collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC help please? G1  (Read 502 times)

Offline IreneL

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
PC help please? G1
« on: December 04, 2014, 03:10:00 PM »
I got a bunch of ponies I am not certain of the values of. Not 100% decided on which ones to keep, but leaning towards selling most of the ones listed.

I will post some at a time so it won´t be too much trouble!

Fireball
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Fairly good condition overall, would display lovely for someone not super-picky.
Rubs in both sides markings, a couple of smaller ink stains on NDS side, probably tail rust (sounds when shaken), eyes and freckles are lovely, colour not 100% even all over, a little bit faded partially, mainly on NDS side front hoof beard. When posed as picture all colours appear beautifully!
Tiny bit dry in the end of the tail.

Sea Breeze

Overall: SOO pretty! Good condition.
Tail and mane have a tiny bit both frizz and dryness but hardly noticeable. One tiny pink dot in the eye, not 100% clear/clean colour but I can not really point anything else out.

Pretty Beat, Euro

Overall: Good condition. Tiny bit dry/frizz in the mane, lower half of the red mane. No "big" flaws but not 100% clear colour (lighter on tips of ears and down at the hooves, and head vs. body), not noticeable imperfection to one eye, a couple of tiny black dots.

Sweet Clover (looks pink to me?)

(Hair not completely dry yet, sorry about that! :P)
Overall: Good condition
Nice eyes, markings, mane and tail except tiny bit frizz in the tail, she has got a smaller faded blue mark under NDS sides cheek (more like behind the cheek, good angle) do not know if it is a factory error but seems to be a small glitch between head and neck.

Sports Time (UK)

Overall: Would say near mint, but he has a brown dot on his back that I would say is practically invisible, but not sure if it could be pony cancer. Can´t find anything else.

Very thankful for help!  ^.^

Post Merge: December 04, 2014, 03:21:36 PM

Closer pics of the flaws:

Could something this tiny be pony cancer? I have no clue, everything brown-ish looks the same to me!  :blink:

I really tried to take pic of the faded ink stain but it just would not stick to the camera! Took like three pics and this is the closest I got to be able to see it;

Ink stains
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 03:21:58 PM by IreneL »

Offline LadyGuinevere

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
    • Princesses with Dragons Accessory Survey
Re: PC help please? G1
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 02:47:13 AM »
Fireball would still be around $45-50 I would think. He has his flaws, but otherwise looks decent.

Sea Breeze - $6-10
Euro Pretty Beat - $5-7
Pink Sweet Clover - not sure
Sports Time - $5-8

Where you are based can make a difference though, as they tend to go a bit lower in Europe (as they were sold there) compared to somewhere like the US.

Visit my Princesses with Dragons Accessory Website
Thanks to SDS for my gorgeous avvie!

Offline IreneL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 08:12:35 AM »
Thank you for your reply!  :)
I am located in Sweden. I do not know, but somehow it feels weird to cut down the price too much because of shipping distances.
I mean - I do not expect people to lower their prices if I want to import a US pony? :blink: Or pay more within the country if someone is selling a North American pony.
Maybe I am thinking the wrong way!  :P

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 03:49:09 PM »
It's not about cutting the price because of the costly shipping, no one's suggesting you should do that. :lol: Euro exclusives such as mountain boys, or say, romance ponies or flower ponies tend to sell for a lower price here than in the US because they were originally sold here which means that there are more of those ponies on this side of the pond than on the US side to begin with. It's the same phenomenon you see with wingers for example. They are fewer here so they tend to reach higher prices here than in the US where there are plenty more of those. :)

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 05:54:14 PM »
Yup, exactly as Mirn says. :) I do agree with you though - I dont like to suggest or sell at different prices depending on where someone in the world is selling. But unfortunately you may expect sometimes that people will expect to pay less locally for something and you will typically see Euro ponies selling for less on this side of the ocean than you will when the same pony sells in the US. I agree with those prices as well.

Sea Breeze
Overall: SOO pretty! Good condition.
Tail and mane have a tiny bit both frizz and dryness but hardly noticeable. One tiny pink dot in the eye, not 100% clear/clean colour but I can not really point anything else out.
$10-12 if unfaded pink and minty with the issues you mention $8

Pretty Beat
Overall: Good condition. Tiny bit dry/frizz in the mane, lower half of the red mane. No "big" flaws but not 100% clear colour (lighter on tips of ears and down at the hooves, and head vs. body), not noticeable imperfection to one eye, a couple of tiny black dots.
$7

Sweet Clover
(Hair not completely dry yet, sorry about that! :P)
Overall: Good condition
Nice eyes, markings, mane and tail except tiny bit frizz in the tail, she has got a smaller faded blue mark under NDS sides cheek (more like behind the cheek, good angle) do not know if it is a factory error but seems to be a small glitch between head and neck.
Minty this version runs higher than the tan one and perfect $35. With the mark and the tail frizz more around $26.

Sportstime
Overall: Would say near mint, but he has a brown dot on his back that I would say is practically invisible, but not sure if it could be pony cancer. Can´t find anything else.
$5

Fireball
Fairly good condition overall, would display lovely for someone not super-picky.
Rubs in both sides markings, a couple of smaller ink stains on NDS side, probably tail rust (sounds when shaken), eyes and freckles are lovely, colour not 100% even all over, a little bit faded partially, mainly on NDS side front hoof beard. When posed as picture all colours appear beautifully! Tiny bit dry in the end of the tail.
$45
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline IreneL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 03:06:38 AM »
Mirnyj, ah I see what you mean.
I was thinking if they are common here, it would be better to offer to sell international.
Or more like- try to adapt to where there is a demand/who would want it.

Thank you for your input!

And thank you so much Hathorcat for your value help! :)

Post Merge: December 06, 2014, 04:10:12 AM

Continues with the next bunch:

Sweet Pocket:

As you can see the pink mane is dry/frizzy. Otherwise good condition and she still has her bee.

Chatterbox and Talk-a-lot

Overall they look lovely, they can still talk (but you can tell it is old, I remember how it sounded when they were new!),
I would say Talk-a-lot is near mint, only flaw I can find is small colour difference between head and body.
Chatterbox has a faded blue stain on NDS side, and possibly some other tiny dot you would not notice.

TAF Fifi

(har not dry yet, sorry!)
Pretty but some flaws, White dots it bots eyes, seen on pic, purple mark on hind leg and a tiny (regrind?) on DS cheek. Tiny spots on NDS sides markings away but I think they can be cleaned away.

BnG Ringlet and Bouquet:

(no pic on Bouquet yet)
Ringlet: Dry and partially frizzy hair, tail mechanism works, very small ink stain that is well located on the backside of a hind leg.
Bouquet: was mainly wondering if you think I will be able to sell her at all or if she will have to go as bait? Her head is coloured by the mane. Mainly red but yellow on her ears. She looks ok otherwise but does have a few smaller miscolourings on the body and tiny bit of frizz in the mane aswell.
Is the miscolourings something you can fix? I wanted her for my own collection so I´m sad I was not able to clean her up!  :cry:
Maybe I should make her a hat! :lol:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 04:10:23 AM by IreneL »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 10:34:02 AM »
Sweet Pocket
As you can see the pink mane is dry/frizzy. Otherwise good condition and she still has her bee
And she still has lovely pink hair as well by the looks of her! $20 if minty; with the hair frizz $16

Chatterbox & Talk-a-lot
Overall they look lovely, they can still talk (but you can tell it is old, I remember how it sounded when they were new!),
I would say Talk-a-lot is near mint, only flaw I can find is small colour difference between head and body.
Chatterbox has a faded blue stain on NDS side, and possibly some other tiny dot you would not notice.
Speaking English? They can be a bit random on price unfortunately. I would put them $15-16 when minty and working, with the issues you describe I would think more like $12-14 for Talk-a-lot and $10 for Chatterbox.

TAF Fifi
(har not dry yet, sorry!)
Pretty but some flaws, White dots it bots eyes, seen on pic, purple mark on hind leg and a tiny (regrind?) on DS cheek. Tiny spots on NDS sides markings away but I think they can be cleaned away.
$3

Ringlet: Dry and partially frizzy hair, tail mechanism works, very small ink stain that is well located on the backside of a hind leg.
$6

Bouquet: was mainly wondering if you think I will be able to sell her at all or if she will have to go as bait? Her head is coloured by the mane. Mainly red but yellow on her ears. She looks ok otherwise but does have a few smaller miscolourings on the body and tiny bit of frizz in the mane aswell.
Is the miscolourings something you can fix? I wanted her for my own collection so I´m sad I was not able to clean her up!  :cry:
Maybe I should make her a hat!
I love the idea of a hat :P - it would certain suit her symbol! You should be able to get rid of the staining but it could take quite a bit of sun fading. She is notoriously prone to discolouration unfortunately; just one of those colours of plastic. Do you have a picture of how all over the staining is? If its just the tips of her ears then a few $ from her normal price would be fair. If its all over her face then yes she could drop right down to the $2-3 mark
Loa is my love god!

Offline IreneL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 11:16:43 AM »
Thank you so much for the price info!  :)

With Sweet Pocket, do you think it is better to try and flatten the frizz some myself (with flat iron) before trying to sell?

I took some pics on Bouquet:

We do not really have much sun here this time of the year (for another 4-5 months!). But if you think sun fading or some other kind of treatment would get atleast a majority of the red disappear it could be worth keeping her.
I do not really mind the yellow, sure it would affect her value but I do not notice it too much.
The hat thing could probably be a fun project, but I would still want to keep it outside of the collection!  :lol:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 11:53:13 AM »
I would certainly give the defrizzing a try on Sweet Pocket :) They can be pricey when they have their pocket intact so if she was as close to mint as possible with her hair that will certainly bump her value to the higher end.

It will take quite a bit of sunfading but you should manage to get rid of most of that staining with it :) I would say its worth a try.
Loa is my love god!

Offline IreneL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 12:12:27 PM »
Great, thank you SO much for your help!  :) *bows*

Returning soon with the last batch och PC for some accessories!

Post Merge: December 06, 2014, 12:36:50 PM

Ok, here is the last batch, hope someone will be able to help with the pricing!

Two different UK School Houses:

House 1

Not complete (lower part of clock missing, "black board" pink board missing, wind flag missing, accessories missing) and there are some flaws; Window and door does not stick. You can make them stay there but they easily fall apart when opened.
Also a bit cracked on the backside. Outside looks great though, not yellowed.

House 2

Same flaws with door and window, a bit yellowed on the outside, also without the loose accessories, "black board" and pony on the top.

Accessories:

Mainly interested on what would be considered an ok price for singles and if there are some considered more valueable than others.
(And your opinion if it is better to sell separates or lots, or add them with the school houses?)

Clothing:

Beach Party UK, Bedtime (European), From the designer collection.
They seem in nice but not mint condition to me.

Post Merge: December 07, 2014, 04:33:15 AM

Anyone good with accessory pricing? :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 04:33:24 AM by IreneL »

Offline IreneL

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 01:35:30 PM »
Can you bump these things?  :blush:

Really hoping someone will have hints on the accessories!  :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 02:41:48 PM »
Ok lets see

Shoes $0.25 each
Fun in sun hat $1
Fun in sun bikini $1.50
Designer collection dress $2
Designer collection earring $2 as long as backing is intact
Purse $0.50
Bedtime wear $4 are you selling I might be interested

On the school houses because some of the items you gave there are part of the fabric of the shell I would include them with the sets when selling. Each set with some accessories in different conditions will vary from 12 to 16 probably.
Loa is my love god!

Offline IreneL

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2014, 02:56:11 PM »
Thanks again so much! :lol:

I value the school houses a bit higher, if they could be sold more locally I guess (considering shipping cost), since they tend to sell for a bit more than that even here within sweden/europe. I got them for about 22-30 Euro from auctions + extra for some accessories. But then I have something to go by and will see how much people would be willing to pay! :)

I am selling the bedtime wear. Feel free to pm if interested! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal