collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Urgent request of help for a won lot on auction  (Read 467 times)

robinharper

• Trade Count: (0)
Urgent request of help for a won lot on auction
« on: November 16, 2014, 02:32:28 AM »
Hi,

I just won totally out of the blue an auction (to my great shame I have to admit I had forgotten I had entered it even), but do I close the deal or not?

This is the lot:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I have won it for $ 83 minus shipping which should hopefully be $ 10.  My question is, since I only want to keep the Nursery myself ...  Can I get the cost back out of the lot by selling the rest?  And looking now mostly to European MLP fans here due to shipping costs, is anyone here interested in what looks to be a rather good in shape and complete with accessoires Dream Castle, Stable, Parfumerie?  From the pic they look in near mint condition I think. 

Help me please to decide ...... 

Also, I just found something nice on another second hand site, but I have no idea how far to go with the bidding.  I don't want to pay tons of money if it ain't worth that money.

Does anyone know how much this item about is worth?  Thanks in advance.

Hugs
   Robin
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 06:26:28 AM by robinharper »

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
Re: Urgent request of help for a won lot on auction
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 06:59:03 AM »
I'd say yes, you would be able to get it back. Dream Castle, the Perfume Parlour and the building that must be the Show Stable would fetch quite a price, say $70-90 or so on eBay.
I don't currently collect playlets or the like but I'm sure someone would be interested in it. Good luck with finding someone!
Also, that figure looks like a Tiny Tins Minty. Tiny Tins were the ancestors of the mystery blind bag figures, but we're apparently too expensive for the item. They're generally worth about $5 each.
Hope I helped.

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 06:59:25 AM »
I was going to bump this thread over to Trader Support for you because if the auction you won refers to ebay then you have no choice - you have to complete the transaction. Bidding on an auction enters you into a legally binding contract which it is very much frowned on for you to then back out of. I know on MarketPlaats and some other auction sites the rules are different. So it may help to explain in your post which site and whether it is considered acceptable for someone to back out of a winning bid.

However as your question actually perhaps pertains to value of the lot I will leave it here. The Dream Castle is always popular, as is the Lullaby Nursery. If you allocate some of what you have spent to the Nursery, then you will certainly get the balance back from the rest of the lot. I am sure once you own them and post over in the sales forum you will get plenty of interest.

The Minty is a tiny tin - they run around $3ish normally.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 09:08:59 AM »
Where's the other flat side of the castle?

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 01:03:46 PM »
Even if the castle is incomplete (as it appears to be,) I imagine you could still make your money back on auction.  Some of it will depend on what accessories you have there (it's hard to tell) but I think you did fine.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

robinharper

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 01:54:37 PM »
Hi all,

and thanks for the response.

anonymoushoneycomb, that much?  Wauw!  It would be great if I could sell of with a profit since I was thinking of doing so and donating the money to a project that helps stray cats.  Too bad about the little figurine.  It is cheaper than it would cost to ship ...   :(

hathorcat, It isn't bought on ebay.  A different second hand site where winning a bet doesn't mean you also have to take the item.  Which is why in fact I also won since the people who outbid me all, all forewent the buy in the end as they had bought already playsets at other sites.  And I do hope I can indeed sell them back off as I was originally in it for the Nursery and perhaps the Parfume set.  I don't know the last set so I can't decide yet.  The Minty isn't worth the shipping it seems since the shipping alone would be double its worth.  Too bad  :(  It would have been a different story if she had more to sell then that I would be interested in but since it is only this tiny figurine ...

mlp4me, MY GOD!  I hadn't even noticed yet!   :shocked:  I sent her a mail to ask whether she still has the missing side.  Perhaps it is buried underneath all the items in the Show Stable.

scarletjul, I certainly would hope so.  I haven't yet accepted the buy she offered me, telling her I wanted to think it over first (and I do wonder why everyone who outbid me in the end pulled back ...  Did they really all buy sets somewhere else?  It is possible I guess, but still.  I have been staring, looking for flaws on the pics  :biggrin:)  Guess I will sleep over it and then decide.

Thank you all for your input!

Hugs
   Robin

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal