collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Pins! Do You Collect?  (Read 812 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Disney Pins! Do You Collect?
« on: December 14, 2014, 11:43:05 AM »
I've been fantasizing about trading pins at Disney World for a few years now.   I just haven't made the plans to actually visit the park. 

Well, now I'm getting serious.  Plans to visit are in the works!

But...I'm going to need some pins so I can be ready to trade, right?  I purchased a bulk lot on eBay from a seller with high ratings.  Now I can't wait to see what kinds of pins I get!

Do you collect pins?  Share your stories and photos! 

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Pins! Do You Collect?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 11:53:58 AM »
I've been collecting Disney pins ever since I first went when I was 4, and pin trading has always been one of my favorite things to do in Disney! Here's a few pictures from my collection:
Stitch is my favorite character if you couldn't tell  :lol:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A little secret that a cast member told me is that at Epcot if you go the stroller rental and ask for Duffy the Bear, someone will bring out Duffy sitting in a stroller with 100s of pins all over the stroller! Its one of my favorite Disney moments because its sounds so crazy, and I didn't believe the guy at first!  :lol:

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 11:59:50 AM »
I've been collecting Disney pins ever since I first went when I was 4, and pin trading has always been one of my favorite things to do in Disney! Here's a few pictures from my collection:
Stitch is my favorite character if you couldn't tell  :lol:

A little secret that a cast member told me is that at Epcot if you go the stroller rental and ask for Duffy the Bear, someone will bring out Duffy sitting in a stroller with 100s of pins all over the stroller! Its one of my favorite Disney moments because its sounds so crazy, and I didn't believe the guy at first!  :lol:

What a great collection!  Put a smile on my face :)

Duffy the Bear, huh?  LoL!  I'll have to remember this...

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 12:44:49 PM »
What an amazing collection okamigirl64!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 12:47:19 PM »
I have a MIB Rescuers pin set....  but I've not made a collection of it...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 12:48:12 PM »
Pin trading is so fun there. :) Especially when you're searching the park for a particular one that you know is pretty cheap and common but agh! finding it! I was standing in line once an saw a cast member pass me by with it on them and I noticed just too late and had to wander the whole area afterward trying to find them. I didn't, but I did finally find that pin again later at one of the restaurants when I asked if they had a pin board and they brought it to me.

I don't have pictures of all of mine, but some of my favorites I got while there are the Disney princesses on carousel horses, they're soo cute!

I also have a whole collection of Fantasia ones. :)
I went one day wearing my Disney's Fantasia centaurette tank top my sister had made for me on a tshirt site and the centaurette pins I bought from Ebay for too much money because it's my fav Disney movie.

When I wore it and took a picture with Jasmine and Aladdin the girl who played Jasmine was like omggg where did you get those pins and wouldn't take her eyes off of them. It was cute, she forgot her character for a minute and was just staring at it in wonder while Aladdin talked to the kids.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 12:52:29 PM »
I used to collect but then DLRP started to promote them less and less, so I only collect Lion King pins now (which seem to sell fast, since DLRP don't stock much Lion King these days). Finding the old pin trading board in the park is pretty hard too :(

Love your collection, okamigirl64! ...Especially the Luigi and Diddy Kong ones, even if they aren't Disney :silly:

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 01:05:24 PM »
What an amazing collection okamigirl64!

Thanks Kaoskat!   :biggrin:

Love your collection, okamigirl64! ...Especially the Luigi and Diddy Kong ones, even if they aren't Disney :silly:

Haha, thanks! I didn't have any other place to put my small collection of video game pins, so they're chilling with Mickey until I find another place to put them.  :lol:

jess77

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 01:59:13 PM »
They didn't have pins when I moved away from Florida.  Now that I am back, I would like to try and collect any Lady & the Tramp ones as that is my favorite cartoon... well, and Frozen, of course.  :cool:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 10:26:14 AM »
I love oyur Pocahontas and soarin' (awesome ride!) pins :)

I didn't collect pins but I did charms^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 11:28:01 AM »
I love those carousel pins!! Especially Rapunzel :heart:

I have about 9 or 10 pins so I don't actively collect. I love my Little Mermaid II pin though :)
My Wish List

Offline unluckyrabbit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Ponies have taken over my life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 11:32:41 AM »
I want to start collecting pins I missed an opportunity to start when this lady at the flea market was selling two boxes of Disney pins for 10 dollars

Offline InkyMilk

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 03:59:47 PM »
I don't, but my older sister does! And since my fiance and I visit Disneyland far more often than she does, she'll usually give me a big pile to take with me and I'll trade for her. It's soooo much fun! She sometimes has specific ones she's looking for, like letters or something to complete a certain set, but usually it's just up to me to find stuff that I think she'll like and surprise her with. If she doesn't like them we can always trade them again, but I have a pretty decent idea of her taste. It's always a blast when you find a gem that someone else traded. My absolute favorite to date was a REALLY nice pin of Yzma from The Emporer's New Groove-I still can't fathom how someone would let her slip away!

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 04:51:45 PM »
I don't, but my older sister does! And since my fiance and I visit Disneyland far more often than she does, she'll usually give me a big pile to take with me and I'll trade for her. It's soooo much fun! She sometimes has specific ones she's looking for, like letters or something to complete a certain set, but usually it's just up to me to find stuff that I think she'll like and surprise her with. If she doesn't like them we can always trade them again, but I have a pretty decent idea of her taste. It's always a blast when you find a gem that someone else traded. My absolute favorite to date was a REALLY nice pin of Yzma from The Emporer's New Groove-I still can't fathom how someone would let her slip away!

:lol:  Probably a little kid who wanted a Mickey

I read on a pin forum that the cast members grab a handful of pins right before their shift.  I wonder how big the pin bin is!

I also read up on scrappers/counterfeits.  I probably ended up buying a lot of scrappers, but we'll see. 
(scrappers are the pins that didn't meet quality standards...the Taobao blind bag ponies of the Disney pins).

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 05:03:32 PM »
I love those carousel pins!! Especially Rapunzel :heart:

I have about 9 or 10 pins so I don't actively collect. I love my Little Mermaid II pin though :)

Sadly you wouldn't like her up close, all the Rapunzels of this set have seriously horrible wonk eye. I actually showed mine to the shop owner where I bought mine and she got me another one but she had wonk eye too. Otherwise it would have been my fav. :(

I wanna go back and trade more now! Too bad MLP doesn't make pins to do this, that'd be soo fun to do at fairs.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal