collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Non-Pony Brag: STARDUST  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Pony Brag: STARDUST
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 05:05:51 PM »
I didn't know those existed...not Breyer's but the unicorns.  It's really pretty, congrats. :)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 06:22:59 PM »
Congrats , I love this model and would love to see it in person some day.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 06:58:20 PM »
I didn't know those existed...not Breyer's but the unicorns.  It's really pretty, congrats. :)

I never thought that there were multiple unicorns until, maybe 1997ish, when I saw one at a antique mall.  Same mold as mine, but shiny jet black with gold accents.  I thought it was a poor attempt at a repaint (and overpriced at that - he wasnted retail prices for heavens sake!)  Then...I learned it was real only a couple years ago: http://www.identifyyourbreyer.com/images/700595.jpg

LoL, how naive I was!

Congrats , I love this model and would love to see it in person some day.

I hope you do!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 07:35:20 PM »
I'm not much for breyers, but I do adore unicorns, and he is a gorgeous unicorn! I can't stop staring at that pic, he is stunning! Congrats on getting him!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Ionn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Horse Shaped Object Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 08:12:29 PM »
Wonderful new uni, LS, isn't he a neat one? He was one of the first Breyer did that did something unique & 'out of the box' for the paint jobs; personally I always wondered why they gave him that one hind sock! (I've also heard there's a variation lacking the large star on his hip)

As for the black uni you mentioned, did you know they also made a matching foal & classic scale version too? They've never quite replicated that combination of gloss & jewel-like black on any other models & if the big guy weren't so tippy he'd be on my mantel!

(Sorry if that was a bit wordy, I am an obsessive collector of Breyer's unicorns.)

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 09:25:06 PM »
Nice find! I had a Stardust of my own when I was younger, although I'm not sure what happened to him. Might have to go on a hunt through the basement tomorrow...
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 04:13:27 PM »
I was wondering where you find the Breyer unicorns?  I checked places like Walmart, Target and Toys R Us but most just have standard Breyers.  I checked amazon and any Breyer unicorn is over $100.  I don't know how much they are supposed to cost though.

Thanks in advance.

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 04:36:15 PM »
I was wondering where you find the Breyer unicorns?  I checked places like Walmart, Target and Toys R Us but most just have standard Breyers.  I checked amazon and any Breyer unicorn is over $100.  I don't know how much they are supposed to cost though.

Thanks in advance.

All of the unicorns, with the exception of Stardust and one or two released in the 80's, were TRU special limited runs from the 90's, which is why they're pricey. My mom and I were both collecting Breyers at the time so we were lucky enough to get them, as most of the runs were limited to 4,000 models! :O

Breyer also had unicorn foals, which were modified sculpts of the lying down foal: http://www.identifyyourbreyer.com/identify/LyingDF.htm. There was also a rearing unicorn the used the smaller scale Classic line's Lipizzan Stallion:http://www.identifyyourbreyer.com/identify/Classic/Lipizzan.htm. That mold also was used as the base for a pegasus model.

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 06:59:08 PM »
Wow he's beautiful!  He looks much better outside the box where you can see his glorious starry rump.  I've always loved space themed 'stuff'.

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2015, 05:11:59 AM »
Gorgeous :faint: I've never been into Breyers, but I would so love to own this one! Can I ask where you got it and how much I should expect to pay for it? :satisfied:
My Wish List

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2015, 08:19:32 AM »

Thanks in advance.

All of the unicorns, with the exception of Stardust and one or two released in the 80's, were TRU special limited runs from the 90's, which is why they're pricey. My mom and I were both collecting Breyers at the time so we were lucky enough to get them, as most of the runs were limited to 4,000 models! :O

Breyer also had unicorn foals, which were modified sculpts of the lying down foal: http://www.identifyyourbreyer.com/identify/LyingDF.htm. There was also a rearing unicorn the used the smaller scale Classic line's Lipizzan Stallion:http://www.identifyyourbreyer.com/identify/Classic/Lipizzan.htm. That mold also was used as the base for a pegasus model.

That makes sense why they're so pricey.  Thanks for giving me that information, it was helpful. :)

flyawayraven

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2015, 08:42:38 AM »

Thanks in advance.

That makes sense why they're so pricey.  Thanks for giving me that information, it was helpful. :)

No problem! :) This is making me regret rough-housing with my models as a kid. I didn't realize they would become so valuable! :O

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2015, 02:12:56 PM »

Thanks in advance.

No problem! :) This is making me regret rough-housing with my models as a kid. I didn't realize they would become so valuable! :O

You never do as a kid.  One might have a Rapunzel and decide to give her a hair cut and find out years from now how much she could be worth.  When you're a kid they're just toys not collectibles that may be worth something some day.  :enthralled:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 02:15:31 PM by Majesty »

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2015, 04:36:32 PM »
Gorgeous :faint: I've never been into Breyers, but I would so love to own this one! Can I ask where you got it and how much I should expect to pay for it? :satisfied:

I got him off of ShopGoodwill.com and paid under $20 for him ($17 I think?).  Shipping on there is a -killer-, but I had another order, so combined shipping wasn't too bad.

The original retail sticker is on the bottom.  He was $37-something back in '02, which seems accurate (when I used to buy Traditional Breyers new they were always in the $35-$40 range).

I wouldn't pay more than retail ($40), even if he hasn't been produced in over ten years.

I did a quick eBay search, and it looks like someone got Stardust for $10 + $10 shipping!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2015, 09:03:05 PM »

I got him off of ShopGoodwill.com and paid under $20 for him ($17 I think?).  Shipping on there is a -killer-, but I had another order, so combined shipping wasn't too bad.

The original retail sticker is on the bottom.  He was $37-something back in '02, which seems accurate (when I used to buy Traditional Breyers new they were always in the $35-$40 range).

I wouldn't pay more than retail ($40), even if he hasn't been produced in over ten years.

I did a quick eBay search, and it looks like someone got Stardust for $10 + $10 shipping!

Oooh that's not too bad! I might pick him up one day :D
My Wish List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal