collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bought an autentic mlp mug from hasbro but...  (Read 1274 times)

Offline cacopony

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • um...hello?
    • View Profile
    • my deviant art account:
Bought an autentic mlp mug from hasbro but...
« on: January 25, 2015, 03:47:47 PM »
But it was cheaply made >:(

I bought a mug of pinkie pie that came with hasbro's seal and all the stuff.
I used it one time. ONE. TIME.
Next day the paint was chipped down and most of it was gone.
ANd IT ONLY HAD WAteR.

No one touched it, I left it in the sink with some water and that was all, the next day it was most of the paint gone :/

My friend told me he could get me a good quality custom made cup when I told him about this cup :/

I hate when things of brand are way too cheaply made.
You just pay the name of the brand :/
taking drawing comissions, check my DA for reference pics_
http://cacopony.deviantart.com/gallery/

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Bought an autentic mlp mug from hasbro but...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 04:42:50 PM »
Your mug is unlikely to have been made by Hasbro...it will have been made by a licensee to Hasbro (Hasbro stamp just confirms it was made under licence). Have you complained to the company or the store you purchased it from?
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ponies4me

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
  • Die hard Tales fan
    • View Profile
    • Online Shop
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 05:19:27 PM »
I had a similar problem. I bought this mug.
Spoiler
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

On the bottom of the mug, it says to hand wash only. I have had it for about three months and my husband accidentally put it in the washer. When I unloaded the washer, the mug was destroyed. Hubby was nice enough to buy me a new one.

Whenever I use my mug, when I am done with it, I immediately wash it by hand and stick it back in the cupboard. It can't sit in water. I don't think it's Hasbro's fault that their mugs are high maintenance, but they're definitely hard to keep in good shape. I hope you don't give up on pony mugs. Good luck on your future purchases!
Want List
LF: Baby Gametime and Li'l Cupcake (fair to mint conditions)

Offline cacopony

• um...hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 08:43:48 PM »
I guess it must be licensed, but products that have the hasbro mark shouldn't be so bad quality (well, even some of their toys are like this so I'm not sure what I expected here) I didn't even bother complaining cuz it would be a waste of gasoline and time.

I don't use a dishwasher, I just let the mug in the sink during the night and then I when to clean it the next morning the paint was chipped away :/

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 10:02:57 PM »
That sucks.  I wanted to buy a Flower Fairies mug or plate when i was a kid, but it said not to use it with real food or drink.  It looked perfectly normal, not even made of china, just plastic... I mean it wasn't one of those horrid collector plates of dressed-up kittens old ladies stick on the wall.  What's the fun if you can't drink out of it?

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 01:48:52 AM »
A very dear friend of mine got me a Pinkie Pie glass for Christmas, and I thought, "it's glass, certainly it can go through the washing machine!"

Nope, the decal started peeling off after just the first wash, and got progressively worse and worse. :/ Ugh!! This is 2015, people, you need to make your stuff dishwasher safe!!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 02:00:53 AM »
Unfortunately, most of my licenced 'novelty' mugs are like this. Dr Who, Top Gear, Pac-Man, MLP... none of them are dishwasher safe, all of them damaged by too hot water or too vigorous scrubbing. A plastic MLP cup I have was put in the dishwasher by mistake and the decals faded quite considerably, it looks like it was left on a window sill for years! I've since wrapped them all up in paper and put them in a storage box with other antique plates and things, because most were gifts from my loved ones and I don't want to destroy them. In fact, the only hard wearing character-themed crockery I have are Winnie the Pooh baby bowls and cups. They're not dishwasher safe but the designs on them are very resistant to scratching and rubbing, they still look perfect after a year or so of eating breakfast with them.

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 03:22:48 AM »
Ugh!! This is 2015, people, you need to make your stuff dishwasher safe!!

Exactly!

Sorry to hear about your mug :(.  I try to avoid buying only hand wash mugs because I really do not wanna do the dishes (lazy me :P). But how weird that only water can make the print go off... That is totally horrible quality. Instead of saying do not put into dishwasher it should say do not put water on it.. :P

Offline cacopony

• um...hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 09:41:14 AM »
actually the box came with a lot of stuff written but nothing about hand wash only, or anything like that.

It's a shame that licenced or such merch of brand are so poor quality  :cry:

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 10:18:14 AM »
actually the box came with a lot of stuff written but nothing about hand wash only, or anything like that.

Then you definitely should take it back to the store! Goodness, I'm so glad my Pinkie mug is dishwasher safe, it didn't even occur to me to check if it wasn't! :blink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

ladyleaf3

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 10:25:20 AM »
I got a rainbowdash mug from the drug store and it seems to do well in the dishwasher

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 12:53:10 PM »
I guess it must be licensed, but products that have the hasbro mark shouldn't be so bad quality (well, even some of their toys are like this so I'm not sure what I expected here) I didn't even bother complaining cuz it would be a waste of gasoline and time.

I don't use a dishwasher, I just let the mug in the sink during the night and then I when to clean it the next morning the paint was chipped away :/

Unfortunately licensed goods are often the very worst of all quality :(
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline cacopony

• um...hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2015, 06:10:28 PM »

Unfortunately licensed goods are often the very worst of all quality :(

And it's a shame because there is a great ammount of different merch that could be bought for fans, but the bad quality makes them a no-no :C

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 06:13:56 PM »
The Rainbow Dash mug is great! I have it and it's lasting great. The handle is a TOUCH small for my big hands, so my ring finger gets a little too hot sometimes when I use it, but it's a well sealed and sturdy mug. The one with just her face and name, not the one with her legs. I love it!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 09:11:01 PM »
Boo. :( High maintenance dishes are the worst, but maybe that's because dishes are my least favorite chore and I really want to just toss everything in the washer and be done with it. We have mugs and pint glasses that all have to be hand washed and I'm always so paranoid about them. XD

Funny story, my mom bought my husband a cool Doctor Who mug... when you put a hot beverage in it, the TARDIS disappears from one side and appears on the other. But when she was visiting and she took it upon herself to do our dishes, she put it in the washer and destroyed it. She bought him another one but now we always joke that my mother isn't allowed near our dishes. :P
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal