collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Removing Face Paint ???????  (Read 499 times)

Offline Laurabythelake

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+43)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Removing Face Paint ???????
« on: January 21, 2015, 10:12:59 AM »
Hi All!

I've just started work on my first custom Ever After High doll.  Previously I've done Blythe.  So far, I've torn the stitching where I had difficulty removing her hair (a warning to others who may be working on a reroot)  I'm hoping to patch it up with some glue.  As its my first, I'm ready for some patch ups - lol.

I have a question to those of you who are working on custom face ups.  How do you remove the paint?    So far, nail polisher remover didn't do the job.  I've had her soaking in Varsol, but even when I've used a brush, her face paint only fades - doesn't come off.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Laurabythelake
Back on the pony trail!!!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Removing Face Paint ???????
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 10:18:14 AM »
I use pure acetone on my dolls-  you can get it at any auto-parts store for cheaps. There is acetone in nail polish remover, but it is not nearly as strong and there are things that they add (like dye) that seem like a bad idea to use on your dolls anyway.

But don't leave the doll soaking- you might need to scrub a bit to get out stubborn stains but it will come off (I don't think Ever After dolls are any different than Monster High right?)

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 10:36:23 AM »
I use pure acetone on my dolls-  you can get it at any auto-parts store for cheaps. There is acetone in nail polish remover, but it is not nearly as strong and there are things that they add (like dye) that seem like a bad idea to use on your dolls anyway.

But don't leave the doll soaking- you might need to scrub a bit to get out stubborn stains but it will come off (I don't think Ever After dolls are any different than Monster High right?)

yup, pure acetone. you can get it at Lowe's or Home Depot too, it's by the paint dept with turps and linseed oil :)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 10:51:23 AM »
I can only repeat what the others have said ^^

I used to use a brand of nail polish remover (strange, but it was actually acetone-free) which did wonders/worked pretty much the same as acetone, but it has since been discontinued, and no other nail polish removers (acetone-free or not) I tried were good for removing paint (I had to try because acetone is actually not widely available here anymore due to said danger factor -_- ). most of them are too diluted to get the paint off, even the ones with more acetone in them just smear and mess up the paint, but don't remove it actually.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Laurabythelake

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+43)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 12:00:07 PM »
Thanks for the advice!    Back to the store........
Back on the pony trail!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal