collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: CMC Cutie Marks - Maybe Spoiler  (Read 5346 times)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
Re: CMC Cutie Marks - Maybe Spoiler
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2015, 07:02:56 PM »
i honestly hope they don't get their cutie marks. it would ruin a large part of the show for my niece.
and what would become of the cutie mark crusaders?

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2015, 10:29:51 PM »
These designs were recalled, as far as I know! I remember reading about it. I can't remember what they decided to use instead, but they were definitely changed.
:fox:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2015, 11:56:44 PM »
I'm going to be really disappointed if that is Scootaloo's official cutie mark.  It doesn't fit her personality or talents at all.

I mean, if it were a hardcore metal butterfly with skulls on its wings then MAYBE?  Even then I can't think of any explanation for a butterfly symbol that isn't really contrived.

I didn't like that symbol in G3 either, it looks so clip-arty and generic.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 11:58:50 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2015, 02:03:09 PM »
These designs were recalled, as far as I know! I remember reading about it. I can't remember what they decided to use instead, but they were definitely changed.

The swapped out the symbols just for their names instead. No proof what that means other than that the first release should not have been that way - does it mean its inaccurate or does it mean they were shown too soon...who knows!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2015, 02:44:09 PM »
I'm going to be really disappointed if that is Scootaloo's official cutie mark.  It doesn't fit her personality or talents at all.

I mean, if it were a hardcore metal butterfly with skulls on its wings then MAYBE?  Even then I can't think of any explanation for a butterfly symbol that isn't really contrived.

It's been implied her talent is dancing and I think a butterfly fits that well. Maybe even better than Fluttershy.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2015, 07:12:45 PM »

It's been implied her talent is dancing and I think a butterfly fits that well. Maybe even better than Fluttershy.

I think cutie marks have a lot to do with personality, and the moment that you get your cutie mark, as well as talent. Fluttershy's probably got more stock in a butterfly cutie mark because when she fell out of the sky when she was little, she was rescued by a cloud of butterflies. Also it fits her personality: gentle. And her name- it rhymes, and butterflies flutter!

I have a very hard time seeing Scootaloo's talent as dancing. I think the only episode we've seen to support that theory was The Show Stoppers, whereas I think it's much more likely that Scootaloo's talent is going to be something scooter-related. It fits with her name, we've seen that she is exceptionally talented with it before in many episodes, and it fits with her tomboyish-ness. Scootaloo hates girly stuff, and she's not exceptionally graceful, so I think it's quite unlikely to be a butterfly- far more probable that they recycled G3 cutie marks!
:fox:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal