collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wishfull thinking "sigh"  (Read 953 times)

Junipur

• Trade Count: (0)
Wishfull thinking "sigh"
« on: January 17, 2015, 06:43:46 PM »
Am I the only one who has taken a look at Toys R us website, searching for MLP, and wishing all those new pony stuff and ponies where G1s ?

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Wishfull thinking "sigh"
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 06:59:40 PM »
I sure do. I like the G1 ponies so much more than G4.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 07:30:49 PM »
Oh yeah!  :)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 11:16:54 PM »
Yes, I love G1 and G3. I wish one of those was revived and expanded upon instead of G4.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 02:55:15 AM »
Yes! Indeed I do! G1 and G3 are my favourites; it'd also be nice to have a wide variety of poses, colours and themes to choose from again.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 06:13:53 AM »
Yes! Indeed I do! G1 and G3 are my favourites; it'd also be nice to have a wide variety of poses, colours and themes to choose from again.

Agreed! Even G3 instead of G4 would be great. So many characters, poses, and themes. And not the same ponies released over and over and over.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 07:09:31 AM »
Ok so I may be weird....but...I dont wish they were G1s. I like that G1s were the original and we can collect ponies that are now no longer on shelves. A big part of pony history or our childhood :) I also like the generations that came after wards and seeing how a toy brand adapts its style to suit the current style of popular culture. However, I do wish that in stores now G4 had the sheer variety and different options as G1 - now that would be amazing!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Tigerlilyx

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • ♫ Portugal - Walk The Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 07:23:19 AM »
Exact sentiments. Basically my life story.

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 10:54:14 AM »
Ok so I may be weird....but...I dont wish they were G1s. I like that G1s were the original and we can collect ponies that are now no longer on shelves. A big part of pony history or our childhood :) I also like the generations that came after wards and seeing how a toy brand adapts its style to suit the current style of popular culture. However, I do wish that in stores now G4 had the sheer variety and different options as G1 - now that would be amazing!

I'm with Cat on this one. New gens aren't a bad thing but they do lack in the variety. It would be so great to have dozens of new ponies on the shelves every year, not just dozens of variations of the same pony...  -_-

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 10:59:32 AM »
No your not the only one, I wish that'd we get some retro style toys like how TF gets. Wouldn't some new retro MLP Tales pony toys be fabulous to go with the release of the box set? Or at least new ponies in a different but similar style to the older gens. Or even some of the G4 in a G3 style.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 11:13:49 AM »
You're definitely not the only one! G4 is cute and all, but it's just not as awesome as G1. And I so agree with the person who said they wish there was more variation in G4. I mean, how many Fluttershys does one person actually need? (No wait, don't answer that....)
It does make G1 more fun to collect because they aren't so readily available, though.

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 07:20:40 AM »
Yeppers.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 08:24:38 AM »

Pretty much this. 

Maybe I'm biased because I didn't start collecting until G4, but I wish that they would stop releasing the same ponies over and over again with this gen.  Maybe then a lot of people would change their tune about how "terrible" G4 is?  There are a variety of ponies that show up in FiM so I don't get why Hasbro thinks everyone just wants the mane 6 and princesses all the time.  Even if I was a little girl, I think I'd be over the whole MLP thing at this point considering how boring the toys are.  That doesn't mean I wish G4 was something else, it just means that I wish G4 was more varied like the older generations.

It does make G1 more fun to collect because they aren't so readily available, though.

This too.  I started collecting G1 a few months ago, and there's nothing quite like the search for a pony that's still in good enough condition to be displayed, considering how old they are.  I like that they aren't so easy to get your hands on... that makes it fun!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:26:16 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 09:40:02 AM »

Hmm yeah, I agree with this too. I love my original G1 ponies- and they are still easy enough to collect from ebay.  I recall when they made the Anniversary ponies, honestly I thought they were a big fail, since they were LIKE the originals- but oddly enough, more expensive than getting those SAME ponies from ebay, and also more poorly made.  (Of course NOW they are even more expensive still)

Anyway, I like the different generations. I do wonder how long the current one will last and what will come next (I hope it is on the cuter side like G3 which I have always thought was a fabulous generation)

Offline Dreamer

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 11:21:34 AM »
Although I prefer G1 to G4, I understand why they have changed. But it would be nice to have a wider variety of G4s (seriously what's running through Hasbroken's head?) and even nicer to have ponies in retro molds for collectors.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal