collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: hot topic experience  (Read 2301 times)

Offline Eily311

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
hot topic experience
« on: January 10, 2015, 10:40:48 PM »
The other day I finally managed to get a funko luna at hot topic, but when I opened her up to inspect her she had paint issues on her non display side eye and she had something embedded in her hoove. So today I went to hot topic to exchange her. The store was pretty packed. So the only guy at the register calls another guy to do the exchange for me, so when he gets there he tells him that I'm exchanging the item and one rolled his eyes ando the guy that was doing the exchange kind of shrugged and made a frustrated gesture. So then he asks me what's wrong with my luna and I told him that I'm a collector aND she had some paint issues. He compared the 2 Lunas and looked at me like I was crazy for exchanging her. Has anything like this ever happened to any of you? On a different note while I was exchanging luna my husband got some harry potter jelly beans. I didn't really pay attention to what he got but when we left the store and I realized what they were I cracked them open and we started eating them trying to guess what flavors they were. My husband almost threw up lol it was great! He got them because he thought it would be funny to see my reactions to the bad tasting jelly beans. I have to get some more, it was so much fun!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 10:42:38 PM by Eily311 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram: Eily311MLP
Eily311 (personal page)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: hot topic experience
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 10:50:25 PM »
I would email corporate about them rolling their eyes and acting like you were ridiculous. Even if they did think that, wth, keep that to yourself. How rude. (And they're wrong. If they collected anything they'd get it). And as if that's some hard task, exchanging something for someone for 1 minute. Sounds like that place needs some better employees. :\

I don't have the guts to try those every flavored beans. I imagine they don't have too crazy of flavors in real life but idk, I haven't looked into it. lol

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 11:39:03 PM »
Contact them through  HT Facebook page and message them .
I had a bad experience too with the Luna/Celestia and their new policies, I was contacted by their district manager and that girl who was being rude, was all smiles and chatty cat with me last time I went there :)
So sometimes it takes a good talk to their District Manager to get them in check :)! after all we are the customers, we buy the stuff they sell,we do not deserve to be mistreated by any of their employees.
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline fizzerknight

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Button pose obsessive! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 01:05:45 AM »
Sorry that happened to you!

If they go ahead and do the exchange, I usually don't say anything. Honestly as a collector, I get strange looks and eye rolls all the time. I recall an employee doing the same thing to me. It was at a vintage store that I go to every once in a while and occasionally receive the dreaded eye roll. This one day.. I just kind of got fed up with it and just asked them what their problem was. They were surprised at first, but immediately started apologizing and proceeded to tell me about how they had just had an extremely terrible day.

I'm definitely not saying EVERY retail worker is just having a bad day, (and I also know that if they are, they really should leave their personal problems at home and not bring them to work), but I suppose I just empathize?

I just like to keep in mind that everybody is going through their own personal struggles on a day to day basis. That's just me though! :-)

But if this store does this often, then I would definitely say something! :-)
Any Britney Spears items you don't want? Sell them to me!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 12:29:30 PM »
I am going to pop this over to Trader Support for you :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 01:31:28 PM »
This is not OK for a retail employee to do. I work retail and if we did this we would be repremanded. We are told to treat fellow employees and customers with the same respect we want to be treated with. I would have asked for a manager at the time or definitely seek out district management and let them know what's going on. Even if they are having a bad day, they which I have had they need to try to push through and put on a smile and serve their customer.

Offline Eily311

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 03:58:12 PM »
I understand that they were probably overwhelmed with the amount of people that were in the store, but like most of you said you have to push through the day with a smile. They made me feel like I was inconviencing them. I should have spoken up but I'm not much of confrontational person and I didn't want to make a problem especially since that's my favorite hot topic. I really hope it doesn't happen again because I won't think twice about it next time to say something. Do you think it's too late now to speak up?

Eily311 (personal page)

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 04:11:49 PM »
I understand that they were probably overwhelmed with the amount of people that were in the store, but like most of you said you have to push through the day with a smile. They made me feel like I was inconviencing them. I should have spoken up but I'm not much of confrontational person and I didn't want to make a problem especially since that's my favorite hot topic. I really hope it doesn't happen again because I won't think twice about it next time to say something. Do you think it's too late now to speak up?

It's not. Either in person or contacting the store/chain, it's not too late.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 05:15:04 PM »

I understand, as we are not confrontational people either. We had a couple of bad experiences at a restaurant, so I contacted them about my experience through their website. You could always do that. You should send them pictures of your collection, too, because I bet the higher ups at Hot Topic would be extremely upset that such a valuable customer was treated rudely. I worked in retail, and I at least waited until break time to complain about and make fun of customers. :) Seriously, though, why should you even have to explain to them that you are a collector? If we still had a Hot Topic here, you've just made me not want to spend my money there.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 03:17:14 AM »
While they may have been overwhelmed that day, it is no excuse to display rude behavior, especially if you yourself were not being rude. If your not feeling comfortable with reporting it now, I would definitely report it if it happens to you again. Squashing rude behavior is essential to creating a more productive, positive work environment for everyone involved. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 12:33:35 PM »
I understand that they were probably overwhelmed with the amount of people that were in the store

Nah, it's just straight up rudeness. Stores get busy. It sucks, but it happens, and to be honest a straight exchange is one of the easiest things to do, as it usually requires no/little checkout stuff unless the product is faulty (your old Luna is probably going to be put right back on the shelf, maybe with a slight discount, for someone that doesn't care about the condition of their figures). I'd definitely make a complaint because 1. Hot Topic's largest customer base is collectors so, yannow, this kind of thing should be old hat to them, and 2. Whether or not they think you were being picky, pretty much every refund/exchange policy ever merely says that if you are not happy with your product then you can take it back. You weren't happy, so you exchanged it.  You didn't ask for anything unreasonable.

I'd personally prolly send them an email with either the names of the two employees or a brief description (the store will probably know who they are).
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 05:44:52 PM »
If they treated you rudely and you were unhappy then please do report them! bad day, or busy day or not, they should not be treating their customers like that, and especially if the item is faulty. If you don't feel comfortable going in store to report them to the store manager then sending an email or making a phone call to head office should do the trick :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 07:08:40 PM »
I would also contact them on FB or their supervisors. There's no excuse to act rude like that for sure!

And I've tried those Harry Potter jelly beans before :lol: They're awful! The most memorable ones  to me are vomit and soap :P
My Wish List

Offline Eily311

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 08:30:41 PM »
OK, I'm going to speak uof and I'll let you know what happens, thank you everyone. :)

Eily311 (personal page)

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 09:13:32 AM »
I hate when people give you the "It's just a toy" attitude.
Yes, it's just a toy, but it's a toy that I paid for *slight edit for language*PL ! :p
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 09:25:53 AM by ponylady »
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal