collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: It's Begun  (Read 1734 times)

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
It's Begun
« on: October 31, 2014, 12:21:15 PM »
On October 31st my mum dragged me into a dreaded conversation

'What do you want for Christmas'
A conversation where 'I don't know' and 'I don't think I want anything' and 'Well you said you'd get me some books from my course reading list' are not acceptable answers and I shall be badgered non-stop for at least two weeks because otherwise it's 'too late'

Save me!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline Pikaboo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Pikaboo's Ponies
Re: It's Begun
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 12:30:16 PM »
I know the feeling.  My mom-in-law started asking for wishlists a month ago. :|

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 12:30:47 PM »
My family has an equally hard time with me (I think I'm easy) but I do know they are clueless so I force myself to go over to amazon.com and add a bunch of stuff to my amazon wishlist.

IE art supplies, maybe some ponies (like those mini pops I wouldn't have bought otherwise), some books, squishy expensive socks, flannel sheets, a robe maybe? You know, the kind of stuff you want but you wouldn't get for yourself?

You can probably even put books from your course reading on there ;)

Ooop- just noticed you are in England, but I assume the amazon.uk version works the same?

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 12:40:51 PM »
My family has an equally hard time with me (I think I'm easy) but I do know they are clueless so I force myself to go over to amazon.com and add a bunch of stuff to my amazon wishlist.

IE art supplies, maybe some ponies (like those mini pops I wouldn't have bought otherwise), some books, squishy expensive socks, flannel sheets, a robe maybe? You know, the kind of stuff you want but you wouldn't get for yourself?

You can probably even put books from your course reading on there ;)

Ooop- just noticed you are in England, but I assume the amazon.uk version works the same?

What doesn't help is I get the 'it can't be anything /expensive/' but then I ask for something cheapish and then it's like 'that's not enough' or I go 'Okay this' then I get 'you sure, you sure, you /sure/' reasoning which just frustrates me and makes me feel like I'm just going to second guess what I ask for.

And then there's the 'And I have a feeling I can't ask for anything related to my collecting stuff because they just find it weird'

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline mopthebunny

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Oooh, who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 12:50:27 PM »
I have exactly the same problem :/ If I could think of anything more to say I would lol. I want to know what everyone else thinks too

Signature by LordBlumiere

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 01:30:36 PM »
LOL I can't wait for Christmas! I'm so so so excited! I don't really know what I want but I'm having fun picking stuff for other people.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 01:49:43 PM »
I'm kind of in the same boat. I've come up with two things I want, but to divide two things between seven people? I don't know what to doooooo :(

Offline Karma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Unofficial My Little Pony Museum
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 01:52:39 PM »
I got tired of that question, so I went on Amazon and started wishlisting anything I might sort of want. My family now has thousands of things to choose from.  :lol:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 02:59:26 PM »
Cash or gift cards.  Ha ha, nah, that's just what I WISH people would get me.  But they never do.  Or else food.  Get me food!

I wish my parents would stop giving me clothes because I never like what they get me, it's usually not returnable (likely from a thrift store), and I just end up donating it.  They also have a talent for picking fabrics that attract cat hair like crazy.

(I don't mind stuff from thrift stores, I just don't like the style of things they get.)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 03:28:17 PM »
lol, I'm one of those who Christmas shops all year long!  I LOVE Christmas time!  My brother tells me every year that if I get him anything before Thanksgiving, he won't open it, so I like to send him texts in like August like "You're gonna LOVE Christmas this year!"  He still opens what I get him ;)

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 03:39:13 PM »
I wish I had your problems. My mom just gets me whatever she happens to find that she thinks I might want (which is usually pretty nice, but still). I always DO give her a wishlist and I almost always get nothing on it.

But the truth of the matter is that I pretty much always get ponies (and always have my entire life), so that's cool. And that's why everyone thinks I'm the easiest person in the world to buy presents for. "Oh Kirsten? I can check her off the list right away. I'll just go pick up a pony or some pony merch!"

My brother on the other hand... He doesn't watch DVDs. He doesn't really play Video Games. He doesn't listen to music. He doesn't read. He doesn't collect anything. What do you get for someone like that? I pretty much always get him silly bands for Christmas as a joke.

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2014, 03:49:16 PM »
You can all swap with me if you like.  I haven't had a Christmas gift from any of my family in five years.  Or a birthday one, come to think of it... :P  Well, I guess it saves on the stress of making wish lists.  They still expect me to give gifts to all of them though...so I don't even save money there to spend on the kind of things I'd love to receive as gifts!  Kind of one sided if you ask me! :P

(Merry Christmas from Old Scrooge)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 04:19:57 PM »
I tell my parents what I want, but it's never what I really 'want'. They just won't buy me MIB g1's... Getting a new toilet for x-mas. Don't feel bad about any presents that you get... LOL

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2014, 09:32:32 AM »
They haven't started but I can feel it approaching ._.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2014, 12:55:33 PM »
I'm the opposite. When someone asks what I want for Christmas, I say, "I want this and this and this..." :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal