collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Laptop being weird...  (Read 370 times)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
Laptop being weird...
« on: November 20, 2014, 01:33:29 PM »
Okay so yesterday I noticed my laptop starting to do something a bit odd

For some reason when I boot my laptop on, the fans seem to kick up quite high, like I find it does when I'm playing a game. And so I turned the laptop off and booted again, same thing and then the next time it stopped
And for some reason if my laptop goes into sleep mode and then I wake it and get to my start screen it does it

And the only thing I've done is yesterday I installed some updates on my machine, and also updated my graphics card driver so I don't know if somehow either of those did it, because I can't see anything that should be making my laptop do this.

EDIT: Ran a system restore last night, and did find it seemed to work so I'm guessing whatever did it was tied into an update,
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 05:28:22 AM by starrypawz »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Laptop being weird...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 08:50:15 PM »
That is weird!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline starrypawz

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 10:09:33 PM »
I did a system restore just on the off chance and it seems to have stopped that happening, so it seems it was tied into one of the updates I did,
I am though going to pop into the local computer repair place today and have a chat about what happened because if that's going to happen as a result of updates it's a bit of a problem because I'm worried about my fan blowing out

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline h1m3.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 02:23:21 AM »
hmmm.. my dad is more computer repair - person than I am.. but I guess those fans can be go up because over heating.. Have cleaned it? Mine computer got ones so much dust that it did the same thing... after cleaning th dust it worked fine.
Also my ps3 did that.. we just unplugged it from any wires leave it for second and again it worked (it has been plugged ever since I got it about year ago and just needed a little break I guess)
Also while playing do you have enough memory? My computer heated also because of that in some point.
I do not know if this really helps but I can only hope.. Better see that computer repairer ;)

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 05:03:39 AM »
Starrypawz, what laptop do you have and what OS are you running? Not saying i can help but i'll give it a shot :)

Offline starrypawz

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 05:27:39 AM »
hmmm.. my dad is more computer repair - person than I am.. but I guess those fans can be go up because over heating.. Have cleaned it? Mine computer got ones so much dust that it did the same thing... after cleaning th dust it worked fine.
Also my ps3 did that.. we just unplugged it from any wires leave it for second and again it worked (it has been plugged ever since I got it about year ago and just needed a little break I guess)
Also while playing do you have enough memory? My computer heated also because of that in some point.
I do not know if this really helps but I can only hope.. Better see that computer repairer ;)
Yeah, like I try to keep the vents unobstructed, but the problem is I do have some that are right on the bottom smack bang in the middle so it can be pretty hard to keep those unobstructed
And yeah as far as I know I have enough RAM to run the games I have on here, I have 6GB on this machine, but yeah the fans were kicking up when I was booting the machine up and so you know not running anything intensive

Starrypawz, what laptop do you have and what OS are you running? Not saying i can help but i'll give it a shot :)
It's an Asus, can't remember the exact model but it's an N series one  and it's running Windows 8

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal