collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Re: Build-a-Bear Plush (Cadance, Shining Armor & Luna)  (Read 18370 times)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Build-a-Bear Plush (Cadance, Shining Armor & Luna)
« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2015, 02:32:07 PM »
I wonder if i'm the only one, but i always feel a bit dissapointed when i compare the actual products to their promo pictures.
Are they just hard to photograph?

The toys used for the stock images are either created before the toy enters mass-production, so it's had special care taken over it, or it's one of the best-looking ones, and then the images are, of course, photoshopped so the product looks its best. It seems a fairly common thing for toys, actually, looking at pony and doll stock photos which are invariably far more detailed than the actual item :/

I'd personally say that a lot of my BAB ponies look better than the promo pics, but there is a lot of variation in each line - the face shape varies from pony to pony, some have bent horns/wings, etc, stitching can be wonky (my Luna has an odd seam on her hoof, the display Cadence in my local store had something funky going on with her rear end :lol: - so your mileage might vary, and I'm personally quite picky about my toys so I make sure I get one I'm happy with :lol:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2015, 02:38:59 PM »
I agree, CupidStrikes.  When I bought Luna, the lady had to replenish the bin and just handed me the one on top.  I looked at it and didn't like the shape of her nose, so I dug through the 20-odd others until I found one whose nose wasn't terribly elongated.  Then I made sure the guy stuffing her positioned her wings up so they're not floppy like my Celestia, who I bought pre-stuffed as I didn't have time to have her stuffed right then, and when I got her home I had to cut quite a bit of spare tail hair out of her back seam.  The ones you see in ads often have their hooves raised or knees bent, which isn't really something you could have done in store. 

Also, all the Lunas I saw still had traces of whatever backing material they used for her embroidery peeking out from the edges of the stitching. 

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2015, 02:52:48 PM »
I agree, CupidStrikes.  When I bought Luna, the lady had to replenish the bin and just handed me the one on top.  I looked at it and didn't like the shape of her nose, so I dug through the 20-odd others until I found one whose nose wasn't terribly elongated.  Then I made sure the guy stuffing her positioned her wings up so they're not floppy like my Celestia, who I bought pre-stuffed as I didn't have time to have her stuffed right then, and when I got her home I had to cut quite a bit of spare tail hair out of her back seam.  The ones you see in ads often have their hooves raised or knees bent, which isn't really something you could have done in store. 

Also, all the Lunas I saw still had traces of whatever backing material they used for her embroidery peeking out from the edges of the stitching.

There were only 3 of each in the bin when I got Luna, and the shop was mildly busy so I didn't want to be a pain but I'm actually pretty happy with mine - her wings don't quite sit straight despite the young lady's attempts to fiddle with the cardboard in them (I think they're not symmetrically stitched in, and the tips curl in the same direction so it looks odd), but her muzzle isn't devoid of stuffing and her face isn't too pointy!. I noticed when I got home that one of her hooves is a bit funky but eh, she's mine now <3 So long as they have no holes/unravelled embroidery, or mangled wings, I'm generally a happy camper, but sometimes finding one with straight wings is really hard. And my word does that hair shed like mad when you first brush it!

I'm fairy certain they have some sort of props to get them into the poses they use for their ads - one to spread the wings as they do, and something to weight down the foot because I've tried and I can't get their legs to do the quadruped  pose they use!
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2015, 03:34:39 PM »

There were only 3 of each in the bin when I got Luna, and the shop was mildly busy so I didn't want to be a pain but I'm actually pretty happy with mine - her wings don't quite sit straight despite the young lady's attempts to fiddle with the cardboard in them (I think they're not symmetrically stitched in, and the tips curl in the same direction so it looks odd), but her muzzle isn't devoid of stuffing and her face isn't too pointy!. I noticed when I got home that one of her hooves is a bit funky but eh, she's mine now <3 So long as they have no holes/unravelled embroidery, or mangled wings, I'm generally a happy camper, but sometimes finding one with straight wings is really hard. And my word does that hair shed like mad when you first brush it!

I'm fairy certain they have some sort of props to get them into the poses they use for their ads - one to spread the wings as they do, and something to weight down the foot because I've tried and I can't get their legs to do the quadruped  pose they use!

I wish they had a wire frame that you could choose to add inside your pony before it gets stuffed so that you could bend their legs and put them in poses.  I wonder if that is in fact how they get them in those poses for the promo pics.

Alzatia

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Build-a-Bear Plush (Cadance, Shining Armor & Luna)
« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2015, 08:10:49 AM »
Anyone received a notification that their Shining Armor was shipped out? I've received nothing since I placed my order Friday morning.  :huh:

Offline BlueBelle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2015, 09:16:16 AM »
What shipping method did you select? They usually will let you know when it ships.

Alzatia

« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2015, 11:58:28 AM »
Fedex as it was the only available option for my area.  And ironically just received the email.

pinkninja

« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2015, 01:23:47 PM »
These are out already?!?! I totally skipped the whole thread since there is 11 pages but can anyone sum up when these came out? IF i still have a chance at getting a LUNA and/or Shinning!! Thanks!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2015, 01:29:15 PM »
These are out already?!?! I totally skipped the whole thread since there is 11 pages but can anyone sum up when these came out? IF i still have a chance at getting a LUNA and/or Shinning!! Thanks!

They came out this past Friday.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

pinkninja

« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2015, 02:00:44 PM »
Awesome!! Thanks MoonbeamStar!

WhiteHeather

« Reply #160 on: March 25, 2015, 01:32:30 PM »
Anyone received a notification that their Shining Armor was shipped out? I've received nothing since I placed my order Friday morning.  :huh:

Mine was shipped yesterday and I ordered him on Saturday.

Cadance is waiting patiently for him:

Also, Cadance totally rocks that dress better than Twilight does. She seems to look better in all the Princess dresses than the actual intended wearers.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 01:46:40 PM by WhiteHeather »

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2015, 11:55:03 AM »
He's heeerre!  Just came!

I was afraid that his clothes might not come off like  Zecora's jewelry but he wasn't even wearing his jacket when he arrived.  His body structure is a little different from the girls.  He has a bigger chest and a smaller rump.  I like his eyes.  On the playful size toys, they come off looking sad or concerned.  Here he actually looks in love!

The lighting in these photos make the lighter blue look like the same shade as in the toy.  However, it is actually more of an aqua green color.  Doesn't bother me too much, though.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 12:02:53 PM by Sunset »

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2015, 12:03:27 PM »
Did he come  you stuffed? Or can you tell em in them in the extra info box when ordering  to send him to you unstuffed?
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2015, 01:22:09 PM »
Did he come  you stuffed? Or can you tell em in them in the extra info box when ordering  to send him to you unstuffed?

I always order mine stuffed, but I know other people have ordered theirs unstuffed so there must be somewhere when ordering to tell them to leave it unstuffed.

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2015, 01:25:26 PM »

You write it in the notes section that you want it unstuffed :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal