collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Missing Florida! xD  (Read 1728 times)

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Missing Florida! xD
« on: December 07, 2014, 09:50:08 PM »
Hi there! Didnt think this is big of enough for WYP. Its probably the weather here, making me miss the beaches but maaan Ireally miss living in Florida! Right now, even though its probably chilly, I could go for a stroll on the beach looking for seashells on Clearwater beach and go to the Christmas Party at Disney Xmas day like how I did when I was little. I miss opening up my daddy's grill in the back yard and seeing anoles (those adorable little lizards!) hibernating in the charcoal.  I miss those white egret birds flocking in front of my yard and letting the dog outside to chase them! I lived in Lakeland around Lake Hollingsworth and I miss how beautiful it was there. Here in Texas its so crummy and I have no vacation time to visit. The nearest beach hete is Gavelston and its honestly not that great. That and hubby is not at all interested in Florida, he hated living in Key West as a kid. Hearing everyone's plans to visit Florida/Disney for vacation is making me jealous! Ive got Florida Fever bad! xD

What do you guys love about Florida or if you are a resident (or ex resisdent like me) what would you miss if you moved away?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 10:06:23 PM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline MonsterMania44

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Fancy Pants Baby
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Florida! xD
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 09:57:54 PM »
I am originally from Florida too! Now I live in Tennessee and I hate it so much so I can totally relate. I miss Florida so much and have recently been thinking about moving back. I have lived in Tennessee for about 10 years now and I still get so homesick when I think about Florida. My husband and I are thinking about taking the kids down there for a week in April to see how they like it because my husband and kids have never been. I honestly think they only thing stopping us from moving back right now is because we don't know if my husband could get a good enough job to be able to support us comfortably.

Gloomygirl777

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 10:06:46 PM »
I have never been a resident of Florida although once I did "live" there for a few weeks (that's a long story)............but the best vacation that I ever remember taking was to Florida. Me, my mom, and my little brother went on like a 2 week trip to Florida when I was in middle school one summer. We went to Disney, Key West, Naples(?), and I can't remember where else......but I remember having the best time. I do remember seeing lizards everywhere. In one hotel we stayed at there was what looked like a little lizard family that would sit right outside our hotel door.

And my favorite was Key West. One hotel that we stayed at had all of these lovely birds on the path to the breakfast. And I remember falling in love with the peach faced love birds. Ever since then I have always wanted to get some. And of course Disney World was amazing. It was just such a wonderful experience. For that short amount of time in my life...it felt like I was in some kind of paradise. I hope to have a vacation that tops it one day but so far it has been the best that I have had.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 10:53:01 PM »
I don't know how it's been central and southern, but the panhandle has been 60-75F for the last week, so plenty warm!

I would happily go back to Wisconsin/Illinois if it wasn't for looking after my parents!

I don't like it here!  I appreciate a few things, however, like higher wages for my work sector, and that the city I live in is fairly gay friendly for a smaller city.  There's not a lot to do though, other than shop, drink, eat out and stroll along the beach, though.  And as someone who used to live in the Chicago area, the drivers here are NUTS.  I also die in the summer.  I can't go to the beaches then, have to wait for late autumn, winter and early spring.  @_@ 

I do know what it's like to miss your home state, though!  Please trade places with me, hahaha! 

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 12:25:52 AM »
Id gladly trade with you MiRaja! xD

I know exactly how you feel MonsterMania44! My husband doesnt like the idea of moving away from his family and he really doesnt know how to apply for jobs outside of the state. Ahhh but my dads family still luves in the Tampa area and i moved away from my family so he could be with his family! I miss FL like crazy right now!

I honestly could never get bored of going to the beach! Once I found a brittle starfish on the beach!! OMG and a baby *we are talking super tiny!) octopus I found in a fighting Conch shell (it bit me with its beak) bu it was extraordinary!!  I always have a deep love the ocean!!

jess77

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 04:10:16 AM »
I grew up in Orlando.  After many years living in other states, I am glad to say I have moved back to Florida!  :biggrin: Ironically, I just moved here from Texas. lol 

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 06:27:50 AM »
I grew up in Orlando.  After many years living in other states, I am glad to say I have moved back to Florida!  :biggrin: Ironically, I just moved here from Texas. lol

OMG no way! xD Where in Texas!? I would flip if it was DFW haha! We both want/wanted to get out of Texas! LOL

Hopefully someday me or my hubby can get a really good job offer in Central Florida! Id really love to move back! :)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 07:00:21 AM »
I grew up in South Florida and moved nearly 8 years ago. I miss it like crazy. I miss the flatness and the palm trees. I mean we have palms here but not like they were at home.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 11:11:55 AM »
Ive visited, twice, but unfortunately haven't gotton anything positive outside of WDW.  The people and atmosphere in Orlando is aweful if you head into the local malls.

I do miss the sunsets though, and the white sand.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 04:12:42 PM »
I'm not from Florida, but it's where I DREAM to live. Compared to Missouri, it's just amazing.

I like warm weather, I like being in the water, and I LOVE fresh seafood.

I went to Florida earlier this year.....Pensacola Beach. I found so many seashells! Everything there is just so beautiful. I love Destin, too.

Luckily, we are going back again to Pensacola Beach in May. I am so excited. :D
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 04:23:32 PM »
I'm not from Florida, but it's where I DREAM to live. Compared to Missouri, it's just amazing.

I like warm weather, I like being in the water, and I LOVE fresh seafood.

I went to Florida earlier this year.....Pensacola Beach. I found so many seashells! Everything there is just so beautiful. I love Destin, too.

Luckily, we are going back again to Pensacola Beach in May. I am so excited. :D

:O

Do you want to come see me?  That's where I live right now.  I'm not on the beach, but I'm less than a mile from the water.  Pony hang out ftw!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 04:41:58 PM »
I definitely wouldn't mind! We will be there in May. Maybe you could join my family and I at the beach? Or if you like to go out, my brothers and I like to party each night. Or we could have lunch together or something. It would be fun to meet a fellow collector! I never get to hang out with pony peeps. I was at the MLP Fair last year but I only got to stay 2 hours so I didn't get to socialize much.

Post Merge: December 08, 2014, 04:43:31 PM

BTW I am so jealous you live there, MiRaja! I would LOOOOOOVE to have my home in Pensacola Beach. It'd be like a dream.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:43:31 PM by DazzleKitty »
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 06:31:30 PM »
Your post made me more grateful that I live in Florida. :) Sometimes I focus on the negatives, like the fact that we don't have any real seasons to speak of and that it can get so darn hot. I'm used to it, and it's not as bad as the heat in other places where there's no sea breeze, but still. And the fact that there are so many bugs and snakes. But, all that aside, I do love the beaches, and the big, blue sky. I probably would miss it like crazy if I moved!

And as someone who used to live in the Chicago area, the drivers here are NUTS.

Ha ha, so I hear. :) I've lived here all my life and I don't have much basis for comparison.

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 07:50:55 PM »
As a kid, I used to travel to Tampa once a year to see my grandparents. I miss the fauna in Florida and the variety of exciting places to visit.

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 07:52:38 PM »
I talked to my husband, he said he would be willing to visit.... but I probably wont win. I looked at apartments there, a lot of them in Lakeland and Winter Haven are cheapet than mine and look nicer! My husband said that the crime rate is higher there (which i dont know where he got that from...) and if he got a job offer there that pays double what he makes now he would definirly consider moving back. *sigh* every girl can dream! Maybe someday!

I really think the bugs here in Texas are WAY worse than florida! Just this week ive seen so many beetles and flying bugs outside. Ack! In florida the ants were the only thing that bothered me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal