collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponyville Friendship is Magic Collection  (Read 22867 times)

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
Re: Possible New Brushables. Including... FLAM?!
« Reply #150 on: February 08, 2015, 09:38:15 AM »
It's looking like they are going to be mini figure sets
http://www.mlpmerch.com/2015/02/more-info-on-apple-family-sets.html
I'm not gonna cry. I'm gonna rage. HOW LAME CAN YOU BE HASBRO?!!!!!  :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :angry: :angry:
That is just flat out blatant ignorance.... does someone seriously need to go to Hasbro headquarters, go up to the head person and shove the "We want more brushable characters petition !" in their face to get it through their 1,000x brick wall thick skull?

This generation is a failure. I was looking forward to seeing pics from the toy fair, but after discovering this I'm just like "Nah...." I'll spare my time. :hmm:

Did those amazon listings ever actually say that they were brushables, though? I thought they were pretty vague before they were taken down. Sure you aren't just all caught up in a ton of fan speculation? Yes brushables would be nice, I'd love more especially of the Apple Family but if Amazon's listing or Hasbro never specifically stated that they were brushables I don't know why you are calling them failures and placing any sort of blame on them. It's not Hasbro's fault some random product info that Amazon leaked too early wasn't what you were expecting.

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 08, 2015, 09:58:09 AM »
I'm not gonna cry. I'm gonna rage. HOW LAME CAN YOU BE HASBRO?!!!!!  :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :angry: :angry:
That is just flat out blatant ignorance.... does someone seriously need to go to Hasbro headquarters, go up to the head person and shove the "We want more brushable characters petition !" in their face to get it through their 1,000x brick wall thick skull?

This generation is a failure. I was looking forward to seeing pics from the toy fair, but after discovering this I'm just like "Nah...." I'll spare my time. :hmm:

Did those amazon listings ever actually say that they were brushables, though? I thought they were pretty vague before they were taken down. Sure you aren't just all caught up in a ton of fan speculation? Yes brushables would be nice, I'd love more especially of the Apple Family but if Amazon's listing or Hasbro never specifically stated that they were brushables I don't know why you are calling them failures and placing any sort of blame on them. It's not Hasbro's fault some random product info that Amazon leaked too early wasn't what you were expecting.

Well, Amazon listed them as "dolls", and since many dolls have brushable hair... we hoped for the best

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2015, 09:59:20 AM »

Well, Amazon listed them as "dolls", and since many dolls have brushable hair... we hoped for the best

Exactly what I was going to say, Dreamer  :satisfied:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2015, 10:17:19 AM »
Them being figure sets is incredibly disappointing.  :huh: I was really looking forward to more new brushables.

I think Hasbro is getting better with releasing new brushable characters (like the flower-tattoo ones), but it would be nice to have ones that don't have any of those gimmicks attached. Plain, new character brushables in singles like the first few G4 waves. Which is the next convention that will have Hasbro MLP reps?? A bunch of people should just go up and ask why they're still neglecting the brushable lines and rereleasing the Mane 6 & princessses all the dang time.

I'm sure these sets will be overpriced, too. Weren't a lot of the 3-blindbag theme sets something like 10 or 12 bucks? For a few small mass-produced plastic figures, that's way too much. :|

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2015, 10:59:57 AM »
With characters like Flam and Apple Strudel in the mix I really wasn't expecting them to be brushables, so I'm not disappointed. I'm still collecting new character mini figures for the most part so for me this is a good thing that there will be a few new ones for me to collect and I might replace a few translucent ones with solid color figures.

Offline nogames

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2015, 11:08:04 AM »
Where are these pics came from?

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2015, 11:23:41 AM »
If I were a little girl, I would wonder why there are so many things (merch) about ponies but no actual, brushable ponies...

By the way, I KNEW IT.... but I'm not proud

Well to be honest, there are a lot of very popular horsie toys that aren't brushable. Breyer is a good example and to a lesser extent so is Schleich, Safari Ltd. and CollectA.

Post Merge: February 08, 2015, 12:02:55 PM

I know! right!  I'm really hoping 1 that the Day of the Dead ponies
are the TRU exclusive
and 2 (by inference) they don't make Flam and the Apple family
ponies Day of the Dead!

7-10 year old girls arent macabre aficionadoes Hasbro!
MH did a Day of the Dead doll and she was really quite cool.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:02:55 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2015, 12:34:32 PM »
 :cloud:

I guess the only new brushables we'll get this year all have eye tattoos. Yay.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2015, 12:39:38 PM »
Am I the only one who actually likes this idea as well even when they aren't brushies....?
Of course not. But when you're surrounded by posts like "This is proof that things can always be worse" and "This generation is a failure," it's a little intimidating to say so.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2015, 01:13:52 PM »
Am I the only one who actually likes this idea as well even when they aren't brushies....?
Of course not. But when you're surrounded by posts like "This is proof that things can always be worse" and "This generation is a failure," it's a little intimidating to say so.
Everyone is entailed to their opinions and should not let what others think stop you from posting what you think :)
I would honestly have to see the sets before my final judgement on them. I'm not a fan of the character blind bag size sets but if they have buildings and stuff that can be used for other small toys then I might actually look into these.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2015, 03:02:33 PM »
Where are these pics came from?

Source is a Russian website - or thats the link I was sent on them anyway.

I had a feeling these were going to be POP characters until I saw the price and now suddenly a range of blind bags with accessories makes sense...not to mention that Hasbro have been weirdly quite on the ponyville front throughout G4 other than some big pack releases. Ponyville style set releases were probably inevitable.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2015, 01:06:27 PM »

Oh. oh.  :cry:  I actually like the mini-blindbag sets, and I like the idea of more furniture/dollhouse type stuff for them- but this is disappointing simply because I let myself start thinking about what an ADORABLE brushable set the Apple family would be- I will confess I even let myself start hoping that they'd come up with some new molds (like a boy mold for Big Mac and maybe a mold for Granny!!). 

Ah well.  I hope at least the mini sets aren't just repainted versions of the pony molds we've already seen.

I am hoping that the Rarity's Boutique sells so well that maybe they will do a Library treehouse, Barn and even a Sugarcube Corner (the POP one is cute but just a bit small).  Of course, I suppose I should be grateful that they didn't do a brushable or fashion style sized barn or Sugarcube Corner- playsets do take up a lot of space I guess.  :lookround:

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2015, 01:21:18 PM »
Glad I didn't let myself get excited for these. I've been waiting for an Apple family barn and Mac's haywagon playset for over four years, it figures that they would make them BBs that I hate and don't collect. :huh: Think I might just have to wait some more years until I can get a G1 Show Stable to display them in. All two of the Apples that have found a brushable, anyway. What's the point in having a toyline that's so strictly chained down to the show characters if you won't even main-line release characters that appeared in the very first episode and many/most after?

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2015, 01:26:15 PM »
Ah well. I'll think of them as a way to save money ;) Something like 8 new G4 brushables per year is surprisingly goodf or my wallet.

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2015, 01:43:55 PM »
Glad I didn't let myself get excited for these. I've been waiting for an Apple family barn and Mac's haywagon playset for over four years, it figures that they would make them BBs that I hate and don't collect. :huh: Think I might just have to wait some more years until I can get a G1 Show Stable to display them in. All two of the Apples that have found a brushable, anyway. What's the point in having a toyline that's so strictly chained down to the show characters if you won't even main-line release characters that appeared in the very first episode and many/most after?

Another part of that chaining down to the show most likely has to do with the fandom. I think a chunk of the problem is that a lot of FIM  fans cried for show-accurate and molded hair so when they made them, ( in a blindbag size probably for the sake of cost and simplicity) people gobbled them up and the minifigures sold better than the brushables.  To me it feels like Hasbro was so eager to please the huge cartoon fanbase they started to neglect the folks that like the variety with the dolls. "Why make new characters when these 6 here sell so well?" or "Why make larger figures of these characters when the minis are so cheap to make and sell so well?" essentially. What I don't understand is the mentality they have with the pony toys. It's not like that for Transformers at all. They've said time and time again their goal is always to make their standard "transforming figures" first and foremost even when they do make cheaper or gimmicky things they still have that core line they'll produce. IT'd be nice if that was an obvious and well-stated goal for MLP as well. Although I'm not too hesitant to say that TF gets a lot of variety, especially now because they learned their lesson over-saturating the market with Bumblebee (because the kids love him) and the same robot designs for three movies straight. By the time the third film came out the toys weren't selling as well at all. It seems like this is what MLP's brushable line is going through right now. You think they'd have a mind NOT to let something like that happen with their other toy lines, though.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 01:50:25 PM by Shimmer Mist »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal