collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Received neutral feedback on eBay :( **UPDATE 02/01/15**  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Received neutral feedback on eBay :( **UPDATE 02/01/15**
« on: December 15, 2014, 06:08:47 AM »
Hi Ponies

I don't really need advice on this, I just wanted a little moan about it as I'm a bit upset and thought there might be sellers here who could relate. Just want to get it off my chest to someone who'll 'get it'.

I'm a pony seller on eBay and recently one of my buyers contacted me to tell me that two of the three ponies they bought from me had water inside them which had caused some rust during transit. Other than the comment "it's not the best idea to bath them just before packing them up to send" their message was perfectly polite and they didn't really ask for anything, they just told me of the issue.

I replied straight away and advised that the ponies were actually washed quite a while before they were even listed, let alone posted out and they were  left to dry in an airing cupboard with their tail holes pointing downwards so that any water would run out, as I always do. I also said I hadn't noticed it when packing them up so I apologised that it had happened but I had no idea how it would have happened given what I did with the ponies. I then ended the message asking what I could do to make it right for them.

I just went onto my feedback and I've received two neutrals commenting on the wet and that I hadn't replied :(

I checked my messages and I can't find my reply either in my eBay messages or on my email so it doesn't look as if it went through but I *KNOW* I wrote it; I even thought to myself at the weekend about not having heard back from my buyer but I've had a couple of people advise me of problems before (minor marks missed off the description) and not wanted me to do anything about it so I didn't think too much of it.

I guess I'm just upset because I had really great feedback as I strive to achieve excellent customer service and maintain a great reputation and now because technology failed me I have two neutrals on my record for the next year. :(

On the one hand I completely understand because the buyer didn't get my reply (they can't have done if I can't find a record of it) but on the other I live by giving people the benefit of the doubt so if it had been me in their position, having bought something from a buyer with really great previous feedback,  I would have sent another message to ask if they’d had time to look into my query yet, at which point it would have come to light that I was more than willing to resolve it to their satisfaction.

I sent them a message explaining the situation including what I put in my original message about apologising and offering to help but also mentioned that I would have appreciated the benefit of the doubt, then wished them well.

Anyways, I just wanted a little moan so thanks for reading 

Love, Sarah x
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 07:23:55 AM by Sarah-Bee »

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Received neutral feedback on eBay :(
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 10:43:24 AM »
I got a neutral once, I know how it feels.  I think buyers will see your enormous collection of good feedback, scrupulously accurate and well presented listings and still have confidence.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 10:49:01 AM »
:hug: thank you hun x

Offline cazz25

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 10:49:31 AM »
I sell on ebay a lot so I totally understand how you feel. Especially when this seems to have been out of your hands.

I've bought quite a few ponies off you in the past and they've always been exactly as described and I've been really happy with them  :)

Offline ajmeier55

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 10:53:03 AM »
Sorry you got neutral feedback, as another buyer who has bought ponies from you I've always found them to be as described and been very happy with my ponies which is why I've been a repeat customer. Maybe you can call ebay and explain how you tried to message them and it didn't go through and have the neutral feedback removed? I know I've had to resend messages on ebay after the first one didn't go through before.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:46:18 AM by ajmeier55 »

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 11:11:33 AM »
Sorry Sarah!  I think we have all been there at some point.  And this is especially frustrating, since you know you sent a reply.  That has happened to me though.  I realized I did not actually send the message or the system did not send it.

Sending you a PM...

Offline Strandperle

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Emerald Isle Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 11:33:32 AM »
:hug: I know how you feel, years ago I got a neutral because the buyer was a reseller and didn't get more than she payed me... (yes, that was the reason :lookround:) I even contacted ebay but they didn't do anything about it. I felt terrible :( but at least it's not a negative, and most people don't care too much about neutrals when they buy :)
Thanks to Lina for my avatar!
~My collection & sales homepage~

Offline IreneL

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 11:40:22 AM »
Sorry to hear that!  :| (that smiley is very suitable! ;) )
Hey, atleast neutral is better than negative! And you probably sell a lot so the percentage of neutrals will be low?

People seem very different when it comes to feedback. I hate giving neutral or negative feedback because I know that any serious seller would try their very best to avoid it and instead solve the issue.
I have only given negative feedback once, on a buyer, who did not pay and not communicate. But I suppose the more expensive and the more described as "mint condition" the more disappointed you would get.

One sale I made quite recently (on a swedish site) was almost hilarious. I did get positive feedback (probably because the lot sold so cheap) it was a pair of unworn brand jeans.
The title said UNISEX (name of the brand, model, size etc).
The feedback said: "you could not tell from the auction that it was a unisex model".  So you could read it in the title right above the comment saying I had not informed about it! :P (hope I will have enough other feedbacks by the time the title disappears).

Do not forget about the great buyers out there! The bad always seems to stick the most! :)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 01:35:53 AM »
Thanks guys and yes, I definitely have so many good buyers who keep coming back to me who I've had really positive experiences with :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 04:16:40 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear this Sarah :(  it wasn't your fault that the message didn't go through first time and you tried to work with your buyer :hug:  . They can still remove that neutral though. Did they respond to your last explanation message? :what:
...and it might still be worth contacting ebay. They will probably tell you that the buyer has to agree to remove the FB but you never know ..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Sarah-Bee

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 05:15:48 AM »
Yes, she responded to my message and apologized but then also said a bunch of stuff like she didn't want to be kept waiting for weeks and the water in the ponies wasn't her fault but I never said it was because it isn't and I didn't keep her waiting either. It wasn't weeks even though she didn't get the message, it was about a week or less between her message and the feedback. She said she didn't want anything and asked to let the matter drop.

I reiterated what I'd already said and then advised I would refund her for the two ponies in question once I had more funds in my Paypal (which I'm about to do as I just had another buyer send payment).

I'll contact eBay once that's gone through so fingers crossed.

Thanks again! :) Sarah x

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 04:34:43 AM »
:hug:  Here's hoping it will end well eventually then. I think your buyer definitely overreacted.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2014, 07:14:35 AM »
Aw dinger! What a pain, Sarah :\ I've never bought from you before, but I can tell you're very no-nonsense and professional about your sales. I'm sorry your buyer didn't give you the chance to make things right before harming your feedback record. I hope it can be removed or adjusted or something :C

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2014, 01:06:17 PM »
I'm sure it won't hurt you in the long run :) When I look at Ebay sellers with a high number of positive feedback and a handful of negative/neutrals, I figure that 1. You can't please everyone (and there is just no pleasing some people), or that 2. the buyer blamed you for something out of your control or 3. well, everyone makes mistakes and buyers leave bad feedback before giving the seller a chance to make it better.

:hug: I've bought from you before and everything was perfect :)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 04:31:56 PM »
Oh, that is sad!

Not to worry - as a pony collector (and eBay seller!) I wouldn't hold that against you.

I do the same thing when I wash my ponies - I sit them on their tails to let the water drain out.  Every so often, there will be one who doesn't dry! 

Don't let that neutral bother you!  eBay may be able to remove it and, worst case scenario, it's gone in 12 months :)

I am still bothered by a negative I received back in early the 2000's (lol!)  I had sold a VHS tape of Anastasia and the comment left was "Had roaches in it!"

I still don't know what that means! XD  Were there bugs inside the package?  Because...that wouldn't be my fault...and also: how?!

See?  Still bugs me :lol: 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal