collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about transferring head to poseable body?  (Read 794 times)

Offline Gray

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Question about transferring head to poseable body?
« on: December 21, 2014, 02:03:07 PM »
I'm really not sure where to put this but since this is the place to talk about dolls, I figured this might be the best spot? Mods, feel free to move it if it doesn't fit in here :)

I have an Anastasia doll from 1997, I think? I love her, she's a doll that I'm really sentimental about, but I wish she had a poseable body so that I could dress her up and play with her more than I do right now. I'm hoping that it's possible to transfer her head to a body but I have a few questions about this:

1) Will the head remove easily? I know the plugs used vary depending on the year/manufacturer.

2) Are there any online stories that sell Barbie-sized poseable bodies? Or is a thrift store my best bet?

That's about it for now. I don't think a skin tone match will be difficult but since she isn't a standard Barbie doll, it might be harder than I think :P

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Question about transferring head to poseable body?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 03:18:26 PM »
Look into Obitsu bodies. Try Junkyspot.com - they stock many sizes and they come in 2 skin tones. They are very highly articulated and fun to play around with :)
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Gray

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 05:48:47 PM »
Yessssss. I knew there was a site like this, thank you! :D I actually vaguely remember it and was going to edit my post but then realized I had no idea how to describe it :P

Offline Squirrelypaws

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 08:50:07 AM »
From my experience with Barbies, how hard it is to remove the head depends on whether you're trying to save the original body or not. XD I've never had a head get damaged, but the neck plugs often get stretched or broken if you're not careful.

With Barbes, soaking their heads in very hot water or using the blow dryer on their neck for a while makes head-popping a lot easier and tends to mean less chance of damaging the original body. Not sure if your Anastasia's head is the same rubbery material as a Barbie, though, so that might not work with her.

For a body, you could also look into Liv bodies. I've body-swapped a few Barbie heads onto Liv bodies, and they're great! Very posable. Granted, I don't think you can buy JUST the bodies, so you'll probably end up with a disembodied head floating around if you go with a Liv. XD
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:52:47 AM by GryffindorHermione »
**Formerly known as GryffindorHermione**
~*{Squirrely's Stuff For Sale}*~
Ponies ;; Dolls ;; Other Toys

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal