collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ugh! Ever make a stupid mistake and miss out on a good deal?  (Read 457 times)

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Ugh! Ever make a stupid mistake and miss out on a good deal?
« on: December 01, 2014, 09:41:24 PM »
EDIT: Whoops, I must be really tired. Can somebody please move this into correct forum for me please? I didn't mean to post this in Pony Corral.

Wow, I'm so slow, lol. I hate it when somethings right in front of my face, but by the time I actually realize what it is, it's already too late.

So, There's this clothing store called LittleMissMatched that seems to be aimed towards a very girly tween demographic, but they are known for their mismatched socks that are sold in odd numbers (and are the cutest ever!) and I just discovered that they sell socks for guys (which is friggin' awesome!) so I went on their site and created an account after finding a 20% coupon, but then I saw on their main page that you can get 50% off plus free shipping but due to the odd way in which they worded the phrase "Use Code Cyber", I read it out of the corner of my eye as Use Cyber Code and couldn't figure out what it actually was, then when I finally realized that "Cyber" was actually the code, It was 2 minutes past expired. :(

Oh well, I could have gotten the other 2 pairs of socks I wanted before I got paid, but since they are running a different deal for the next 12 days, hopefully there will be a sale that is equally as good. :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 09:47:39 PM by Neon Sparkle »

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
Re: Ugh! Ever make a stupid mistake and miss out on a good deal?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 06:18:41 PM »
Umm, maybe Off Topic? I'll move it there for now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Neon Sparkle

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 06:39:56 PM »
Umm, maybe Off Topic? I'll move it there for now.
Thanks! That's were I meant to post it.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 07:47:16 PM »
Ick! That does stink! But still, at least you were able to get some cool socks anyway.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 07:51:04 PM »
but then I saw on their main page that you can get 50% off plus free shipping but due to the odd way in which they worded the phrase "Use Code Cyber", I read it out of the corner of my eye as Use Cyber Code and couldn't figure out what it actually was, then when I finally realized that "Cyber" was actually the code, It was 2 minutes past expired. :(

I would be very confused by that code, too! Yeah, I've made mistakes and missed out on stuff before. I had $10 free to spend at my favorite clothes store once, but I accidentally let it expire.  -_-

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 11:30:02 PM »
Next time something like that happens, try contacting customer support and explaining the issue! They might not be able to do anything, but I've found that often sites will try to make things right, even if it wasn't really their fault. I had almost the exact issue with a Hot Topic sale one time. Missed the deadline to use a coupon by just a few minutes. Contacted customer support the next day, and they gave me the sale price anyway. Never hurts to ask!

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

koteuku

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 04:19:29 AM »
Well, I did miss a great pony deal lately which I cried after finding out that seller send me a message telling me not to pay anymore because I didn't make it on time with my payment and he sold it to someone else.  :sad:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 10:25:34 AM »
Happens to the best of us :)

You subconsciously now are a bit more aware and should it happen again, you are more likely to grab it^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal