collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November  (Read 69201 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November
« Reply #765 on: January 09, 2015, 02:17:27 PM »
This is unrelated to Celestia and Luna, but I didn't want to start up a new thread and there was some discussion of the Rainbow Dash variants earlier...

PopCultcha now has Target exclusive Funko Black Glitter RD in stock. In the stock photo she is shown in a black box, whereas the Metalic variant is shown in a white box. Shrug, just in case anyone was interested where ponies are being stocked internationally. :)
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline Karma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Unofficial My Little Pony Museum
« Reply #766 on: January 09, 2015, 02:38:55 PM »
My little story came to it's final conclusion. So, After asking for a refund, I waited the suitable amount of time for the money to come back to me. It didn't, so I sent a message to them and they said they weren't sure where it went wrong, but it was probably on Paypal's end (suuuuureeee) and offered to send a gift card to cover the amount and a bit more. I looked over at my free Luna, shrugged and went "Sure." It arrived today, so when things around the house calm down a bit or I discover a friend who won't hate doing everything for me on a shopping trip, I'll go to one of my hot topics, get myself some birthday gifts. 

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: January 09, 2015, 04:23:53 PM »
PopCultcha now has Target exclusive Funko Black Glitter RD in stock. In the stock photo she is shown in a black box, whereas the Metalic variant is shown in a white box. Shrug, just in case anyone was interested where ponies are being stocked internationally. :)

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered one from Popcultcha as it ended up being about 10 euros less than buying from Ebay would have been.

Shipping costs at Popcultcha does not to make any sense. Shipping for this was almost half of what it would have been for glitter Celestia POP figure (Hot Topic exclusive), which is smaller and weights less.

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #768 on: January 09, 2015, 06:12:17 PM »
I bought one of the broken Lunas at Hot Topic today, and in putting her together, I think I figured out why the tails like to break so much on these.

When I put mine back together, her tail had apparently been installed in a slightly crooked fashion. Since the packaging is so specific to the product, the tail ended up resting up against the packaging in a way it wasn't supposed to, causing it to break at its weakest point

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: January 09, 2015, 06:20:56 PM »
I found a glitter Celestia tonight, but I already have one so I'm holding on to this one for trading purposes.  Even though it seems like a bunch of people are already asking to trade glitter Celestia for glitter Luna, so I probably won't have any luck on that front.  >_<
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #770 on: January 09, 2015, 06:24:57 PM »
I bought one of the broken Lunas at Hot Topic today, and in putting her together, I think I figured out why the tails like to break so much on these.

When I put mine back together, her tail had apparently been installed in a slightly crooked fashion. Since the packaging is so specific to the product, the tail ended up resting up against the packaging in a way it wasn't supposed to, causing it to break at its weakest point
I had posted back in November about the broken tail on one of the Lunas that I first received ,luckily I was checking them at the store and returned it right away .

It makes sense as to why they are braking , so they have to be glued back and display out of the box or make the resting plastic change to the tail's crookedness requirements .
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: January 10, 2015, 05:26:21 PM »
This is unrelated to Celestia and Luna, but I didn't want to start up a new thread and there was some discussion of the Rainbow Dash variants earlier...

Please start new threads for new discussions :)

We decided to not have main spam threads for Funko as information was getting lost and they were too fast moving to keep an eye on.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: January 10, 2015, 10:35:59 PM »
I'm pretty picky about my Funkos since so many of them have such bad flaws, but against my better judgment I ordered Celestia and Luna online during Hot Topic's last sale. Hearing about Celestias that couldn't stand, Lunas with broken tails, and bent horns all around didn't ease my worries any! They arrived today, and I was so relieved to see that both Celestia and Luna are actually really nice with no major flaws. Luna is just absolutely gorgeous all around. Her hair is so amazing and she's just perfect overall! Celestia is nice too, but I really don't like the cheap brittle plastic feel of her hair! I suppose it was for stability reasons, but if Luna can stand without toppling I'd think Celestia would be able to too! I'm also not a fan of the pink in her hair. It's too dark and makes the whole figure look kind of muddy. I almost feel like her hair should be semi-translucent to give it that ethereal look like it has in the show.

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline Bergamot

• View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #773 on: January 11, 2015, 06:50:18 AM »
I love the overall look of Celestia, but I was quite disappointed to see that her hair wasn't translucent, too!

I'm glad your ponies look good! That's the tricky thing about Funko. At their best, their pieces are incredible. At their worst, they leave a lot to be desired. The quality really is all over the place!

It's strange that Celestia ended up being the easiest to come across. Wasn't she the one that got held up at the docks originally?

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: January 11, 2015, 07:05:59 AM »
Are more Hot Topics getting Luna in? I wish HT wasn't so far away from me. The two nearest me are both at least an hour away and involve busy highways to drive on. Ugh. But I want Luna so bad. She's stunning!
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Karma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Unofficial My Little Pony Museum
« Reply #775 on: January 11, 2015, 10:54:27 AM »
totally thought my story was over. Guess not XD the gift cards they sent me in lieu of a refund don't "actually exist." They exist in the physical sense, in that they are little bits of plastic with numbers on them, but if you try to use them, Hot Topics computer system says informs them there is no gift card with that sequence of numbers.
Third strike, hot topic.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: January 11, 2015, 11:03:24 AM »
totally thought my story was over. Guess not XD the gift cards they sent me in lieu of a refund don't "actually exist." They exist in the physical sense, in that they are little bits of plastic with numbers on them, but if you try to use them, Hot Topics computer system says informs them there is no gift card with that sequence of numbers.
Third strike, hot topic.
Wow...just...wow.  :shocked:  HT just cant seem to do anything right. Sorry that you have to go through all of this in the first place.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Bergamot

• View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #777 on: January 11, 2015, 01:14:03 PM »
Karma, that's terrible! :( I hope they make good on it (again!) and make it worth your time.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: January 11, 2015, 01:38:40 PM »
Are more Hot Topics getting Luna in? I wish HT wasn't so far away from me. The two nearest me are both at least an hour away and involve busy highways to drive on. Ugh. But I want Luna so bad. She's stunning!

On Friday, my fiance and I called the 6 Hot Topic stores around us and a few of them had Luna
(I think 3 out of the 6). We went out to one because they had a glitter Celestia and held it for us (I figured I could use the extra to trade or sell to get glitter Luna) and they had one Luna up on the highest shelf.  It actually seemed like they had added ANOTHER high shelf because, even as two people who are tall, my fiance and myself were unable to actually see her.  >_<
Instagram / Want List

Iris Patch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #779 on: January 11, 2015, 08:04:48 PM »
I think I'm giving up, the stress is too great- putting in bids on eBay for both variations of Luna. I'd rather just have it at this point than chase the seemingly-impossible dream of buying it in-store. This is the kind of unfun collecting. :/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal