collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Re: Build-a-Bear Plush (Cadance, Shining Armor & Luna)  (Read 18366 times)

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
Re: Build-a-Bear Plush (Cadance, Shining Armor & Luna)
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2015, 01:32:21 PM »
Need Luna so bad!

WhiteHeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #166 on: April 01, 2015, 10:06:48 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Shining Armor came in the mail yesterday, but I couldn’t pick him up from the apartment office until today. He's here safe and sound now though! His outfit looked super goofy on him. It didn’t fit well at all and I took it off right away. I wish I could have purchased him without it.

Another thing I don’t like is that he and Cadance have their cutie marks on the same side of their body so if you display them facing one another, one of them won’t have their cutie mark showing. I have a lot of outfits for Cadance so her CM will probably mostly be covered anyway, so it’s not a huge deal, but I feel like this is something BAB should have considered.

Cadance is wearing Celestia’s dress today. As with Twilight’s dress, it looks much better on Cadance than on its intended wearer
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:36:30 AM by WhiteHeather »

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #167 on: April 01, 2015, 10:17:11 AM »

Shining Armor came in the mail yesterday, but I couldn’t pick him up from the apartment office until today. He's here safe and sound now though! His outfit looked super goofy on him. It didn’t fit well at all and I took it off right away. I wish I could have purchased him without it.

Another thing I don’t like is that he and Cadance have their cutie marks on the same side of their body so if you display them facing one another, one of them won’t have their cutie mark showing. I have a lot of outfits for Cadance so her CM will probably mostly be covered anyway, so it’s not a huge deal, but I feel like this is something BAB should have considered.

Cadance is wearing Celestia’s dress today. As with Twilight’s dress, it looks much better on Cadance than on it’s intended wearer
I just got ordering SA last night, I had a 10 dllr certifcate I got to use, but I share your feeling about the outfit :( I don't buy any of them with clothes and they are forcing you to get him with that goofy jacket :(
At least I feel I only paid for him and the outfit got paid with that free 10 dllrs from them.
hope they stuff him well :) that is the other thing, you can't get him at the store,so I hope it doesn't come with flaws or under stuffed.

By the way ,where did you get the little sculpture in the middle ,it looks awesome :)

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

WhiteHeather

« Reply #168 on: April 01, 2015, 10:34:08 AM »
I just got ordering SA last night, I had a 10 dllr certifcate I got to use, but I share your feeling about the outfit :( I don't buy any of them with clothes and they are forcing you to get him with that goofy jacket :(
At least I feel I only paid for him and the outfit got paid with that free 10 dllrs from them.
hope they stuff him well :) that is the other thing, you can't get him at the store,so I hope it doesn't come with flaws or under stuffed.

By the way ,where did you get the little sculpture in the middle ,it looks awesome :)

Yeah, I had a $10 card I used for him too, so at least that basically paid for the goofy coat. The horn on mine was a little funky, but I managed to squish the stuffing around some to help make it better.

The central sculpture is a custom automaton by renegadecow: http://renegadecow.deviantart.com/art/Cadence-and-Shining-Armor-453191701

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #169 on: April 01, 2015, 10:43:35 AM »

Yeah, I had a $10 card I used for him too, so at least that basically paid for the goofy coat. The horn on mine was a little funky, but I managed to squish the stuffing around some to help make it better.

The central sculpture is a custom automaton by renegadecow: http://renegadecow.deviantart.com/art/Cadence-and-Shining-Armor-453191701
Awesome, Just watched the Youtube video:) !
one of a kind item :) ,only one made right ?
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 01, 2015, 10:46:07 AM »

Cadance is wearing Celestia’s dress today. As with Twilight’s dress, it looks much better on Cadance than on it’s intended wearer

What do you mean you can't get him stuffed at the store? People order these unstuffed so they can get him stuffed inside the store  :huh:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2015, 10:50:29 AM »
What do you mean you can't get him stuffed at the store? People order these unstuffed so they can get him stuffed inside the store  :huh:

You can't pick out which Shining Armor you want, though.  While I've personally had no issues with just reaching into the bin and pulling out the pony I want, sometimes people notice a few odd things here and there and go through the bin until they find one that looks good.  Can't exactly do that with an online order...
Instagram / Want List

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #172 on: April 01, 2015, 10:54:45 AM »

You can't pick out which Shining Armor you want, though.  While I've personally had no issues with just reaching into the bin and pulling out the pony I want, sometimes people notice a few odd things here and there and go through the bin until they find one that looks good.  Can't exactly do that with an online order...
Yes that is what I meant, and when you are at the store you tell them how much more stuffing you want in them ,online orders ,I know you can re stuff them at the store, I think if SA is not stuffed enough ,I will take RD and Pinkie to get re stuffed a little bit more too.

WhiteHeather

« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2015, 10:56:29 AM »

Yeah, the horn on mine was a little lopsided. He wasn't bad, but I probably would have chosen a different one if I could have picked him up in store. I don't really understand why BAB has online exclusives when half the point of them is going to pick out and stuff the toy yourself.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2015, 11:00:47 AM »
Yeah, the online exclusive thing really irks me.  I love going to Build a Bear and talking with the workers while getting fluff put in my ponies!  Ordering online, having to pay for shipping, not being sure if your pony will be of a quality that you want... uh no thanks.

When I went to get Luna, it was the first time I carefully picked out which one I wanted.  I noticed that the two on the very top had lopsided horns, so I actually took them and put them on the bottom. :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2015, 11:22:35 AM »

Yes that is what I meant, and when you are at the store you tell them how much more stuffing you want in them ,online orders ,I know you can re stuff them at the store, I think if SA is not stuffed enough ,I will take RD and Pinkie to get re stuffed a little bit more too.
Oh. I just hate online exclusives. I don't care about what flaws the ponies have. I just get what a get and be happy about it :)
I plan to get Shing and Trixie next paycheck (hopefully) :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 01, 2015, 12:25:01 PM »

You can't order them unstuffed in the UK :/ BABW apparently fail to see the flaw in removing the whole point of their shop existing from some of their products :lol: It'd be nice if you could just order the empty skins to be delivered to your nearest store to stuff them but they don't offer that, either :(

The dresses are still tempting, but I don't really like Celestia's, especially as the crown doesn't match the one she usually wears, so I might have a go at making my own clothes for them, or the crowns and necklaces, anyway.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Re: Re: Build-a-Bear Plush (Cadance, Shining Armor & Luna)
« Reply #177 on: April 01, 2015, 06:27:28 PM »
My 3 arrived today :) might go on the weekend to get them stuffed (and get Celestia's wing adjusted) if we feel up to it.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

WhiteHeather

« Reply #178 on: April 01, 2015, 10:08:14 PM »
The dresses are still tempting, but I don't really like Celestia's, especially as the crown doesn't match the one she usually wears, so I might have a go at making my own clothes for them, or the crowns and necklaces, anyway.

You can just be like me and buy all the princess dresses for Cadance because they look better on her anyway XD

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Re: Re: Build-a-Bear Plush (Cadance, Shining Armor & Luna)
« Reply #179 on: April 24, 2015, 05:34:09 PM »
Are Lunas still easy to find in Build-a-Bear? I know they were selling out really fast when she first came out. I just got a $5 off coupon from them and I'm hoping to be able to get her sometime in the coming month (after I make a Pony purchase here on the Arena :))

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal