collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: De-frizzing a sunshine pony? help!  (Read 419 times)

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
De-frizzing a sunshine pony? help!
« on: January 23, 2015, 11:42:05 AM »
Hi everyone!

I was just given a Sandigger by my good friend DebonaireThundercloud, and I also have a beachball to de-frizz.  I was warned against flat ironing the color change streak as it may melt, but I was wondering if it can still be done (with lots and lots of conditioner and the iron on super low) or if there was another way?  I want to restore these ladies if possible before they go to the re-hair pile.  Thank you in advance :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: De-frizzing a sunshine pony? help!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 11:45:34 AM »
I'm not aware if they even can be de-frizzed, so I'm curious too.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 12:01:32 PM »
Conditioner, hot water and patience... try putting curlers in after rinsing in very hot water. But you will probably lose some of the colour change. All sunshine ponies white stripe is frizzy and handles poorly. Not a reason to bait them imho.  Of course they are yours to do with as you wish :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 12:04:04 PM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 12:27:33 PM »
Conditioner, hot water and patience... try putting curlers in after rinsing in very hot water. But you will probably lose some of the colour change. All sunshine ponies white stripe is frizzy and handles poorly. Not a reason to bait them imho.  Of course they are yours to do with as you wish :)

Thank you!  I will try that :) The beach ball doesn't being to me, but my friend mentioned above.  I told him I'd try to de-frizz in order not to bait, so I'm glad you agree with that! Otherwise they are in great condition, and I think it'd be a shame to bait/rehair if they can be saved.

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 12:34:15 PM »
You can try a flat iron too, low heat and lots of water, using conditioner while ironing would not hurt either. :). I don't think that the color canging hair is any more prone to melting than any other type of pony hair that has reached a same state of frizz that the uv hair does. Just move slowly with a lot of patience and you'll be fine. :)

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 12:43:49 PM »
You can try a flat iron too, low heat and lots of water, using conditioner while ironing would not hurt either. :). I don't think that the color canging hair is any more prone to melting than any other type of pony hair that has reached a same state of frizz that the uv hair does. Just move slowly with a lot of patience and you'll be fine. :)

Thank you! I will try that too, super low heat and lots of conditioner ^_^

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 04:03:12 AM »
Does no one else worry about getting electrocuted using hair straighteners or irons with lots of water and conditioner?  :blush:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 02:38:27 PM »
As others have said its possible but please please be aware that half the time you will achieve some success (but typically loose any colour changing properties that remain) and the other half you will just melt the hair or make it worse. It is incredibly sensitive and if it is very frizzy its already very broken down. So as long as you enter the endeavour aware you could make it worse rather than better, you will be fine :)

Does no one else worry about getting electrocuted using hair straighteners or irons with lots of water and conditioner?  :blush:

Yes but for the sake of ponies its worth it :P Plus I use straighteners on my own hair when its wet...that would be more dangerous than the ponies. They are designed to be used on dampened hair thankfully :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 05:33:24 PM »
Unfortunately I didn't know that the Sunshine ponies hair melts- I melted my Beachball's hair :( I was soo unhappy and I found that pony in the wild and I really liked it.

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal