collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to entertain a little lady for Christmas?  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
How to entertain a little lady for Christmas?
« on: November 06, 2014, 06:58:26 AM »
I hope the weird title helps XD

Sooo in Christmas Eve, my cousins and me usually play videogames together until dinner/Santa. But this year, we're going to invite two more cousins - one of them is too young to play with us (6 years, the 'grown-ups' are from 14 to 18) and I'm afraid she'll get bored. Do you have any ideas to keep her entertained until Santa arrives? I don't want her to watch TV all night while we play videogames =/

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Re: How to entertain a little lady for Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 07:07:24 AM »
Make her go to midnight mass.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 07:12:39 AM »
Coloring books?  Most kids like those. But NOT the activity books (so all my friends with little ones say!).  Maybe find out if she likes Hello Kitty, MLP, or whatever, and get a new color book and new box of crayons for her.  An age-appropriate puzzle might be fun.  Wal-Mart, Big Lots, and Tuesday Morning usually stock kids puzzles.  ETA: Just saw that you are in Spain so maybe you don't have those stores!  Big Lots and Tuesday Morning are like discount chains and have new toys a little cheaper than normal retail if you have any place like that to check out!

Does she know card games like Go Fish or Crazy 8s?  The "big kids" might have to take turns playing with her.  Unless she's shy, she'll want to play with all of you and it isn't really fair to leave her on her own all night.  SORRY is an awesome board game that is fun for kids and adults.  You just have to count basically, so I'm sure she could do that one.  My family still plays that together and we're all over 30!  LOL!

If you have any dolls or ponies that need their hair styled (and you don't mind her messing with them), that might be a good project, too.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:17:27 AM by Aadra310 »

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 07:16:40 AM »
Lol... actually, you have an excellent group! You should start the evening by caroling in your neighborhood, followed by a little holiday lights tour (provided a responsible driver is available). Alternatively if no ride is available, you should all go skating or sledding or build a snowman... then head home for some hot cider and cocoa. The rest of the evening you can play super fun board games, dance, organize a "Gift Grab Dice Game" and maybe play a few video games when you are winding down.

Get into the Christmas Spirit!

Actually, even if you are not "religious", midnight mass can be amazing. I'm not a regular church-goer but I look forward to the amazing choir and spiritual intensity at St. Agnes church on the holiest of nights.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 12:22:45 PM »
Bake cookies for Santa! That's always fun and it involves alot of eating cookies so that's fun too. Or have a silly costume contest that involves putting together outfits for Christmas decorations (tinsel, garland, ornaments, etc).

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline ponyqueen

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 02:47:07 PM »
Bake cookies for Santa! That's always fun and it involves alot of eating cookies so that's fun too. Or have a silly costume contest that involves putting together outfits for Christmas decorations (tinsel, garland, ornaments, etc).

yes!!!! baking!!

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 03:43:23 PM »
Something messy. It was always a messy craft project that kept the young one busy while the rest of us were doing something else.

I would give her a movie, ask her what she wants to watch, and park her in front of a separate TV.  Then also provide things to play with. At 6, she's going to have a short attention span so lots of variety is key. When she gets bored with one thing, introduce something new. Coloring books are good, paper and scissors are good. An Ipad would certainly do the job! A few bait or fakie ponies to play with, and maybe a playset?

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 04:26:03 PM »
Trying to think as a 6 year old here, do you have any Pokemon games laying around that you either haven't used extensively/are willing to part with a save file?
Okay, I'm kind of thinking of what I would want as a 6 year old, but Pokemon seems to be something to keep a kid busy for a while.

Barring that, is there any games you could teach her to play that is appropriate for her age?
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 04:42:55 PM »
Coloring, simple crafts, legos...

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 02:09:18 AM »
It really depends on the child. Craft, making jewelry (stringing beads or making loom band bracelets), construction toys, playdough. There are heaps of kids activities to keep young ones entertained, just a matter of figuring out her interests. Kids are always kept busy with craft or baking.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 10:28:36 AM »
making garland out of tubes of paper (chain style) or popcorn?  Getting a separate area for her to decorate?  Bake something?

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 10:34:56 PM »
We got in trouble once for sneaking orange soda into my room and having a tea party, and we might have just gotten a slap on the wrist if we didn't decide to throw toilet paper streamers afterwards. My mother was livid. But maybe if you planned it, it won't be so bad. :lol:

Just trying to think like a six-year-old. Kids love creative messes like that!

Good luck, and I hope you guys have a blast!

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 11:36:49 AM »
Most 6 year olds that I have met like to play video games. She may want to play video games also- maybe you could just take turns playing child friendly video games.

As far as card games go UNO is always fun :) My cousins and I have played that for years and years.

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal