collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is eSnipe Trustworthy?  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
Is eSnipe Trustworthy?
« on: January 01, 2015, 12:56:15 AM »
As the topic title says, i'm wondering if this eSnipe stuff is trustworthy :o I've heard of it just recently and decided to look it up, I kinda get the jist of what's its saying but not fully....
Does it really work? Because if it actually works and is trustworthy then I may have to use it to get a grail pony or 2 XD (I really hate losing-hence that's why I avoid bidding at ALL COSTS) if not then oh well, I just have to keep scouring around here and the TP or am ebay BIN for my grails  :sigh:

Can any of y'all explain how this works? ^^ thank you in advance :3
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Is eSnipe Trustworthy?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 07:31:27 AM »
I personally do not use that one but they are all pretty similar in the way they work.   First you will have to register with whatever one you are using, give them your ebay sign in info. Sometimes you download a small program that will allow you to snipe while you are on eBay, other times you need the item number and enter it on their website. You set the maximum amount you are willing to pay and the length of time before the end of the auction to place your bid. You can have your bid placed as little as 2 seconds before the auction ends. If other people have placed bids, they may not have a chance to up their bid before yours goes through. You may get something fairly cheaply, because others are waiting until the last minute to bid and you may beat them to it.

Hope that helps!  :biggrin:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 10:31:51 AM »
I ran into problems using a sniping service. I don't recall which one it was, it has been years since I used it last. First, it is not a free service, and they require a minimum payment. I only used part of what I paid, so I lost the rest when I stopped using the service. Second, you have to be careful with how much time you put as a lead (how long before the end of the auction to have your bid put in). If you choose a time that is too short, their website may be too laggy to get your bid in time. In addition, I once put in a lead time of ten seconds... and the sniper program bid 30 seconds before the end of the auction! I found it rarely bid with the proper lead time.  >.<  Third problem, I was bidding on a Windstone figure. I put in a snipe top bid of $450, and set it up several days ahead of time. Then I found out that the item description had been added to, and that the item was broken and repaired!  I was unable to cancel my snipe. I ended up having to go into ebay, and change my password to avoid having the snipe placed.  Overall, I found that the snipe wasn't all that helpful.

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 03:58:05 AM »
Yes, eSnipe is very reliable.  I've used it hundreds and hundreds of times.  It's only failed twice, and once was because Ebay was having problems, not Esnipe.  The other time it was Esnipe's fault, but oh well, it's still works properly 99.9% of the time, and that's a lot better than my manual snipe success rate (I forget, or oversleep, or something). 

You get a free trial with Esnipe, so you can try it out.  You can cancel or change bids up to 5 minutes before the end of the auction.  I set my bid time for the same time I do when I snipe manually; it places the bid quickly with very little lag time.

Also, if it's for an important item that you really want, and you want to be sure the bid is placed, you can set the auto Esnipe, and still snipe manually to make sure it goes through.  Ebay recognizes both bids as being from the same bidder, so it won't raise your bid unnecessarily.  Basically, you don't have to worry about bidding against yourself and raising the price.  (Unless you snipe under two different usernames.)

I know there are other sniping services out there, but this is the only one I've used.  I've been very happy with it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 03:59:41 AM by kellyponyfeathers »
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 02:29:12 PM »
I've been using eSnipe since it first came out.  I've only had one bad experience in 14-some years of using it (their servers went down and I missed out on a MO Hollywood that sold for $6 >_<)

I highly recommend eSnipe!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal