collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: huh? playset petite question!!! (now a variant question ;) )  (Read 837 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
huh? playset petite question!!! (now a variant question ;) )
« on: January 18, 2015, 09:10:16 PM »
So Floater.....!!?

All the descriptions I have read up on her are of a green pegasus petite, with a orange soda bottle symbol. All the pics I can find however are not very clear - I can't see what the darned symbol looks like!

The reason I am flustered is I have just received who I hoped was Floater in a lot (wheeee!). I wasn't sure as the non symbol side was showing, so really it was a 50/50 whether I was getting Floater or the green pony parade petite with the purple crayon.

Initially when I checked out my new little green treasure I was like - oh yeah!! Got Floater! ...but then I saw that it looked like a crayon symbol... only it was orange???

So now I am confused! Has anyone got a good clear pic of this 'orange soda bottle' that supposedly blazons her hip? Or is there a variation on the pony parade petite? (so, an orange crayon instead of a purple one?) I already have the green pony parade one, and this new one I have definitely looks like another crayon, only orange!!?? I considered pigments leaching/fading, but I would have expected it to go blue or something instead?

Help?!  :lol:

**Edit** ok - just snapped a quick shot of the two side by side.... my curious newcomer has a number of differences - her green colour is less crisp, and her eye is smaller and sharper than the pony parade petite too??

Would love some input on this :)  (of course I might be complete idiot and someone will come back at me saying that THAT IS a soda bottle  :lol: :lol:)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 11:14:48 PM by Marlin »

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
Re: huh? playset petite question!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 09:33:03 PM »
Im gonna bump this for you, since I am curious too. :P

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 10:51:27 PM »
I think the one on the left is maybe Floater from the Twinkle Treats Ice Cream Shoppe (I believe there were two versions: one pegasus and the other an earth pony) and the one on the right is the Crayon petite from the Pretty Pony Parade set. I'm trying to find a photo of Floater from the Ice Cream Shoppe, but here's the petite crayon pony: http://www.ponylandpress.com/petites/parade.shtml

Here's a description of the original Floater but no picture: http://www.ponylandpress.com/petites/icecreamshoppe.shtml

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 11:08:56 PM »
Thanks, Northstar for your links  ;)  I know I have the standard release pony parade one - but I am convinced now that this new one is not Floater (I'm certain that's the same crayon symbol as the pony parade petite, only orange on her hip).

I've done some digging, and I think (correct/educate me if I am wrong pony peeps!) I have a variant? I found Ghost of the Doll's site (http://www.ghostofthedoll.co.uk/mylittlepony-petiteponies.htm) and there is a pic of a variation who might just be this wee new girl I've got! There is a pic of her beneath her standard set mates, and the writer of the page notes: "I've included images of the most significant variations out of interest as I don't believe they were ever sold in shops"

Anyone who can confirm, please do! And if yes - then I want to know MOAR!!! How rare is she? And if I may be so greedy, what is she worth?

:flow:

meskhetyw

• Trade Count: (0)

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: huh? playset petite question!!! (now a variant question ;) )
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 11:50:26 PM »
She does too - she's just the same as my little mystery - thanks!

I hope, reading back over them, I'm not sounding like an ass in my above posts.... caught up in the excitement and mystery of an unexpected surprise, I guess! I'm second guessing myself over the pic on Ghost of a Doll's page now... wondering if that variant pictured there is actually yellow and not green...  :wonder:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 12:08:54 AM »
Ponyology has pictures of what appears to be the darker-symboled crayon pony:

The two crayon ponies might be factory variants.  Or is it possible that the red fades to orange??
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 01:03:26 PM »
I think factory variants would be a good theory. There seems to be so little info out there about this sort of thing!

I think I have worked out her eye and body colour at least. It appears the pony parade petites (at least) came with two eye variations - the smaller, sharper eye that can have a little white in it, and the bigger, softer eye - both of which are seen in my pic in my first post.

Turns out the other pony parade petite doubles I got in this lot have the same eyes! (so must all be from the same original childhood set, I'm guessing). And there is the slightest variation in colour in all of them, too (whicb makes me unsure what to do - keep or move on the doubles?  :lol:)  So I think I can confirm that my new girl is simply the smaller eyed version - but this orange crayon is still throwing me!! Is it that all the smaller eyed variations of the green pony have the orange crayon? (the pony in meskhetyw's link has the small eye, too)

:what: :what: :what:

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 08:36:56 PM »
Just a wee hopeful bump? Hoping for some more info :bateyes:

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 05:48:33 AM »
the orange one for house/shoppe and her rearing euro alt version are orange and pop bottles....definitely different than the purple crayon from the parade.
if you want to sell your orange crayon I will pay or trade WELL!!!!! (now I need to add her to my wishlist)

I can take pics later of the three side by side...but here's an old thread that mentions my petite variants with pics (Which shows the orange pop bottle)

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,331128.msg782136.html#msg782136

also, slight variations in color for body/hair /eye size are normal. I've had some of those pass through my hands over the years. just different batches when made

*edit - now I'm wondering if I've let her slip through my hands before lol
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 05:56:29 AM by Roogna »

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 10:52:34 AM »
There is a member here with a very extensive Petite collection. Sorry, I can't remember who. Anyway, I remember reading about the variation in eye crispness. I think this member kept one of each with blurry eyes and crisp eyes. I don't recall reading about different colored symbols, though. Very cool!

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 11:08:46 AM »
Thanks, guys :)

Wow - Roogna - those variations are cool!  And when you say you would pay/trade well... how well are we talking? There's a few petites I would love to get my hands on myself, lol!  :lol: 

In all seriousness I feel a bit unsure now...  :huh:  It seems I have something that's an unusual variant who'd be hard to replace... so part of me wants to cling to her uniqueness, the other likes the idea of an opportunity  :blush:

Oh curses!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2015, 01:25:56 AM »
Is the one with the orange crayon a variant then? I have her in my mini collection of petites (I have maybe 12 petite ponies total) and am thinking about selling them at some point in the future.

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 05:01:33 AM »
Is the one with the orange crayon a variant then? I have her in my mini collection of petites (I have maybe 12 petite ponies total) and am thinking about selling them at some point in the future.

yes the orange should be the variant
I'd love to know how many of her are out there. I don't remember seeing orange crayons before so it's definitely not common
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 05:04:40 AM by Roogna »

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 11:47:19 AM by Marlin »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal