collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to sell an expensive pony item on Ebay?  (Read 871 times)

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
How to sell an expensive pony item on Ebay?
« on: January 22, 2015, 06:24:02 PM »
Well, I'm going to sell a Sweet Scoops charm pretty soon on Ebay, and I think it will go higher than anything I'm used to selling. I plan to have the package insured (I hope this doesn't cost too much), and, of course, tracked; is there anything else I should know? Like, should I make it so the person has to sign that they received the package? I just want to cover all my bases in case it gets lost or something.

Offline flying_narwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
Re: How to sell an expensive pony item on Ebay?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 06:38:01 PM »
Selling expensive items is both exciting and scary! For items that sell for $250 (USD) or more on eBay you have to get signature confirmation for the package. For more expensive items I also always go to the counter at the PO and ask them to scan it in front of me and print out a receipt so that I can have a record/proof it was physically dropped off (as opposed to just dropping less valuable packages at the drop box in the lobby). I generally scan the receipt and send it to the buyer along with a short thank you through ebay as a courtesy as well, just to reassure them that I have taken extra care with their item.

Another thing I would do is take pictures of the item and packaging once you are ready to ship it. Pictures while being packaged, all taped up, and photos of the actual label or written address, etc. This can help in the event of a lost package.

If you've sold on ebay before I'm sure you already know this, but only ship the item to their confirmed paypal address. DO NOT ship to any address requested after checkout or in the "notes to seller" section. This completely strips you of what little protection you have as a seller and basically guarantees a free item for the buyer.

Hope this helps and good luck with your sale!  :)

PNW0611

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 06:46:26 PM »
How much do you think it will sell for? If I sell anything on ebay for over $100 I require a signature on delivery. Be sure to take many photos from every angle too, and describe everything well but avoid using words a buyer could turn against you. Like don't say "perfect" because they'll find a flaw and say "item not as described" and get their money back. There are so many scammer buyers on ebay these days, you need to cover your butt any way you can. Not like it used to be, sad but true. Oh, and be sure to charge enough postage so that you can cover the cost of insurance and delivery signature.
 :rainbow:

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 05:02:03 AM »
I agree with the advice you already have here - that's a very rare and expensive item- there are collectors who will pay a lot for it , so get tracking, insurance and delivery confirmation/signature , as well as keeping the proof of postage etc and yes its also a good idea to take plenty of pics!  before you list the item (for the listing , from all angles and up close), while you pack the item, of the item all packed up (make sure its extra securely packed!)...  and do describe any flaw even if its really really tiny. Describe everything in detail ;)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 08:41:10 AM »
Okay. Wonderful advice, guys, thank you! :) I will definitely follow it. That helps a lot! :hug:

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 09:41:05 AM »
If you ship it with insurance (within the US) it will require a signature for delivery, so you won't need to pay for that extra service. Best of luck with your sale. :bigups:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal