collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ever feel guilty buying newborn twins?  (Read 2501 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
Ever feel guilty buying newborn twins?
« on: January 25, 2015, 08:38:03 PM »
Okay, I'm half-kidding with this post title, but do you have the same hang-ups I do when you try to find the newborn twin you need to complete your set? For instance, I have a Shovels but not a Sandcastle. Sometimes I'll see a Sandcastle in an auction, but then I see that a Shovels is already in the auction, and then I don't want to separate those poor twins, so I can't buy that one! And I don't want to pay $20 for a nice Sandcastle alone so I can't buy the lone ones (when they do come up).

Then there's the problem of your nearly identical newborn twins! I have a Jebber (I think?) but not a Jabber. It's super hard to tell by a picture which one is in the auction! I know that one has its left foot out, one has its right, etc., but it gets complicated! :P

I have so many lonely newborns waiting to be reunited with their sisters. :lol: Someday . . .

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
Re: Ever feel guilty buying newborn twins?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 10:12:39 PM »
definitely. If I end up with a single twin, the other jumps straight to the top of my want list.  And it can be such a pain tracking down just one twin.

Oh and I hate splitting up a set for sure.  If I end up with 3 I'll only split up the two that came together if one is really baity. 

Offline ShugarGlider

• Trade Count: (+74)
    • View Profile
    • NerdyCute
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 10:18:01 PM »
Yep. I usually end up with triplets.

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 01:10:03 AM »
I haven't had the opportunity, but I have no doubt that I would be unable to separate any twins or families that came together, no matter if they were baity or intended as upgrades... My G1 herd is VERY oriented towards families, friends and partners so I'm already in the emotional-about-ponies mindset. :P

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 01:32:40 AM »
I totally identify, though I haven't been in that situation yet.

I have been known to display ponies that came from the same seller together on the grounds that they're probably already friends and it'd be mean to split them up....  :)

Offline Miss_Pompon

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 01:42:35 AM »
I don't split twins either and luckily I didn't have to split any family, all of them came separately.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Made by LordBlumiere, thank you so much

My Want List

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 01:58:50 AM »
LOL, same! I had a childhood single-twin (a gift from a babysitter who also had ponies, most likely), Baby Toppy, and lemme tell you, finding a Baby Big Top alone was NOT fun! :lmao:

I'm still looking for several single-twins, and it is noooot easy! (Or cheap!)
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 03:26:36 AM »
I sure got newborns without their sisters.. and I absolutely hate that some of them looks so similar! It pain in the butt to try to identify is that the other one or not :P
And I do not want to buy both but finding single ones is hard... and if I buy both newborns then I have the same problem other one doesn't have her pair...

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 05:16:01 AM »
:lol: Then it's not just me! Glad I'm not the only one. And sometimes when I get both newborn twins from what was obviously a childhood collection, I feel really happy for them -- like, "they've been together all this time" -- and I don't split them up if I resell them. On the other end of that, I feel bad for the twins that come alone because they've lost their sisters somewhere along the way (or brother, I guess, if it was Doodles).

(Of course, if they come alone and I have their twin, I can at least give them a replacement sibling and put my mind at ease)

I haven't had the opportunity, but I have no doubt that I would be unable to separate any twins or families that came together, no matter if they were baity or intended as upgrades... My G1 herd is VERY oriented towards families, friends and partners so I'm already in the emotional-about-ponies mindset. :P
Yes! I feel like families, at least, should stay together. :lol: I'm the same way in that I have mental ideas of the families in my herd (whether canon or my own) and get emotional about at least my childhood ponies.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 05:18:59 AM by Haruna »

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 06:28:42 AM »
It is annoying when I cant find the twin I need...but rather than buy a new pair, I will just sell my single twin on.
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 09:19:31 AM »
definitely. If I end up with a single twin, the other jumps straight to the top of my want list.  And it can be such a pain tracking down just one twin.

Oh and I hate splitting up a set for sure.  If I end up with 3 I'll only split up the two that came together if one is really baity. 

I can't handle a twin being twinless either! Right now I don't have any lonely babies but when I did it drove me nuts!

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 09:25:27 AM »
I have a complete set of all newborn twins and that was NO easy feat tracking them all down. I think the two pairs I got together was nibbles and dibbles and sandcastle and shovels. I was lucky there with those two sets. Don't get me started on the tiny teeny baby ponies. ><: Just collecting any set was hard. "I am a gotta have all sets complete person."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:28:04 AM by SkyCakes »

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 09:30:43 AM »
LOL, same! I had a childhood single-twin (a gift from a babysitter who also had ponies, most likely), Baby Toppy, and lemme tell you, finding a Baby Big Top alone was NOT fun! :lmao:

Wow, I ALSO had a lone Baby Toppy as a kid!  I liked him (to me, lol) better than Big Top, so I was okay with it mostly.  I can't remember how I ended up with just one - maybe my best friend had the other. 

It is hard to find singles, tho.  :/  I don't think I could bring myself to break up a set already together, even if it is a little silly :P
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 09:33:02 AM »
I don't know yet.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 10:09:50 AM »
So far I have just Three pairs. I bought two of the pairs as pairs, and the other pair I bought at UK Ponycon 2013, from two different sellers but I realised they were both without their twin so I was able to unite them!! I wouldn't have bought them separately.  I think I'll do the same for the other pairs, try to buy them together. I don't want them to be lonely!!

Jules x

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal