collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Home beauty treatments  (Read 780 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Home beauty treatments
« on: January 14, 2015, 10:38:05 AM »
I've been off work this week on antibiotics for an ear infection.  My body is really weird right now, I have no energy!  I just went and spent a fortune on pro-biotics and I have a breakout on my chin, but instead of using an expensive cosmetic mask I am about to put yogurt on my face. I leave it for ten minutes. I find yogurt is great for clearing up my skin but it's best to do it before a shower because any residue ends up smelling like cheese  >_<

Does anyone else have any great home treatments? :Minty:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Home beauty treatments
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 11:19:07 AM »
My sister would do honey, sugar and olive oil for the lips..its supposed to soften them up.

Lemo and boiling water helps with clearing up a stuffy nose and relieving a sore throat (he less sugar and more lemon, the better)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 01:20:50 PM »
I use an olive oil honey and sugar scrub on my face. It's a pretty intense exfoliator so I only do it maybe once a week. But it works wonders.

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 01:24:46 PM »
I find that even a nice, warm, wet facewasher (/facecloth?) in the morning works wonders for your spirit and your skin. :)
:fox:

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 03:16:28 PM »
None that I can think of that actually work........

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 03:30:05 PM »

Same here.  My skin is a beast.  A TOUCHY beast.  :( 

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 03:36:24 PM »
I bath my feet in green tea at least once a week.

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 03:50:25 PM »

Same. D: I have pretty bad cystic acne (I stubbornly refuse to go on Accutane) and I've found that a paste of baking soda and water takes some of the inflammation out of the really bad cysts. They tend to look far less angry than they did before the baking soda.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 04:01:06 PM »

Same. D: I have pretty bad cystic acne (I stubbornly refuse to go on Accutane) and I've found that a paste of baking soda and water takes some of the inflammation out of the really bad cysts. They tend to look far less angry than they did before the baking soda.

I get a few acne cysts at once every few months though I'd never call it severe.  I will have to remember this!  I'd go on Accutane in a heartbeat if my doctor would prescribe it.  I'm 32 and I'm tired of looking 12! 

Offline cuddlebuggy

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 04:14:56 PM »
I use honey as face wash. It's antibacterial and naturally moisturizing. Rub on, warm wet washcloth, cool rinse.
I also have used beer to rinse my hair after washing and conditioning, cider vinegar does the same thing, rinses it really clean.

Thanks to Whippetluv for my sig representing my two girls!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 05:13:17 PM »
I've thought about it, but never had the determination or bother to actually try any :P I just use a regular soap and try to ignore it.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 08:13:21 PM »
I grind pink himilayan sea salt finely into my cherry blossom hand soap!!! It softens up my skin a little! I got the idea from the Hilton Anatole hotel we stayed at for Akon, they had a complementy pink himilayan hand scrub in every bathroom!!!!

I do mud masks! Not with real mud, its imported from england....but still! :D

But the BEST home beauty treatment is when I come home on my day off from working overnights and take a piping hot shower..... then make my husband rub my feet for an hour while I pass out on the couch. It doesnt get any better than that! Some times he will break out the Mary Kay mint lotion I have to help with foot pains from work. Its soooo lovely and I must have the softest feet in the universe! x'D

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 01:38:41 AM »
These are all amazing! I can't wait to try them!

I'm just brewing up some green tea for my feet and going to try the sugar honey and olive oil scrub on my hands  :biggrin:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Eily311

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2015, 02:13:37 AM »
If I ever have a blemish I put a tiny bit of tooth paste on it and go ton bed with it and that prevents the blemish from growing. Ifor you try this do not put a glob of tooth paste on your blemish it will irritate and dry your skin out.

I use coconut oil on my hair and skin. It's the best thing ever. Since I work in a salon I fell into the trap of dying my hair constantly so my hair paid the price. Once I started using the coconut oil it brought my hair back to life. It doesnt look as damaged anymore .

Instagram: Eily311MLP
Eily311 (personal page)

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 03:08:21 AM »
If I ever have a blemish I put a tiny bit of tooth paste on it and go ton bed with it and that prevents the blemish from growing. Ifor you try this do not put a glob of tooth paste on your blemish it will irritate and dry your skin out.

I use coconut oil on my hair and skin. It's the best thing ever. Since I work in a salon I fell into the trap of dying my hair constantly so my hair paid the price. Once I started using the coconut oil it brought my hair back to life. It doesnt look as damaged anymore .

Ooh thank you! Argan oil products are so expensive, I will try coconut! I have light hair though, but still worth a try.

I tried the sugar, honey and olive oil scrub yesterday, all over  :blush: it worked beautifully! I had to dump a load of dish detergent down the sink though to get rid of the olive oil. Will let you know whether it blocked my drain  :lol:

I use toothpaste on spots, but I think it's too disgusting to describe in detail what I do so I shall leave it to your imaginatinon... I only leave it on for 5 minutes... it means no squeezing therefore no bleeding and no scarring  >_<

By the way ponies I found out something yesterday, this isn't a home remedy but it works for acne without drugs, just thought I should mention it in case it works out well for someone... http://www.lumie.com/products/clear
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 03:11:16 AM by Artemesia Floc »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal