collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question RE: G1 Scoops  (Read 521 times)

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Question RE: G1 Scoops
« on: December 11, 2014, 10:44:49 PM »
I have seen several different variations of colors in Scoops... but this is the first time I have seen ones that are marked different countries. Can anyone tell me about them?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: Question RE: G1 Scoops
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 01:21:08 AM »
Oh!  The China one is htf!  I'm interested if you're selling.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

robinharper

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 08:12:11 AM »
I like them both  ^.^

Hugs
   Robin

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 08:27:42 AM »
I know the Sweet Shoppe was offered by mail order at one point, that might be the origin of the China version?

Or it might just be that the Sweet Shoppe was sold in stores while Hasbro was switching factories.  Either way, lovely ponies!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline cassstorm

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 09:23:53 AM »
Hmm, anyone have a PC on the hard to find? And there was a difference in accessories slightly right? Anyone have pics? So i can see if I have?

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 02:41:25 PM »
Time for some research, methinks :work:

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Satin_Slipper_Sweet_Shoppe

http://ponyology.com/mlp/satin-slipper-sweet-shoppe

Ended listing for regular(?) HK Scoops with hat and apron here

Another ended listing for regular(?) Scoops with accessories here

Ended listing for MO(?) Scoops with hat and apron here

So it looks like the MO hat and apron has brighter yellow stripes, and two blue stripes next to each other. Whereas the regular version has a pattern of pink-blue-pink-pale yellow stripes.

For the hoof stamps, IIRC the earlier years of G1 were all made HK, then there was a transition period where you had ponies made with both HK and China versions, and then in later years it was all China. Dream Valley states that the SSSS was first released in Year 5 and then reissued in Year 6, so I would assume that the China version is more likely to be from the later MO reissue?

It also kind of looks like your China version and the ended listing for the MO version have whiter bodies and brighter pink symbols than the regular versions. This thread concerning HK/China stamps on Year 6 wingers shows that China wingers were made with brighter plastic colours, so it's possible that China Scoops is made the same way. :)

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 03:39:41 AM »
Yes, there are alternate accessories:  the apron and hat with multicolored pastel stripes.  I've read that they were thought to come with the MO Sweet Shoppe, and that it also included China Scoops, but I'm not so sure.  China Scoops has no forelock.  I bought the complete set with alternate accessories, but the Scoops was HK.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 07:51:01 AM »
She was store bought in both HK and China versions. But there were 2 versions of her accessories store bought. And then MO she had a further accessory variation. I think that's what causes the confusion (I know its what caused mine for a long time). The China version does not point to her being MO unfortunately; the set was released over a couple of years and several countries right at the time of the production cross over.

There really is quite a distinct difference in them! Nice finds cass!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 09:50:00 PM »
Hmm, I wonder what the MO accessory variation looks like, then.  Anyone have it?

I also have the Mexican version of the apron and hat.  It's just got purple stripes, fairly dark, and the material is different.

Offline cassstorm

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 09:55:34 PM »
this is the one I have (with that Scoops)

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 01:15:56 AM »
This post came at the perfect time for me :P I was planning on making a similar post myself soon, as I recently came across two widely different Scoops, even from the one in my PC. Going to take some pics and cross ref with the information already posted and see what I've got. Saving this thread ^^
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 02:30:07 PM »
Hmm, I wonder what the MO accessory variation looks like, then.  Anyone have it?

I also have the Mexican version of the apron and hat.  It's just got purple stripes, fairly dark, and the material is different.

There is the one with purple/pink/purple/white stripes (3 coloured stripes close together), one with rainbow stripes (I ll need to check the colour combination as I cant remember it off the top my head but it includes yellow and I think pink, green and blue stripes) and one with green/purple/blue stripes :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal