collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which card should I pick?  (Read 356 times)

Offline kirinafa

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Custom Bait Pony
    • View Profile
Which card should I pick?
« on: December 07, 2014, 07:30:28 PM »
Enterplay had another flash sale, one being that you could pick any card (except for series 1 rarity/rainbow dash and the signed ones)

Which has really had me stumped! I already have series 1 & 2 (except for that darn rarity anyway) there's also the option of any ccg cards, which I've only started collecting.

So, which cards have the most value right now?

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Which card should I pick?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 07:42:39 PM »
Hmm...

I'd imagine any promo that wasn't available in a tin or box would be valuable.  I lucked out and got both series 1 RD and Rarity for $4 each during a flash sale a little while ago, and unfortunately those are the only two that come to mind as being worth much.

The series 2 Smarty Pants promo might be worth a bit, since they've never done a flash sale for it specifically.  I know it took me forever to finally track one down.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 02:00:39 PM »
The only card that hasnt popped up some other way is that original Rarity Bronycon card.

Dont purchase the card thinking they hold more value or a better value; Enterplay just keep releasing them different ways and any value vanishes. You should totally just go with the one that you like or the one that you want most to add to your collection.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 02:07:55 PM »
The only card that hasnt popped up some other way is that original Rarity Bronycon card.

Technically it has.  There was a flash sale for the series 1 Rainbow Dash promo and they had more orders placed for her than they could fulfill, so they took all of the names of the people who had placed and order and did a random drawing of 25 names to receive series 1 Rarity instead of RD, as an apology.  I was one of those people.  Then they had another flash sale for Rainbow Dash a little while later that I was able to snatch up to complete my set.

Unfortunately when they do a "pick any card" flash sale, Rarity and Rainbow Dash are excluded.

They had mentioned a flash sale for the series 2 Smarty Pants promo a while back, but never went through with it, which is why I think that's probably the best card to go with.  It was only given out at a con earlier this year, if I'm correct.

As you said though, it's always more about what the person wants to add to their collection. :)
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 02:26:59 PM »

Technically it has.  There was a flash sale for the series 1 Rainbow Dash promo and they had more orders placed for her than they could fulfill, so they took all of the names of the people who had placed and order and did a random drawing of 25 names to receive series 1 Rarity instead of RD, as an apology.  I was one of those people.  Then they had another flash sale for Rainbow Dash a little while later that I was able to snatch up to complete my set.

Unfortunately when they do a "pick any card" flash sale, Rarity and Rainbow Dash are excluded.

They had mentioned a flash sale for the series 2 Smarty Pants promo a while back, but never went through with it, which is why I think that's probably the best card to go with.  It was only given out at a con earlier this year, if I'm correct.

As you said though, it's always more about what the person wants to add to their collection. :)

I didnt realise she had popped up this way :) Still 25 releases puts her at the top of the hard to find. The RD got a decent release over here. It popped up as the card at quite a few stores where the line was being launched as part of an "MLP brand" exercise. So it shows up on UK ebay more often than some of the other cards than have never had a release over here at all.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal