collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I want sto understand something relationship wise...  (Read 818 times)

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
I want sto understand something relationship wise...
« on: November 22, 2014, 11:32:00 AM »
I've never been very social when it comes to getting out and knowing people so my knowledge of how interest in others is not good. I'm trying to understand something like this: If a guy who has a bunch of friends, many of which are female, some married, some single, drops hints about wanting to find a girlfriend or if they ever get married on social media, then how come they don't get with one of the female friends that is supposedly single? Can a guy have lady friends they know through work on social media and just be friendly? Is it like me and other males where I just talk to them but there's nothing about them that makes me attracted to them. So do the two people have to have equal attraction to one anther in order to develop a relationship? It's something I'm trying to figure out since the guy I like and want to ask out has lots of buddies they are mostly work buddies or people he's known for many years and he hasn't met me in person yet. I'm hoping to change that in the future when I get another chance to see him at a convention. Hope I made myself clear enough in what I wanted to know.  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 11:33:42 AM by plushroo »

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
Re: I want sto understand something relationship wise...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 05:45:50 PM »
lol that was a lot of words, but yes - totally possible for guys and girls to be friends without anything going on. My best friend is a guy I have known since I was 6 (now 34) and there has never been any kind of attraction between us. Imo the cases where it doesn't work is where one party is in love with the each but the feeling isn't mutual. That will not end well
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 09:11:38 PM »
What Sebby said.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 09:52:22 AM »
*nodnod* I have a few guy friends and we have no attraction going on.  I grew up with a few of them :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 12:12:00 PM »
People generally want relationships with individuals they have or think they might have the chance to form a certain kind of connection with, and while exactly what that means varies depending on the person, simply being the "right" gender usually isn't enough by itself. So certainly a guy can have female friends, even close ones, but not feel like they're the kind of people he wants a particular kind of relationship with. Or he could be attracted to one of them and just be shy and not so good about speaking up directly. Or, yes, he could be interested in one of them, but they're not interested in him. I think all of those possibilities are really common.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 02:13:33 AM »
I've had a lot of male friends with no romantic feelings involved so yes, it is possible.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 03:29:13 AM »
Most of my friends are men, and as far as im aware most never had any attraction there. I had a bit of a crush on one of my female friends and the feeling was mutual, but we know we would be the worst couple so wouldn't put each other through it. We have a mutual agreement to be friends with benefits without any weirdness attached which works for us (probably not for most people however) its seriously the oddest friendship I have ever had.

However, anyone can have friends of the opposite or same sex without romantic feelings. This is normal too.

People can be hard to read, even for someone that understands them, I constantly unintentionally analyze people to try to figure out social ques in my head. I wish I didn't, but im normally reading body language and tones to try to figure people out. I wish I could just switch off and not care lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal