collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Pick your favourite!

Entry 1
1 (2.3%)
Entry 2
1 (2.3%)
Entry 3
3 (7%)
Entry 4
24 (55.8%)
Entry 5
1 (2.3%)
Entry 6
1 (2.3%)
Entry 7
1 (2.3%)
Entry 8
7 (16.3%)
Entry 9
1 (2.3%)
Entry 10
0 (0%)
Entry 11
1 (2.3%)
Entry 12
2 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: December 20, 2014, 04:49:25 PM

Author Topic: Winter Ponyland ~ Photo Challenge 3 ~ VOTE NOW  (Read 2196 times)

WinterContest

• Trade Count: (0)
Winter Ponyland ~ Photo Challenge 3 ~ VOTE NOW
« on: December 08, 2014, 03:51:44 PM »
CHALLENGE 3

Theme: Snowpony or no pony?

ENTRY 1:

Snow Sculptures!

The three finalists make up new sculptures to win prizes. Night Glider couldn't wait to try her new chainsaw on the snow. The unicorn twins, tired of playing in the snow, used their magic to change theirs to sand. Pineapple Paradise hopes her snow owl would win as she made her finishing touches.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ENTRY 2:

Suddenly, she realized why none of the other earth ponies had entered the ice-carving contest with her

ENTRY 3:

All of Ponyville was excited for the Snow Carving Fair.  There was so much to do while they waited for the actual snow carving contest to begin!  Two teams of ponies had made snow fortresses and were preparing for an epic snowball fight, while several others were decorating the Ponyville tree, waiting in line for rides or warming up in the very ironic Surf Shack.  In fact, it's here at the Surf Shack that you'll find Minty and her twin, Opposite Facing Minty, looking for a hot snack...perhaps there's a pineapple hiding in there somewhere. 

But wait!  "NIGHT TIME" has fallen as Nightmare moon makes her appearance on the hilltop.  All play stops as they wait to see what will follow her arrival. 

ENTRY 4:

Snow Sisters.

Mochanut is finally old enough to participate, so big sister Marshmellow Coco has taken her to Dream Valley's famous Snow Carving Fair. Under the moonlight and twinkling holiday lights they're making their very best snowpony.

ENTRY 5:

The Pineapple Snowman ... Night Glider's very own little cafe, an oasis in the Snow Carving Fair. A favorite place for ponies to pop in to warm up with a cup of hot chocolate and some fresh baked goodies. The cupcakes are always a big favorite.

The triplets ... Baby Palm Tree, Baby Pineapple and Baby Beach Ball ... all enjoying some refreshments and a break from the bitter cold. Not used to such chilly weather the sisters are very much enjoying the warmth of the cafe and the fun decorations inside it. Although they do all wonder if Night Glider should allow her Husky inside.

ENTRY 6:

Baby cousins Beachball and Pineapple have never been to the winter fair before! They are having so much fun on the way, they stopped and built a snow animal before crossing the last bridge to the Fair!

ENTRY 7:

Twilight, Shinning Armor, and Cadance had planned a day of winter fun, but royal duties got in the way! The three decide just because it's night time doesn't mean the day is lost. They bundle up and make a Snowpony in the light of the moon.

ENTRY 8:

Baby Stockings was unable to attend the Winter festivities this year on account of a nasty cold. Her parents felt badly for her and decided to put on their own private snow carving contest. Baby Stockings had such a blast carving her Swan on this especially snowy day! Momma Mistletoe made an Arctic Peacock and Daddy Treats improvised last minute with a pineapple, we won't question where he acquired yellow snow... Baby Stockings was awarded first place and given a special trophy. What fun on this snowy night!

ENTRY 9:

In the dead of night, a couple of ponies are sneaking in on the contestant area to make final preparations for the contest finale in the morning. Sneaky, sneaky.

ENTRY 10:

Nothing like a little chocolate fondue while looking at snow dragons and snow bushwoolies!

ENTRY 11:

The little Rarity wanted to go to the Snow Carving Fair, so her dad Periwinkle and her mom Sweetie Belle granted her wish.

They enjoyed all the day at the Fair, now the night came and they continue making their sculpture while, on the stands, other ponies have fun seeing the participants.

The happy family is making a snowman, but not an ordinary one, it will be an alive snowman thanks to the magic spells of Sweetie Belle.... wait! I said that the family was making the snowman?, well, mom and dad are making it, because the little girl is very tired now, so she is eating candied fruits while her parents work. Take care of the fruits Rarity! A tiny penguin comes to steal them! (it is a snow animal, right?)

ENTRY 12:

Snow Carving Round: Twins!

The Snow Goddess herself has come to judge the annual Snow Carving Festival. This round is twins versus twins versus twins and it's taking place under the twinkling festival lights as night time sets in. Giggles & Wiggles have carved an icy likeness to a petite pony, their carving tools laid down to show they are done. Bowtie and Bowtie (Spanish) have put a top hat on their Snow Pony! Ribbs and Argie Ribbs are lagging behind as their firey dragon breath keeps melting the snow! And to this year's winning team goes a giant pineapple! Whose will the Snow Goddess choose - skill or heart?

It was time for Dream Valley's world famous, Snow Carving Fair. The atmosphere was electric, what had the teams come up with this year? Surely they could not be grander or more glorious than last winter's creations? What amazing plans and sculptures were they going to see? The crowd jostled around the snow covered meadow, munching hot chestnuts, muffled in hats & scarves...waiting for Majesty to sound the bell to start the race. The teams were at the ready - snow tools polished, secret plans tweaked. Three...two...one AND WE ARE OFF!

Your picture must feature one or more ponies at the Snow Carving Festival. They can be taking part in the competition, watching the show or perhaps enjoying some other part of the Fair. For bonus points try to include one or more of the below bonus items/descriptions (bonuses are not mandatory to the theme and it may not be possible to feature them all).

Bonus 1: A snow animal
Bonus 2: "Night time"
Bonus 3: 2 or more ponies who could be or are family
Random Bonus: A pineapple

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Midnight (Eastern US Time) 13th December.

Have fun! :cold:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 04:49:44 PM by WinterContest »

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Winter Ponyland ~ Photo Challenge 3 ~ Deadline 13th December
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 06:29:27 PM »
Oh man! This will be a unique challenge for those of us without snow... :lmao:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 07:41:24 PM »
I'm confused about "night time"  ^^"" like would ponies with night theme symbols count for that? The " " throws me off ^-^"

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Offline Valerie

• Dabbles Pony
  • ☼ I ❤ G3 ☼
    • View Profile
    • Valerie´s Pony Rainbow
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 07:42:01 PM »
Oh man! This will be a unique challenge for those of us without snow... :lmao:

Yes lol... (thinking how to make fake snow  :P:lol:  :lol:

:sunny:   visitors can't see pics , please register or login
   :sunny:   

Valerie´s Pony Rainbow Tumblr - Instagram - Youtube
:heart:

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2014, 01:44:21 AM »
I have an idea, but it depends completely weather conditions outdoors. I do know, how it could be done indoors too, but unfortunately that's way beyond my skill set.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:11:30 AM by Eurocoin »

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 03:35:26 AM »
Looks like I'm out on this one. No snow here and no idea how to pull of fake snow/ice for a carving contest.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

moomargh

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 06:07:25 AM »
But right now in Finland there's no snow either! And we should have some haha. But it's all melted!

So I'm guessing we just need a tiny bit extra creativeness this time around. Gonna need some fake snow I guess haha.

Offline Eurocoin

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 06:20:51 AM »
But right now in Finland there's no snow either! And we should have some haha. But it's all melted!

We here at the north do still have some.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 06:26:22 AM »
We need an El Nino theme.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

moomargh

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 06:39:25 AM »

We here at the north do still have some.

Oh! Maybe I have to travel more north then. I'm in Oulu, and none here (well a few piles that are dirty with rocks).  :lmao:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 12:02:34 PM »
I'm confused about "night time"  ^^"" like would ponies with night theme symbols count for that? The " " throws me off ^-^"

Just think creatively for the bonus points :) Maybe its a photo at night...maybe its a photo of something representing night time?

And you dont have to have snow...anything at the Snow Carving "Fair" will work...or just track yourself down some cotton wool! :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 07:57:58 PM »
I dont know about other countries, but i know that the dollar tree and hobby lobby are both selling "instant snow" in a can or pouch, add water and have snow to play with! And its only $1! Will try to take a pic, i bought some for my daughters stocking lol

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2014, 01:46:05 AM »
*looks out at the rain* Had this challenge been last week it would have been possible but now.. the weather reports said it would get colder and start to snow but I don't see anything because of the stupid rain. A challenge is a challenge but this one will be tricky. ^^ I really have to think about this one.

Offline Eurocoin

• Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2014, 02:28:02 AM »
I think I'll have to resort to some kind of backup plan. Yes, there is snow here, but temperature outside is just below freezing, which isn't good for my original plan. I already have a kind of plan b in mind and while it adheres the challenge/contest rules, it still feels a bit like cheating.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2014, 01:44:49 PM »
Hm... I'm definitely having difficulty with this one. The snow isn't a problem, it's just putting everything together.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal