collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Gusty's Voice  (Read 828 times)

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Gusty's Voice
« on: January 12, 2015, 02:58:38 PM »
I'm feeling a little under the weather today so I called off work and spent the day watching G1 MLP cartoon epodes and the MLP movie.  I love Gusty's voice!  I did a little research and discovered that the actress who voiced Gusty is also the voice of Bart Simpson.  I can totally hear the resemblance!  This might have been discussed before but it is news to me so I felt like sharing.   :)

On a different note I had forgotten how mean the ponies could be to each other.  In the MLP movie when Shady thinks she is responsible for the smooze, Gusty keeps insisting that she is even when the others say it's not her fault.  I felt so bad for Shady!  The 80's knew how to keep it real though.  Now on Nickelodeon you can be sure that would have been a whole episode centered around Gusty's mean behavior and how that hurt Shady's feelings.  I do understand that is important behavior for children to learn but I appreciated that Gusty stated her feelings and the show moved on.

It was a nostalgic trip down memory lane today.  I need to watch MLP more often!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Gusty's Voice
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 03:17:12 PM »
yeah gusty was a brat and the ponies could be pretty mean to each other
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 04:03:43 PM »
I never researched it, but I always thought that Gusty sounded like Bart... good to know my hunch was right!

I also thought it was a pretty cool tidbit that Danny Diveto (or however you spell his name) was the Grundle King :p

I always thought Shady was a crybaby XD
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

LadyKaguya

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 06:45:36 PM »
To be fair, Gusty was smoozed when she said that to Shady, and any character who got smoozed got mean and crabby. That said, even when she wasn't smoozed, Gusty could have an attitude problem. I remember in the "Crunch the Rockdog" episode, Gusty pretty much said that Wind Whistler didn't have feelings, thus hurting Wind Whistler's feelings. (I remember feeling so bad for Wind Whistler!) So I guess it fits that the pony with an attitude has the same voice as Bart Simpson  :silly:

Offline cricket

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 06:57:41 PM »
That's true about smooze making everyone crabby but that's just one example from the MLP movie!  Button's bit Baby Lickety Split's head off when she ruined the babies dance performance (although BLS WAS being a brat) and then Baby Lickety Split threw Spike into the wall of the Nursery when he tried to go with her as she's running away. 

I also watched the Magic Coins and I can't remember the pony or the exact phrase but when all the ponies are on top of Paradise Estate to get away from the fire someone gets called a blockhead (or something similar).  By the end I was cracking up with all the cranky pony scenes!!!

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 08:27:21 PM »
Isn't it cool to find this stuff out? :D Russi Taylor, the voice of Minnie Mouse, is Morning Glory, Cupcake, and Rosedust.
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 09:29:11 PM »
Yeah, ponies had different attitudes. I like that. :)

Like Paradise always knew some legend or historia of an event.

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 09:43:34 PM »
I never researched it, but I always thought that Gusty sounded like Bart... good to know my hunch was right!

I also thought it was a pretty cool tidbit that Danny Diveto (or however you spell his name) was the Grundle King :p

...and his wife, Rhea Perlman, was Reeka!

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 11:41:38 PM »
Isn't it cool to find this stuff out? :D Russi Taylor, the voice of Minnie Mouse, is Morning Glory, Cupcake, and Rosedust.

no waaay!  That's so cool.

I gotta admit, I never liked Gusty's personality in the cartoons.  The actual pony herself looks much more serene and kind, like an introvert, sensitive artistic nature-loving personality.  Oh well!  I think I read a comic or book once where /wind Whistler wasn't smart, and that weirded me out!  I guess you sort of make up in your own mind an idea of each pony's personality.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 02:41:54 AM »
That was the smooze talking.  It premeates the cerebral cortex, making the victim the open to irritability.  As it--spreads, comes mania, and death.

I personally loved Gusty's personality on the show and still do.  She was the bruiser of the group who didn't take things lying down.  Her pony herself is much more demure, but there really wasn't a unicorn pose that said "I'm gonna knock you into next week".
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

galaxystardust

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 03:52:04 AM »
Shady is one of my worst characters from the G1 series   :snicker:

I do like Gusty though. Trying my hardest to get a hold of her pony but she's quite popular it seems.
I love her in The Glass Princess. She's very blunt but also uses her head when necessary.

Also, Megan from My Little Pony and Rainbow Brite are the same voice actor (Bettina Bush)
And Danny from My Little Pony and Brian from Rainbow Brite are the same voice actor (Scott Menville)

I use this site a lot cos I often notice cross overs with voice actors :)
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/tv-shows/My-Little-Pony/
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 03:54:37 AM by galaxystardust »

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 04:12:40 AM »
I grew up hearing the Swedish voices and I always thought Gusty and Wind Whistler were guys.. and then came an episode where a female voice actor did WW and I got soo confused!

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 04:16:23 AM »
I love 'did you knows' like this.  My favorite of the moment is that Dischord is obviously Q from Star Trek TNG.

Danny De Vito is a prince among men.  I loved him so much in 'Always Sunny in Philadelphia'. If you enjoy narcissists and their antics I think  that's good show to watch!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 04:27:54 AM »

...and his wife, Rhea Perlman, was Reeka!

Wow! They're actually married irl? That's beat!
I thought they just played a married couple in Matilda.....
Heh.
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 07:51:06 AM »
I was thinking of Russi Taylor too. When I got the complete series DVD I was watching the End of Flutter Valley and noticed that Morning Glory sounded a little like the 80's Strawberry Shortcake.  Then I saw Russi Taylor listed in the credits. Russi Taylor was the voice of Strawberry Shortcake in the original cartoons.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal