collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular pony opinions!  (Read 36349 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular pony opinions!
« Reply #120 on: February 09, 2015, 12:25:19 PM »
I adore blind bags. They also double as D&D figurines in a pinch too!

I've done that with blind bag ponies, too!  :lol:
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2015, 12:34:20 PM »
I don't really hold G1 as highly as a lot of people around here. I appreciate it, and I do like it, but I honestly prefer G3 and G4.

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2015, 11:28:11 AM »
Here's another one: I love gimmicks on ponies, as long as they aren't overdone. A pinch of tinsel is fine, half the mane with tinsel not. I like scented ponies, ponies with odd factory hair, neon, glow in the dark things and those new snowglobe ponies.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2015, 03:41:44 PM »
I actually don't want G1 to "come back" or anything like that.. don't get me wrong, I *adore* G1, and I love cross-gen customs, but in general I'd much rather have new character brushables than re-used G1 characters. It would be cool if they made, say, a Firefly brushable, but I'm not desperate for one, if that makes sense ^^; Not sure how to word this...

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2015, 04:43:07 PM »
I actually don't want G1 to "come back" or anything like that.. don't get me wrong, I *adore* G1, and I love cross-gen customs, but in general I'd much rather have new character brushables than re-used G1 characters. It would be cool if they made, say, a Firefly brushable, but I'm not desperate for one, if that makes sense ^^; Not sure how to word this...

I know what you mean.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2015, 05:29:06 PM »

I know what you mean.

Oh, that's good :D I dunno, I just like each gen to be their own seperate thing, generally - at least as far as official things go. I guess that's another way of describing it, heh.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2015, 12:29:57 AM »
I don't really hold G1 as highly as a lot of people around here. I appreciate it, and I do like it, but I honestly prefer G3 and G4.
Same XD I own a few G1s, but honestly they look like hippos to me O.o G3 is the only generation that actually has that equine appearance  :satisfied:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2015, 01:10:25 AM »
Same XD I own a few G1s, but honestly they look like hippos to me O.o G3 is the only generation that actually has that equine appearance  :satisfied:

I used to love G1 as a kid, but then I fell in love with G3. Now, I think I like it more than G1.

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2015, 08:39:56 AM »
An unpopular opinion of mine is also that I like G4. And only G4. You will never see me buying a previous gen pony. I can appreciate their color schemes, but hate the molds and their faces in general. As many here have stated, "G4s look like mice/foxes/deer etc" that's actually the reason why I like just them. In fact, I almost want to picture them as fox-like like someone else said. Foxes are my favorite animal!  :lol: This being an MLP forum, I'm going to guess that "I find horses/ponies super scary looking" is also an unpopular opinion. And my last one, I'm going to second that I prefer the term cutie mark though it's rather disliked here. Symbol to me just sounds so plain for something that should be..."exciting" on the pony? Or something like that. Just sounds too generic to me.  :P

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2015, 09:35:27 AM »
Unpopular opinion:  I don't like Gusty.  (The toy, not the character.)  The purple maple leaves clash with her hair.  She was one of the few ponies I DIDN'T want as a kid.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2015, 10:20:23 AM »

Oh, that's good :D I dunno, I just like each gen to be their own seperate thing, generally - at least as far as official things go. I guess that's another way of describing it, heh.

I like callbacks to old gens as Easter Eggs and such and having some older characters reappear as toys or characters in the show, but I wouldn't want it to be a focus. I also absolutely don't trust a large-scale revival to be anything but a way to try and make quick money off nostaglia and ultimately produce a cheap and subpar product coughsailormooncrystalcough, rather than a way of continuing the story or giving something new life.

I'd like to see maybe a limited collector's set of iconic old gen characters in G4 moulds, that'd be pretty darn cool.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2015, 10:51:09 AM »
I love tinsel in my ponies manes! Wild, crinkled, untamable, it doesn't bother me a bit. I love pretty, shiny tinsel!

Same. It's so pretty!!

-

No but honestly? I think G3.5 Toola Roola's hairdo is precious.
Also, it annoys me when people call ponies who were marketed as girls
other genders. Like, trans headcanons are different but whenever I see it
it's more like genderbending.

/shrug
(Not trying to be mean but really!!! hahaha)

I don't like Mimic even though a lot of other people love her. If I found a Mimic at a garage sale I would get her but she's not a pony I'd pay a lot of money for.

Ponyfan

Oh! This too.
I think Mimic is pretty but I really don't think she's worth hundreds of dollars.
C'mon, she's not THAT special.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2015, 11:11:43 AM »

I like callbacks to old gens as Easter Eggs and such and having some older characters reappear as toys or characters in the show, but I wouldn't want it to be a focus. I also absolutely don't trust a large-scale revival to be anything but a way to try and make quick money off nostaglia and ultimately produce a cheap and subpar product coughsailormooncrystalcough, rather than a way of continuing the story or giving something new life.

Yessss, exactly. (also yesss glad to see I'm not the only one that's not overly-thrilled about Crystal >_> I haven't really watched it yet, I'll admit, but something about the art style weirds me out. :shrug:)

other genders.

You know, this has always kind of bothered me, too. It only really annoys me with Kingsley, though.. so what if she has a mane?! She's still a girl, according to her backcard! She probably just has a mane so she can have brushable hair, like the other Pony Friends. (Besides, it's not like her tail is very realistic, either :p)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2015, 11:18:26 AM »
I do not care much for G1's  :P  I have 10 only in my collection and It will stay that way more likely :)
love the Dream Castle though,but not so much the ponies ,not enough to get more of them,

I love G2's they are my favorites :)

I think these 2 opinions are very Unpopular  :biggrin:
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2015, 11:21:15 AM »
I love tinsel in my ponies manes! Wild, crinkled, untamable, it doesn't bother me a bit. I love pretty, shiny tinsel!

Same. It's so pretty!!

-

No but honestly? I think G3.5 Toola Roola's hairdo is precious.
other genders. Like, trans headcanons are different but whenever I see it
it's more like genderbending.

/shrug
(Not trying to be mean but really!!! hahaha)
SAME. I can get people incorrectly labeling pony with another gender during childhood, and continuing to associate them with that gender even after learning the official one, but I see tons of people who genderswap characters solely for the sake of making straight couples. Normally this wouldn't bother me, but I've seen people act like ponies can ONLY be paired together if one is a boy (Not here so much as other places on the internet, but still).

Perhaps I'm being overly sensitive, but it just irks me a bit. I have nothing against the shippers themselves of course  ;)
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal