collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Identify this Cotton Candy pony?? UPDATED  (Read 7701 times)

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Identify this Cotton Candy pony?? UPDATED
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2015, 03:51:06 PM »
I have had several brownish cotton candy ponies theoughout time, but none this color.. always before i could tell it was from age etc.. any guru I can send to for an exam? Lol.. as long as i get her/him back !

I agree that the color does not look like typical aging, I live in Ohio, wonder if we are close... if so I could look at her that way she doesn't leave your hands, lol ;)  Or if you want to come to the Ohio meet that we have in summer there will be several experienced collectors to take a look at it for you.

There is an Ohio meet?!?!
And I live in the middle lol, Ashland

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2015, 04:12:09 PM »
I know some of the white ponies suffer from sunburn when over exposed to UV light. I seem to remember a photo of a very brown Gingerbread somebody was sunfading and forgot about.

But on the other hand, I don't think sun damage would penetrate to the inside of the pony. Maybe she suffered heat damage but that would probably have warped her somehow.

Oh! I just had a thought! Perhaps she was played with as a pool toy? That could account for the thorough bleaching of the hair and its brittle texture, as well as the color change in the plastic. Chlorine is strong stuff. Or maybe she was subject to a full on bleach bath?

There are certainly many possibilities!

Offline Applejackgirl

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2015, 05:01:45 PM »
I have had several brownish cotton candy ponies theoughout time, but none this color.. always before i could tell it was from age etc.. any guru I can send to for an exam? Lol.. as long as i get her/him back !

I agree that the color does not look like typical aging, I live in Ohio, wonder if we are close... if so I could look at her that way she doesn't leave your hands, lol ;)  Or if you want to come to the Ohio meet that we have in summer there will be several experienced collectors to take a look at it for you.

There is an Ohio meet?!?!
And I live in the middle lol, Ashland

We are about 2 hours apart... the Ohio pony meet has been going since 2005 or 2006, something like that... Last year was skipped but is planned for this year ;)  It's near Cincinnati...

Offline HollowZero

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Nightmint av by Shenanigans!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2015, 05:12:42 PM »
The picture of her feet, the N in "pending", that's not a paint fleck or anything I assume?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hello! Please visit my art gallery! Commissions are: open for now

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2015, 06:16:52 PM »
I know some of the white ponies suffer from sunburn when over exposed to UV light. I seem to remember a photo of a very brown Gingerbread somebody was sunfading and forgot about.

But on the other hand, I don't think sun damage would penetrate to the inside of the pony. Maybe she suffered heat damage but that would probably have warped her somehow.

Oh! I just had a thought! Perhaps she was played with as a pool toy? That could account for the thorough bleaching of the hair and its brittle texture, as well as the color change in the plastic. Chlorine is strong stuff. Or maybe she was subject to a full on bleach bath?

There are certainly many possibilities!
I was wondering all that too, but that tail plug is throwing me off...didn't someone in this thread say they found one like that in a fakie? Which type of fakie was it?

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2015, 07:02:36 PM »
Upon close inspection I see that the tail and mane color and quality are different so at some point the tail could have been replaced inside the pony.
Its one of the things that has been itching at me.. Both tail and mane should be in similar condition and similar color.
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2015, 07:55:53 PM »
Someone please let me know when the Ohio meets comes!!
Not sure on the N, i will look tomorrow  :)
Yes, the hair is more staw like in the mane, and tail is not.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal