collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unpopular pony opinions!  (Read 36104 times)

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unpopular pony opinions!
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2015, 01:10:06 PM »
I love Tootsie, colour and pose.  It's not easy being green =P

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2015, 02:20:50 PM »
I love BBE ponies, they're so adorable
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2015, 02:30:41 PM »
I don't like ponies with masses of hair.  I had a Brush 'n Grow as a kid and I'd get sooo annoyed because the teeth of the pony combs / brushes would break off in her hair, plus it was hard to pose her so she wasn't stepping on her mane.

I don't like the length of G3 or G4 manes either.  Just too long, and it makes them look less pony-ish.  (But they could use more tail hair, ha ha!)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2015, 01:03:02 PM »
Here's another one: remember the anthropomorphic Ponyville figures from G3? And merponies? Well I would love to get my hands on them!

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2015, 01:15:19 PM »
I love tinsel in my ponies' hair. :P Yes, even the clear, easily-fried kind that everyone else seems to despise.

To me, most G1 ponies are... well, not UGLY, exactly, but I don't really find them particularly pretty.

**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2015, 01:53:50 PM »
I love So Softs! Even ones with ratty flocking.
I don't like Rapunzel, and if I ever got one cheap, I would seriously consider simply reselling it, despite the fact that I'm a completionist.
I prefer ponies with shorter hair and simpler designs. I especially don't care for ornate customs.
I don't particularly care for G1 babies, and think G3 babies are ugly.
All of the G1 pegasus poses disappoint me, except Firefly's, which is one of my favorite poses along with all the unicorns.
I like repainting eye-scuffs, which apparently a lot of collectors don't like to do for some reason?

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2015, 02:06:00 PM »
I didn't care too much for "My Little Pony and Friends" and "My Little Pony Tales" was actually upsetting to me growing up.   They looked like a bizarre cross between humans and ponies.  I still don't care for them.

I also didn't the the new commercials, "I'm a My Little Pony Mommy" or the packaging after 1986.  It didn't seem like the "real" my little pony anymore and all the magic had drained away. 

But, I did eventually warm to the "new G1 ponies" years later.  I didn't appreciate them until they were gone.

I actually do love Mimic and would pay the price for her if I had the funds.  I also love Beddy-bye eyes.  I do think Twinkle eyes are freaky and their poses are also kind of clunky I but want them any way.

Sig art by SquarePeg!

Truly

« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2015, 02:10:19 PM »
-I LOVE g2 ponies! They have adorable smiles that make me smile! And crystals in eyes? Silky soft hair? Yes please!

- I love the g3 donkey pose, as a kid it was a great pose to play with!

- I hate g4 to g1 custom ponies. While many are stunning and customizers are so talented, isn't there enough fluttershys and pinkie pies around in G4 already? And to be honest I hate seeing baby lucky made into an ugly g4 Snips... It just bugs me...

- g1 customs of characters from other shows... The homer Simpson one makes me want to cry... G1 ponies are beautiful not balding overweight middle aged men! While I love seeing some characters, some do not translate into pony well at all...

(Wow I'm really mean...)

-I love custom ponies made from ponies that are otherwise considered rubbish due to being cut in half and such! I've  seen so many gorgeous custom ponies of merponies and repaired ponies that just blow my mind! Thank you customizers for giving these ponies the love they deserve! So clever and creative!

-I love twinkle eyes and so softs and seaponies!

-too many re-releases in G4. It's like Hasbro replaced factories with cloning machines instead, and it's spewing out an ocean of pinkie pies
(Though this isn't too unpopular really at all I just wanted to say it lol)

- g1 Rapunzel, yeah she's pretty but she's not for me, if I ever found one I'll sell her here to a home that will adore her. (Plus that long curled hair will drive me insane!)

-I LOVE tinsel in hair! I mean I hate when I get a second hand pony with dreadlocks and the tinsel melted together, but when tinsel is fixable or new it's beautiful! Especially the iridescent clear stuff!

-I need more beddy bye eye babies! I love them all so much! Even the rusty eyed unfortunate ones! Even when those rusty eyes roll back into the head and won't move back, it just means I have a pirate baby pony XD

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2015, 03:17:11 PM »
Mine is.....I'm not that keen on Fizzy. Everyone seems to adore her....not me though, sorry!  ;)

Post Merge: February 04, 2015, 03:18:09 PM

Oh, and Firefly. Don't like Firefly. So much so, that I don't even have her in my collection. Weird, I know!
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2015, 06:14:00 AM »
I can think of an opinion that is probably very unpopular here, judging from another thread;  I actually think that FIM would have been popular if it had the old art style.  Mostly because while the art style is clearly different, I feel that it has the heart to it, and what ultimately matters is the show itself.

I also don't agree that "the only reason bronies watched it was because of the weird art style" firstly, FIM doesn't have weird art style to me, it has a beautiful art style with a 80s/90s charm to it.  Secondly, I have never once heard anyone say that they got into FIM because it had a weird art style - every time someone explained what caused them to watch it, they always said because it had a good storyline.

Sorry, I know that was venting, but the results of that poll kind of got to me...  I'm really sorry to have done this, but I needed to say it.  I still love it here. :)
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

flyawayraven

« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2015, 10:58:43 AM »
I adore blind bags. They also double as D&D figurines in a pinch too!

I like the Tootsie, Gingerbread, and Quackers poses. I do NOT like the poses for Medley, Moondancer, and Dancing Butterflies. Poor Butterflies looks like her neck is broken!

I don't care for Funko's. I wish Hasbro would get off their behinds and make collector exclusives in-house again. Same goes for the We Love Fine figurines.

I don't like the Teeny Tiny G! ponies. They look more like kittens than ponies!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2015, 11:13:33 AM »

*grins* Glad I'm not the only one to do so!
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2015, 12:04:18 PM »

*grins* Glad I'm not the only one to do so!
I've thought about doing it a few times myself!  Someone should totally organize a MLP themed D&D at the MLP Fair at some point.

It's time for the most unpopular opinion I think is possible...  I don't really like Unicorns as much as the other types of MLP.  I don't even know why, and I don't hate them or anything, but I just don't care for them as much.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2015, 12:14:02 PM »
I hate blind bag ponies...... but is that a popular opinion? I dunno. They churn them out like crazy and I can no long keep up.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Featherwurm

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Featherwurm Graphics
« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2015, 12:24:50 PM »
I think Mimic is pretty but severely overrated and I don't understand the hype.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal