collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Christmas Stories! Come And Share Your Favorite MLP Christmas Memory!  (Read 2182 times)

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tell us about a favorite Christmas Memory! What made it grate! Did you get something you wanted very much? Please share!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 11:15:22 AM by LightingElectricDream »
:accomplished:

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas Stories! Come And Share Your Favorite MLP Christmas Memory!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 10:13:54 AM »
All I wanted for Christmas when I was younger was a Sippin' Soda pony and my sister and I both got one :D I think we screamed forever! I got Chocolate Delight and she got Strawberry Scoops. They were very loved and played with every day :)
My Wish List

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 11:04:03 AM »
Christmas 1984 - Wanting a My Little Pony so badly, but Santa didn't leave one. But my mother had one wrapped up under the tree for me! Still remember the magic of opening Cotton Candy and my excitement at seeing her and her lavender flower brush. My brother said later that day: "You'll never be happy with just one. Soon she'll need a friend." I said: "I'll always be happy with just Cotton Candy."

And so it began . . . :)
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 11:28:29 AM »
When I was little I remember being so so so excited when I got the first G3 castle with Pink Sunsparkle and Cotton Candy's Cafe one Christmas.  I was so happy, it was like I had the start of my very own My Little Pony town.  I played with them constantly, and I still have them.  They play sets are packed up now until I get my pony display squared away, but I still treasure them.

Also, last Christmas, my parents got me a lot of like 9 G1s in need of a little bit of TLC because they saw how much I enjoyed bringing my first G1 back to her former glory.  It was such a thoughtful gift and I was so over the moon about it.  They didn't arrive until a few days after Christmas, but my Mom told me that the box was coming so it was something nice to look forward to.  I totally love them, and I had a great time cleaning them up  ^.^

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 01:47:09 PM »
My fave MLP Christmas was when I received the Perm Shoppe.  I'm not all that into hair styling, really, but for some reason I *really* loved this playset!  Fifi is so adorable, there were so many cool accessories, and I loved playing with the working shower and giving my ponies and anything else a "shampoo" over and over again, ha ha.

Soon I'll be digging out my Christmas ornaments, including the little cardboard Princess Tiffany I cut off a backcard WAY back when.  She has gone on the tree every year since then, I don't know how she has lasted this long.   :)
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 03:04:51 PM »
Christmas, 1983:

After the following year, we didn't celebrate Christmas anymore so she was always special to me. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 03:09:23 PM »
Hubby caved in last year and bought me a MIB Red Roses. Absolutely fantastic! (You wouldn't believe me if I told you but that was the first G1 that I can remember him finding/buying for me after all these years of collecting and being with him...)

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2014, 03:55:45 PM »
The only clear pony memory I have from Christmas is getting my Princess Sparkle from the first year princess ponies. I remember we were on holiday at my grandparents further north up the country, and being a family gathering of sorts, my younger cousin was there.

I remember distinctly hiding my new pony from those icky, sticky fingers!!!  He'd already put some yucky ick on some softer toy I'd received moments earlier (and I got told off by my uncle for not sharing after I got upset about it - go figure), but boy was he not gonna put grabby hands on my new kick ass pony  :lol: :lol:   To this day I still have her and hugster and all her accessories bar her ribbon.  :)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 07:29:05 PM »
I got my very first ponies TE Galaxy and NBBE Ribbons for Christmas; I know it was Christmas at my gran's place, but I cannot remember any other details than teaching myself how to braid the baby's tail with the help of the instructions on the back of the box/ card.

My recent (and so far very best) memory is when my mother (who is not really supporting my hobby) bought me MOC Love Melody on German card for Christmas 4 years ago. One of the best presents ever.

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 08:02:27 PM »
I dont think I have many childhood pony memories, but last year I woke up to find my MLP stocking filled with goodies in the living room!!!

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 08:55:21 PM »
Both of my childhood g1 ponies, Wibd Whistler and Raincurl, were Christmas presents.  I received Windwhistler when I was four and Raincurl when I was six.  I think they were both stocking stuffers.  :)

One of my best pony-related memories is from a couple of years ago, though.  My best friend gave me an advent style Christmas present - 25 wrapped little gifts, one to be opened each day in December.  It was incredibly awesome.  One of them happened to be Feathermay.  The whole idea was lovely and the pony was adorable.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline unluckyrabbit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Ponies have taken over my life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 09:51:52 PM »
Last year I got a plush of my favorite G4 pony from aunt only because she it was the only one that looked cute

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 01:58:42 AM »
It's a funny thing, memories. I remember when as a kid I was going on the towns christmas market and in a store were some boxes of TAF Sundance with Megan and another HUUUGEEE box with both Sundance, baby Sundance, Megan and Molly and I pointed and told mom and dad I wanted them for christmas. So far, memory is true.

Next memory is sitting by the christmastree and opening up a box and being very happy about it being Sundance and Megan. A little dissapointed over it not being the larger box, but still happy. I remember brushing Sundance hair while sitting in the wrappingpaper next to the tree.

Now, as an adult, mom got through a lot of photos before moving house and found and gave me one of when I got Sundance and Megan. And it was not chrismas eve, but at my birthday! :blink: The photo is of me sitting in bed surrounded by wrapping paper and holding up the box. I'm soo confused! The only other pony I remember getting around christmas was Tassles and I was so old at that time I could not confuse that memory with the one of Sundance..

So..my favorite christmas memory, of mlp, is fake. Funny, huh. XD

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 05:19:49 AM »
I remember my sister getting the Nursery set but I don't remember getting any ponies myself that year.  I know I was jealous.  I can't remember if I actually got any ponies.  Sometimes my sister (who was younger) would get toys while I (big sis) would get "grown up young lady" stuff.  Like for example my sister got a plush adorable panda and I got a big box of toosie rolls from a family friend.  :(  Or the time my sister got SS Gusty (who I LOVED) and I got...I can't even remember.  Maybe it was earrings or lip gloss or something a young lady would like to wear.  I wanted ponies.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 05:41:52 AM »
Awww, so many cute pony stories, keep them coming please!!!
Ive got two little stories to share, first is about my daughter. She will be 11yo in about 2 weeks but when she was 4yo, she wanted that big Styling Pony Starcatcher so badly. It was pretty expensive back then (about 30€) and we were very short of money those days. Somehow that fact came to her attention, still dont know how she knew, but then one, day a little before her birthday, she said the following : "Mama, I want Starcatcher so badly, but its ok. Lets wait until Christmas, because if Santa brings him, you wont have to worry about the price since you wont need to pay him!" ... I still get teary eyes when I think about it, it was sooo thoughful. She of course got her dreampony and she was soo happy with him... and she still is! Just last week I found him sitting in the shower after she must have taken him there to wash and style the hair <3

Another memory, a much older one, is from christmas when I was 9yo. We were at my grandma´s home then, the christmas tree was decorated with candy (the first time I saw that!) and I was sooo excited!! You know, in Germany we get presents on christmas eve, usually when it starts getting dark and I was sitting at the window, trying to force the sun to go down faster. When I was tired of staring I wandered around the christmas tree and secretly picked some candy... it fell down and when I picked it up I saw a huge box, nicely wrapped in childish wrapping paper, under the tree. What could it be?? Needless to say I was on fire lol... I remember I had to go to the bedroom then to wait until all presents were put under the tree and it literally latest "years" until I was allowed to come out. When I came into the living room, the candles where lit and christmas music came from the radio... but all I wanted was to know about the big box I had seen, so I immidiately unwrapped it! It was the SHOW STABLE <3 And I loooooved it so much. I also got a Dance N Prance Pony that day, it was Player and I loved her green body. I was a little disappointed that she didnt have wings like she had on the promotion pic but well, I adored the way the danced on my grandmas best plate <3

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 05:43:29 AM by Einhornbaby »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal