collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC: G1 / 1980s Comics  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
PC: G1 / 1980s Comics
« on: January 13, 2015, 02:34:17 AM »
I received a bundle of G1 comics in a lot I bought but have no idea what they are worth, can anyone help?

They're issues from approx 90 to 115 and are quite battered.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks in advance.

Love, Sarah x

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
Re: PC: G1 / 1980s Comics
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 02:42:44 AM »
I usually list on eBay at £2 each and go from there.  The higher the issue, the more they tend to be worth.  I think I see the 1990 Summer Special in that pile which I just sold for over a tenner last night.  The MLP & Friends issue with the Smooze on the cover tends to be a popular one as well. :)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 02:47:41 AM »
Nice one, thanks :D I was considering listing at a fixed price but it might be best to let people bid - thoughts? :) xx

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 03:01:58 AM »
I've sold a lot of comics and had far more luck with auctions in the past.  It seems to be bidding wars that get the high prices.  (And, as the prices tend to be unpredictable depending on who's looking at the time, I think it's the best way to get the fairest price)  But that's just my opinion, of course!

You'll definitely get more for them individually than as a lot - I bought a lot of 180+ comics for £106.00 including P&P a couple of months back.  Just sold 46 of those comics individually for a total of £276.00 last night!  (Not a bad return, considering the issues I kept also completed my collection!)  But I do understand the lack of free listings on eBay and wanting to use up fewer 'slots'.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 03:22:16 AM »
Thanks for your input Lancer!!

I actually have an eBay shop so each auction only costs me 4p so free listings aren't really an issue :)

I'll get them on as soon as I can :D

Thanks again

xx

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 05:33:29 AM »
I've sold a lot of comics and had far more luck with auctions in the past.  It seems to be bidding wars that get the high prices.  (And, as the prices tend to be unpredictable depending on who's looking at the time, I think it's the best way to get the fairest price)  But that's just my opinion, of course!

You'll definitely get more for them individually than as a lot - I bought a lot of 180+ comics for £106.00 including P&P a couple of months back.  Just sold 46 of those comics individually for a total of £276.00 last night!  (Not a bad return, considering the issues I kept also completed my collection!)  But I do understand the lack of free listings on eBay and wanting to use up fewer 'slots'.

I thought that was you! Was so sad when I didn't get to win 222, that would have completed my 1-223 collection T.T

If I ever found out who made me pay so much for the others and stole my 222... We are gonna have a battle! X D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 02:12:13 PM »
I would go with everything Lancer says :) She is the expert on selling the comics on ebay at the moment. And I agree they are worth taking the time to list them individually as people will pay for missing numbers.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal