collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Princess Luna 10 Inch Action Figure (fully articulated)  (Read 14582 times)

SoaringSentinel

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Princess Luna 10 Inch Action Figure (fully articulated)
« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2015, 03:15:45 PM »
My first ever silicone mold is done :) and so far it looks like a success!

Next mold will be poured tomorrow. nearly have the clay bed ready. if all goes according to plan i'll be ready to start casting next weekend

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ionn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Horse Shaped Object Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2015, 11:41:57 AM »
Lookin' good!

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #92 on: February 14, 2015, 12:35:57 PM »
Well sadly things are not going well. with this being my first attempt at casting anything there were bound to be problems.
And there have been. I've made some mistakes I didn't buy enough silicone to account for those mistakes. Air bubbles in the casts out the wazoo, if it could be a problem for an inexperienced caster then it happened to this project :P live and learn I suppose.

I had hopes to have a completed figure by now but both the mistakes in the molds and some personal stuff have prevented that from happening.

This is also exactly why I didn't want to take anyone's money for a figure upfront. delays are bound to happen and so they have. don't worry the list still stands and once I finally get this casting business down I'll be contacting you all in order.

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2015, 01:17:12 PM »
No worries and keep your chin up!  ;)  You've already gone farther down that rabbit hole than many of us would for something that looks supremely awesome. She'll get done when she does.  :hug:
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2015, 06:15:22 PM »
In the meantime here's a quick update on the molds I have so far :)

This one is for the lower legs and torso.

These are the front legs, ball joints and a few others

And these are going to be poured tomorrow

AbbieNurse

« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2015, 08:04:37 PM »
This process is awesome. Loving this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteHeather

« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2015, 01:53:27 AM »
Wow, I hadn't seen this thread until today. This is so awesome! Luna isn't even close to my favorite pony, but I would love to have any pony figure this poseable. I'll definitely consider getting one if I can save up the money. Do you have plans for other characters in the future? I would buy a Rarity one in a heart beat. Definitely watching you on DA now!

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2015, 03:45:16 AM »
Wow, I hadn't seen this thread until today. This is so awesome! Luna isn't even close to my favorite pony, but I would love to have any pony figure this poseable. I'll definitely consider getting one if I can save up the money. Do you have plans for other characters in the future? I would buy a Rarity one in a heart beat. Definitely watching you on DA now!

Once Luna is done i'm going to do the rest of the princesses first. with cadence being first in line, then celestia and then twilight. after that we'll see if people still want my figures and then i'll do the mane six :)

Btw i saw your plushies on DA, Nice work :) I really dig your 80's cheerily
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 03:58:05 AM by SoaringSentinel »

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2015, 07:52:12 AM »
A ball-joint Discord would be fun! So many limbs.
:fox:

WhiteHeather

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2015, 11:46:30 AM »

Once Luna is done i'm going to do the rest of the princesses first. with cadence being first in line, then celestia and then twilight. after that we'll see if people still want my figures and then i'll do the mane six :)

If you are for sure going to do Cadance, I might wait for her (also gives me time to save up money!) since she's my favorite princess. I do hope there is enough demand for them that you end up making the mane six though. I've wanted a really poseable Rarity figure for a long time!

fullmetalwing

« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2015, 11:48:50 AM »
OMG this is so cool I love Luna and this is so cool I would love one be trying to get my bf to print me my little pony stuff on his 3d printer XD

great work your doing a great job

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2015, 12:37:48 PM »

If you are for sure going to do Cadance, I might wait for her (also gives me time to save up money!) since she's my favorite princess. I do hope there is enough demand for them that you end up making the mane six though. I've wanted a really poseable Rarity figure for a long time!

The only thing preventing me from saying i'll be doing cadence 100% for sure is how well Luna turns out. You see Cadence has almost the exact same body as Luna so basically I'd need to change a few parts around (head, tail, sash, feet and thighs) and she'd be cadence in all but color. But yes unless something horrible happens during the making of Luna which prevents me from finishing her I will be doing Cadence since it would take very little effort on my end to turn Luna into Cadence :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2015, 02:04:47 PM »
No worries- I figured you'd run into some difficulty.  Bubbles are the bane of casting- if you don't have a vacuum chamber to suck the bubbles out.  I know there are different strategies for making your own (since the chambers are expensive) - but I think whatever the strategy- you might still need a pump which isn't too cheap. Heres a couple ideas:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Bubble-Free-Resin-Casts-with-Modified-Paint-Tank/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2jKcMpHK_M

Whatever you do, don't give up- once you perfect these (and you will) they are going to be stunning!

WhiteHeather

« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2015, 05:10:24 PM »

The only thing preventing me from saying i'll be doing cadence 100% for sure is how well Luna turns out. You see Cadence has almost the exact same body as Luna so basically I'd need to change a few parts around (head, tail, sash, feet and thighs) and she'd be cadence in all but color. But yes unless something horrible happens during the making of Luna which prevents me from finishing her I will be doing Cadence since it would take very little effort on my end to turn Luna into Cadence :)

Well, I hope everything goes super well for you! This is such an exciting project. I wish Hasbro would produce articulated figures like this so I could afford to get lots of them, but it's great to have such talented people in the fandom who can make things that Hasbro probably never will!

SoaringSentinel

« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2015, 06:33:31 PM »
ok second half of the Luna head mold has been poured and i ran out of silicone. I've still got 18 pieces left to mold and possible have to re-mold the feet (i am not getting clean casts from that mold :( ) so a second batch of silicone has been ordered and should hopefully arrive soon. in the meantime i'm going to try and cast enough pieces to fill the orders i have now. (plus two for myself :P )

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal