collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What does your SO think of your pony collecting?  (Read 5293 times)

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
Re: What does your SO think of your pony collecting?
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2015, 09:05:40 PM »
Haha, I keep trying to quit buying them and my husband keeps telling me to buy them.

lol
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2015, 09:14:07 PM »
I don't currently have anyone at the moment so I don't have to deal with whether or not they approve of my collecting. >> If/when I do find someone they at least must be tolerant and polite about it.  Unless it's utterly detrimental ( and buying ponies is harmless if you manage everything else just fine) I'm not dropping a hobby I adore just because they think toys are for kids or what ever the case may be.

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2015, 09:19:23 PM »
My hubby hates ponies, dolls, toys, collecting things and is not supportive at all. :( He's interested in nothing but hockey, he doesn't collect anything at all or have things, he just likes to play sports. He thinks it's weird that I customize ponies. He doesn't get it. I do have my own pony room which is also my doll room, sewing room, yarn room, craft room etc. My kids however love that I love toys and love my collections. My daughter and I collect ponies and Monster High together so that is fun. He's cranky about my toys but I remind him how much he spends on hockey equipment and that this is my hobby and I don't whine when he wants to stop in at Sport Chek.  >_<

Sometimes I miss my high school boyfriend. He got me into collecting again back then and would help me hunt for ponies at garage sales and flea markets and surprise me with ponies, carebears or barbies for my collection.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2015, 09:45:52 PM »
My hubby hates ponies, dolls, toys, collecting things and is not supportive at all. :( He's interested in nothing but hockey, he doesn't collect anything at all or have things, he just likes to play sports. He thinks it's weird that I customize ponies. He doesn't get it. I do have my own pony room which is also my doll room, sewing room, yarn room, craft room etc. My kids however love that I love toys and love my collections. My daughter and I collect ponies and Monster High together so that is fun. He's cranky about my toys but I remind him how much he spends on hockey equipment and that this is my hobby and I don't whine when he wants to stop in at Sport Chek.  >_<

Sometimes I miss my high school boyfriend. He got me into collecting again back then and would help me hunt for ponies at garage sales and flea markets and surprise me with ponies, carebears or barbies for my collection.

:(

Is that your g4 Gingerbread custom? Omg, want it. *_*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Truly

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2015, 10:29:12 PM »
I'm sorry to everyone who like myself who is not supported and even put down for something they enjoy, but please know that we here think you and your collection is fantastic and you deserve to enjoy anything that brings you happiness, I just want to say this because I know it isn't nice myself, but I know people here like my collecting and that helps  me not feel so down. I don't have a partner and most people hate my collecting and put me down for it. But I'm so happy I have one friend who enjoys the fact that I'm happy, which is just fantastic :) my mum is also a big enabler because I got upset recently and told her I'm going to sell all my ponies away, she told me not to because they make me so happy and I'm not hurting anyone so it's not an issue, she also said "I'm still going to get you ponies and look after them until I next see you!" While I don't have a SO, there's still two great people in my life that let me love whatever I like, they shine brighter than everyone else who just don't understand. And there's always the pony community here!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2015, 08:29:22 AM »
My hubby tolerates. His level of tolerance depends on the day. Many a time he will be in the back room where they're stored (because his legos are there too) and will walk out because they're staring at him. (Obviously it creeps him out at times. I've told him if he has a problem with them staring at him he's more than welcome to turn them all around...)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2015, 08:59:32 AM »
Well, she hated it-  but then I moved to resin fashion dolls/BJDs and I bet she WISHES that all I would go back to just ponies and monster high, lol

Offline Aienhime

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2015, 11:32:53 AM »
Oh, my boyfriend doesn't like ponies himself, but he's a huge nerd who loves Transformers, video games and superhero movies and he has his fair share of statues of various shows and series. He can't really afford to complain about anything ;)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2015, 11:59:28 AM »
If I ever get another boyfriend, which will probably not be for a while, it will be a dealbreaker if he is negative towards my collecting and tries to get me to stop. To me, people who are against toy collections are shallow anyways and probably really boring people.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

vintage pups

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2015, 12:04:00 PM »
Fortunately I am super lucky my husband fully supports my collection. I show him the ponies I have and what I need and he will often search eBay for me to find bargains!
He has promised to buy me Ice Crystal as a birthday/anniversary present if he can find one  :lol:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2015, 12:23:23 PM »
He likes them. He bought me Spike from Build a Bear on Sunday and watched two episodes of FiM. Episodes 1 and 2, so yeah I'd say he's pretty much OK with it.  To both of our surprise.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2015, 02:26:04 PM »
He buys them. They all look the same to him. He can say what he wants, but he has a video and anime game collection that I could say "doesn't make sense." He thinks what he has is "useable." But ponies can be useable too.

Offline moonflower

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • collecting est. 2005
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2015, 12:58:49 AM »
My hubby thinks it's great and he is very patient. We have been to quite a few toy conventions together. He has a collection aswell - a slow growing collection of 70's Action Men - 4 so far, lol.

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2015, 02:26:55 AM »
my fiance :flow: likes that i collect as he collect autographs and we have got each other in to hobbies  :nerdy:so i have a big folder of autos now and go to lots of conventions he likes to buy me ponies for my birthday/christmas  :newpony: he will also watch FIM and he comes with me to pony con and even makes an entry for the distroy a fakie comp and won !! and he is also on here (charmer)he also helped me get my grail play set paradise estate  :frolic: and helped me carry it home on the train from pony con also when w get a bigger house im having a pony room :lovey:!!!  my sindy horse collection on the other hand he thinks is out of control and i am not allowed to buy any more until i sell some :)

i love him so much !! :)
xaflame
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:36:40 AM by Aflame »

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2015, 02:35:57 AM »
Cole really doesnt mind, in fact he HELPS me collect! xD He takes me out to TRU, Target, Walmart, and the mall to track down ponies every week! He love  my glitter variant Funkos, and he wants me to continue collecting them. He does walk into the closet sometimes to grab a tee and he will stop and stare at some of my collection, saying I have a lot of toys- but thats it. He even told me if anything happens to me, he will always keep my ponies and continue my collection!!!! <3 He is the greatest ever.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal