collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Regular Funko/ Glitter Funko store prices?  (Read 471 times)

Offline Scraleos

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Regular Funko/ Glitter Funko store prices?
« on: December 31, 2014, 09:16:00 AM »
How much does the store you buy your Funkos from charge you? Over here in the UK, Forbidden Planet charges £14.99, but then if a glitter is out in the store front, it's £24.99. Is this wrong? Does any store do this?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Trade | Wanted | Pony Plushies

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Regular Funko/ Glitter Funko store prices?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 09:49:46 AM »
Huh :blink: Hot Topic sells them for the same price as the regular ones.
My Wish List

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 09:54:44 AM »
How much does the store you buy your Funkos from charge you? Over here in the UK, Forbidden Planet charges £14.99, but then if a glitter is out in the store front, it's £24.99. Is this wrong? Does any store do this?

It's probably because in Europe Funko toys are distributed by Underground Toys, so they probably charge different price for the regular ones and glitters. To be fair £25 isn't that bad, here in Finland stores that sell Funko ponies charge 50-60 euros for glitters.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 10:07:25 AM »
Here in the US, Hot Topic, Barnes & Noble and Walmart (all the places I've found glitters at) sell them at whatever normal prices are for the Funko figures.  So it's no different if they're a glitter chase or not.

Comic book shops and conventions are a totally different story, as they overcharge for glitters.
Instagram / Want List

Offline ButtercreamDream

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 10:12:27 AM »
I've only found them at a few comic shops in Ottawa, but the glitters tend to be in the $60-$80 range.

Offline Scraleos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 10:52:15 AM »
Hmm :( Sometimes I wish I lived in America just to buy all the cheaper things lol!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 11:21:47 AM »
I had no idea FP even got the chase figures, I thought that they were HT-only :/ (so is there a chance to get a chase figure if you pre-order/order from FP?)

FP also used to/do sell bootlegged merchandise, so it doesn't surprise me they do things like this. £25 doesn't sound that bad, though. When I bought my Lyra in Ottawa, Canada, the comic store had a glitter one as well. The glitter was $60 (plus tax), but the regular one was $20.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2014, 11:36:44 AM »
I will forever regret not buying the glitter Doctor Whooves I saw at Barnes and Nobles a while ago.  I didn't realize that they were so rare and valuable at the time...

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2014, 11:37:53 AM »
Hmm :( Sometimes I wish I lived in America just to buy all the cheaper things lol!

I actually wish they did sell the glitters for a bit more here, maybe it would make it slightly more likely I'd ever find one in a store!  As it is, finding a glitter is like winning the lottery. I have had to resort to ebay for all but 1.

Offline Scraleos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2014, 12:16:59 PM »
I had no idea FP even got the chase figures, I thought that they were HT-only :/ (so is there a chance to get a chase figure if you pre-order/order from FP?)

FP also used to/do sell bootlegged merchandise, so it doesn't surprise me they do things like this. £25 doesn't sound that bad, though. When I bought my Lyra in Ottawa, Canada, the comic store had a glitter one as well. The glitter was $60 (plus tax), but the regular one was $20.

If you've preordered one I wouldn't expect them to send you a glitter :( I'd half expect them to take the glitter out of the box and sell it separately :/

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2015, 10:17:50 AM »
Which Forbidden Planet are you using? As I mentioned in another thread - the two different stores operate very differently. I think it also may depend on store managers and what they make a decision on. At the end of the day they can sell the variant for any price they like as long as they have not advertised it cheaper. Its not the way its supposed to be but some retailers will always take advantage.

If they are selling a variant which has its own release - i.e. the black Rainbow Dash or POP Sparkle Celestia then the price is RRP (like this). But if its a hidden variant in a range then I have seen them sold both ways - a small comic book store strips them out and charges more, the Forbidden Planet I go to just includes them on the shelf at normal price (although I have only ever seen glitter FS there) and other FPs may work differently. 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal