collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponyville Friendship is Magic Collection  (Read 22863 times)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
Re: Possible New Brushables. Including... FLAM?!
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2015, 07:46:24 AM »
Oh, here's a scary thought ...

"Apple Family Pony Paper Standees - fold and assemble yourself girls!"
D:

*gets a lighter and burns it* ಠ_ಠ no, way >_<

Or "Apple Family QR Codes - scan and unlock all your favorite characters in the new My Little Pony Adventure Game app! *smartphone not included"

oh yes... how could I forget... "Your Favorite Apple Pony Standees - with Gameloft Unlock QR Codes Included on the Back!"    "Value Added"
:yikes:   :enraged:

... BUT ... all joking aside... maybe Hasbro will come through... with real Brusable Playful Ponies
 :think:

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2015, 08:20:05 AM »
I think we will get some new brushables. Not most of the ones listed here but we will get some. When I went through the list of brushables I bought this past year I was surprised.

What I am really curious about is the 2016 TRU collectors set. This last year's was a HOT MESS. Possibly the worst g4 thing ever. Did they learn their lesson? Will they go back to releasing actual interesting characters (and, of course, ANOTHER Pinkie)? Inquiring minds want to know...

And why, oh why, can they manage to release boys in everything BUT brushable form????

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2015, 12:50:57 PM »

D:

Or "Apple Family QR Codes - scan and unlock all your favorite characters in the new My Little Pony Adventure Game app! *smartphone not included"

ROFL - there are going to be a lot of QR floating around for this new line lol.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2015, 01:26:30 PM »

D:

ROFL - there are going to be a lot of QR floating around for this new line lol.

Actually.. Hasbro's new line of Transformers have QR (type) codes right on the toys.  You scan them into this app to unlock that character.   So... it's closer to reality than we think.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2015, 02:07:15 PM »
I can't tell if you folks are joking around or if you know that's really a thing that will be happening.

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2015, 02:42:46 PM »

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2015, 03:01:16 PM »
I can't tell if you folks are joking around or if you know that's really a thing that will be happening.
Sometimes I wonder if the G5 asumptions thread is the only thing Hasbro reads on the arena, and they take it totally seriously as an idea list.
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,339554.msg924900.html#msg924900
The age of physical ponies will be over-- Hasbro will now create iPonies that are completely virtual, and you will be able to decorate them with accessories and clothes, paper doll style, and store them on your virtual shelf.

Don't think that'll make it easy to collect every one-- certain ponies will only be available to purchase with real money at certain times, leading collectors to stalk the storefront page hitting Refresh all day!
Maybe we are just that good at predicting.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 03:06:31 PM by Flitter »

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2015, 05:02:06 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if the G5 asumptions thread is the only thing Hasbro reads on the arena, and they take it totally seriously as an idea list.
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,339554.msg924900.html#msg924900
The age of physical ponies will be over-- Hasbro will now create iPonies that are completely virtual, and you will be able to decorate them with accessories and clothes, paper doll style, and store them on your virtual shelf.

Don't think that'll make it easy to collect every one-- certain ponies will only be available to purchase with real money at certain times, leading collectors to stalk the storefront page hitting Refresh all day!
Maybe we are just that good at predicting.
iPony *twitch* I don't mind if there are QRCs for online content as long as I get a physical pony.. Though I would probably give the QRCs to someone if they are only usable for apps for Apple products :(

Either way I would rather something I can hold that is tangible :) Anyone want to make a new line of pony toys?
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2015, 05:16:43 PM »
Why is everyone panicking. As long as there are brushable ponies I don't care if they stick a QR code under the hoof or something. It's not like they are talking about making the ponies themselves out of paper.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2015, 05:36:01 PM »
Why is everyone panicking. As long as there are brushable ponies I don't care if they stick a QR code under the hoof or something. It's not like they are talking about making the ponies themselves out of paper.

I feel the same.  As long as the ponies don't change I don't mind adding an extra online dimension to them.  In fact, I'd probably play with it myself.  And if it encouraged more sales, then that can only be good for the line, right?

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2015, 06:07:31 PM »
 :green: A new boy!?! And fun Apples?! NEW FILLIES!!!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2015, 06:11:49 PM »

I feel the same.  As long as the ponies don't change I don't mind adding an extra online dimension to them.  In fact, I'd probably play with it myself.  And if it encouraged more sales, then that can only be good for the line, right?

QR codes are fine, just so long as they don't completely replace physical ponies.

Which I doubt would happen. Even Hasbro couldnt be that bad, right?
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2015, 06:21:36 PM »
Oh, those QR code things? No way, of course they won't replace physical ponies! This is a new gimmick to get you to BUY more physical ponies. It's part of a game, sort of My Little Pony's answer to Skylanders and Amiibos. By making the new and old ponies with these codes for this mobile game, they can sell LOADS of ponies. Kids will go nuts to get these codes; you ever seen a kid bugging their parent for a Skylander? I have at the store once. The kid was holding a slightly used one and pointing to one that looked almost the exact same, but was holding a different weapon thing. Apparently it had a different power, but the parent couldn't figure out how it was different and so the kid was going nuts trying to get it. These codes are a way to boost pony sales. Heck, adults fall for it too; I'm sure some bronies will get doubles of the mane six and such to have them in the game. And the QR codes will give us what WE want; variety!! They will want to keep this going for a long time, so they'll keep making new characters! And from what I've heard, they're going to be pretty small and unobtrusive. Also, if it still bugs you? It's printed on the same as the cutie marks and eyes. Just wipe it off with acetone!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline MandarinCupcake

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Mandrixa - Etsy Shop
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2015, 06:43:11 PM »
What I am really curious about is the 2016 TRU collectors set. This last year's was a HOT MESS. Possibly the worst g4 thing ever. Did they learn their lesson? Will they go back to releasing actual interesting characters (and, of course, ANOTHER Pinkie)? Inquiring minds want to know...

Could be worse. It could be a set of ALL Pinkies xD All in different styles.

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2015, 08:19:53 PM »
Oh, those QR code things? No way, of course they won't replace physical ponies! This is a new gimmick to get you to BUY more physical ponies. It's part of a game, sort of My Little Pony's answer to Skylanders and Amiibos. By making the new and old ponies with these codes for this mobile game, they can sell LOADS of ponies. Kids will go nuts to get these codes; you ever seen a kid bugging their parent for a Skylander? I have at the store once. The kid was holding a slightly used one and pointing to one that looked almost the exact same, but was holding a different weapon thing. Apparently it had a different power, but the parent couldn't figure out how it was different and so the kid was going nuts trying to get it. These codes are a way to boost pony sales. Heck, adults fall for it too; I'm sure some bronies will get doubles of the mane six and such to have them in the game. And the QR codes will give us what WE want; variety!! They will want to keep this going for a long time, so they'll keep making new characters! And from what I've heard, they're going to be pretty small and unobtrusive. Also, if it still bugs you? It's printed on the same as the cutie marks and eyes. Just wipe it off with acetone!

True, very true! I hadn't thkight about new characters with matching codes! I assumed they'd just churn out 500 more Princess Twilights with codes for different characters lol.

When you put it that way, now I'm kind of excited for them!
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal