collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular pony opinions!  (Read 36411 times)

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular pony opinions!
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2015, 11:24:00 AM »
Also, it annoys me when people call ponies who were marketed as girls
other genders.

You know, this has always kind of bothered me, too. It only really annoys me with Kingsley, though.. so what if she has a mane?! She's still a girl, according to her backcard! She probably just has a mane so she can have brushable hair, like the other Pony Friends. (Besides, it's not like her tail is very realistic, either :p)

Trans girl Kingsly?? Trans girl Kingsly.  :accomplished:
Like I said, trans headcanons are very important and great but when you come up to me
saying that Firefly is a genderbend male....
Sorry but it's annoying.(nothing against you of course i promise)

-

Ok I thought of more!

I don't like Big Brothers or Mountain Boys.
I will never own one at this point.
Or Sweetheart Sisters! Skinny is for G2 ponies!

EQG should have never happened.

Sea ponies are cute but marketing them to be played with in the bath was a BAD IDEA. (Nobody likes rusty ponies!)

Also, 80% of the ponies were lesbians (or other variations of non straight women).

Post Merge: February 13, 2015, 11:27:22 AM

SAME. I can get people incorrectly labeling pony with another gender during childhood, and continuing to associate them with that gender even after learning the official one, but I see tons of people who genderswap characters solely for the sake of making straight couples. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but I've seen people act like ponies can ONLY be paired together if one is a boy (Not here so much as other places on the internet, but still).

Perhaps I'm being overly sensitive, but it just irks me a bit. I have nothing against the shippers themselves of course  ;)

This is why that bothers me! It would be better if you're doing it just as a headcanon, I think having those is fun! (I know I have 340000. :P)

But when people do it SOLELY for having a straight ship, it really comes off to me as "to be in a relationship they HAVE to be straight."
I don't think most people do it for that reason consciously tbh but it might be just implying such.  :shrug:
(I know my "not trying to bash people" comments are getting old lol.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 11:27:22 AM by Sapphire Rain »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2015, 12:14:49 PM »

Yessss, exactly. (also yesss glad to see I'm not the only one that's not overly-thrilled about Crystal >_> I haven't really watched it yet, I'll admit, but something about the art style weirds me out. :shrug:)

(Eh, the crap and lazy animation and the horrific, over-used CGI made me stop watching. That and they reduced the characters to boring and lifeless dolls because giving them expressions and personality might, gasp, ruin the Always Perfect doll-like art style.) I'm wary of the new Digimon series, too.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2015, 01:03:39 PM »
What Crystal? Sailor Moon Crystal?

Anyway, now regarding to genders... I like to think that Cotton Candy is a boy because I think we need more "pink boys" (and more pony boys in general), but I do not have anything against non-hetero pairings. I'm not sure if you get my point... genderbending and shipping do not come together when it comes to me.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2015, 02:27:01 PM »
I always thought Firefly was a boy as a kid.  I never saw the special, I guess.  Why the pink pony became a boy I don't know.

Gender-bending and shipping are two separate things for me too.  I genderbend ponies all the time but I probably have more same-sex couples than hetero couples.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2015, 03:00:31 PM »
I always thought Firefly was a boy as a kid.  I never saw the special, I guess.  Why the pink pony became a boy I don't know.

Here's a good one! We need more femme boys!!!
And masculine girls!!!!

And canon non binary ponies. Tee hee.

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2015, 03:08:19 PM »
Why the pink pony became a boy I don't know.
'Cause real men wear are pink?  I dunno... :lol:
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2015, 05:07:56 PM »
Oh yeah, another unpopular opinion . . . I don't really like "MLP & Friends" that much.  I don't hate it but I just don't think it's very good--even for an 80s cartoon. 

In particular I don't like Wind Whistler.  Usually I'm all about "the smart character" on a show--but she just rubs me the wrong way.  Partly because of the ridiculous vocabulary they gave her.  Probably they were just trying to shorthand 'hey kids, THIS pony is the SMART one', but she sounds sooo pretentious.

I don't like Tales at ALL and in particular I hate Teddy / Sweetheart as a couple.  (And Teddy in general.)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 05:09:35 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2015, 07:24:51 PM »
Ooh, just thought of another one.. I actually like Baby Lickety-Split in the movie. :B I know a lot of people disliked her.

Also, "The End of Flutter Valley" is one of my favourite episodes from the G1 series, but it seems to be rather unpopular, at least on this board. :shrug:

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2015, 07:27:12 PM »
I like the Eyelash Princesses! :P
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2015, 07:42:22 PM »
Ooh, just thought of another one.. I actually like Baby Lickety-Split in the movie. :B I know a lot of people disliked her.
I like her too.  She messed up in places, but who doesn't?  And it was pretty realistic behavior for her age, and she was kind of unfairly blamed for "spoiling the dance" in a sense (she did do it, but Buttons could have easily told them all to keep going - which is what you're supposed to do).
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2015, 10:29:00 PM »
In particular I don't like Wind Whistler.  Usually I'm all about "the smart character" on a show--but she just rubs me the wrong way.  Partly because of the ridiculous vocabulary they gave her.  Probably they were just trying to shorthand 'hey kids, THIS pony is the SMART one', but she sounds sooo pretentious.

Saaaaame!! Her voice is so unusually mature and that combined with the unnecessarily complex vocabulary makes her come off as stuck up.
I have played with that though tee hee. I think that she thinks shes better than everyone else! HA!

Also, about Tales...y'all probably know how me n Melody get along but the relationships the show frame the girls + boys in are AWFUL.
I mean really!!

I trust that you guys wouldnt put up with a datefriend calling you names and invading your privacy but! This is the very thing that they frame as romantic! WHAT? What a thing to model for young girls.
I'unno.

Sorry I got ranty but. I dont think any of the girls deserve that in mlp tales.
I like to ignore canon and think they got a pretty solid poly relationship going on. Yeah girl power! B)

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2015, 08:33:15 PM »
I though of something else;

Army building bothers me a bit, especially if it's a harder to find character/version. Especially if said "army" is being done just to hoard the rare figure.... Not to be confused with collecting a character, though. If there is some sort of variation or different gimmick is okay but I've always been content with having just like one of a character. G4 for example. Playful Rarity, Fashion Style Rarity, Rainbow Power, Mini figures, Funko, Plush...  Different paint, tinsel/non, different mane colors.For me there is enough there to set them apart even if they are the same size class. Anyway,  I don't really see the necessity of having 20, 50, 100 of literally the same EXACT version of a pony. The only think I can think is "Not cool, bro. Let every body else have one." The worst instance I've ran across is some guy that posted a photo of a room in his house FILLED with those nice, show-accurate 4DE Twilight Sparkle plushies. To my knowledge they are pretty hard to come by.  I know it's your money and no one can tell you how to collect/ect but I've just don't understand the appeal of  "Gotta hoard 'em all".

The exception for me are legit army-building characters (like Storm Trooper toys) but MLP hardly has any of those.  And of course things like gifts and baits. If someone gave me a G3 I already have I'm not just gonna be rude and say "Ahaha dummy I already have that one! Don't you pay attention to every single plastic horse I own?" I'm also not gonna get rid of it later. Regardless of whether or not I already have it. It was a gift and therefore special and sentimental to me.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 08:38:42 PM by Shimmer Mist »

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2015, 08:58:47 PM »
I like the Eyelash Princesses! :P

Me too! Adore! I have them both MIB finally. :D

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline applejackbunny

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 15, 2015, 04:28:45 AM »
I love Collector's Post ponies. I seriously didn't realize people didn't like that pose until I started seeing rumblings on here! The pose reminds me of how real horses stand dozing in the sun. Love it.

I ADORE the Collector Pose ponies! That pose is definitely one of my very favourites! Also had no idea it wasn't popular  :)

Post Merge: February 15, 2015, 04:35:42 AM

I don't know if this is common or not, but I hate equestria girls. I just want to stick to ponies :/

Almost no one likes EQG!

Ditto!  :huh:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 08:27:48 AM by Sunlight-Lapin »
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 15, 2015, 04:46:42 AM »
I like Equestria Girls. I think their ears are cute. I don't really thing FiM is that great of a show honestly. I don't understand "shipping" either. To me ponies are cute/pretty things to put on my shelf. I don't care for seaponies or sweetheart sisters.I don't like that the funkos come in black, why? It's just weird.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal