collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Not sure what's going on- Non-pony Ebay purchase in weird shipping limbo?  (Read 700 times)

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
   Hi all.  I'm hoping someone here will have an idea of what's going on with a non-pony Ebay purchase  :huh:

On Dec 6th I won a 18" doll kitchen table for a good price.  A few days later it was marked shipped with tracking.  Then, I saw that it was 'delivered'.  Of course it wasn't delivered, it was still in Florida, where it was shipped from. And, there is now a second tracking number that shows it 'in transit'.

I contacted the seller yesterday and s/he said that they had printed the wrong label but then printed the right one the same day. 

My biggest concern is that the second tracking number still only shows the package in Florida, and while it technically say 'in transit' the package hasn't progressed all week.  I live in Oklahoma, and this package isn't getting any closer.

Also, I'm not sure how you can mess up a paypal label- it prints the address and everything right there.  And if you printed a new one the same day, why did the only tracking number show up to me (the buyer) at all.   

So I have two tracking numbers, one shows delivered, and my package isn't moving.  Anyone have any idea what is going on?  I've never run in to this before.  Also, can I call the post office and ask about it, since I have the tracking number?

Offline Alipes

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
    • Custom and Diorama Photo Gallery
Re: Not sure what's going on- Non-pony Ebay purchase in weird shipping limbo?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 07:36:08 AM »
As far as the first label goes, there's a couple of things that could have happened -- she may have added the wrong tracking number to your account, or there was some issue with the label where she had to void it out and print a new one instead (you can reprint a label within a certain amount of time, but if you accidentally choose the wrong shipping options or the label is damaged outside that window then you need to void it and create a new label with new tracking number instead.  Not like I have experience from a cat being sick on a shipping label or anything  :lol:)

With the shipping, it could be a few things.  This time of year, USPS is totally overwhelmed so packages always take longer than they usually do.  I suspect she probably used a slower shipping service, and I've noticed that packages from California or Florida always take a bit to reach this area of the US.  Sometimes packages don't get scanned at certain steps either, or when a truck is being unloaded they miss a package until the next round of unloading, etc.  If it actually says "in transit" and not something like "acceptance" or another vague message about the label having been printed, that means it was actually shipped and not just sitting in someone's car or house, so that's something.

I'd say keep an eye on it, but give it a bit longer before getting too worried yet.  Hopefully you'll see some movement soon!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 03:55:21 AM »
I agree with what Alipes said ^^   I wouldn't be worried just yet but yes you can still call the PO/USPS /whatever courier  and try and find more info since you have tracking.   I would do that if I were you incase they can shed some more light on where your parcel actually is. I'm thinking its probably just delayed due to the time of year, and the tracking doesn't always update properly either  :awake: .
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 07:55:00 AM »
I recently had a purchase where nothing at all besides "electronic info received" was showing all week on a package that the seller said went out first thing  Monday. It ended up showing up the following Tuesday with a different tracking number but the date that the seller mailed it. The seller said that she had printed out her first batch of labels the night before on a printer that was running low on ink and the labels printed out very poorly so she voided them and printed them again with a new ink cartridge the next day.
My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal