collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November  (Read 69075 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November
« Reply #495 on: December 16, 2014, 11:22:07 AM »
My local HT had 9 Celestias on display.  The lady behind the counter said they got them in that morning, so I asked about the glitter one.  She paused and gave me a look like she was wondering how I knew about it or something, then said she hadn't seen one but I was free to look through the ones on display.  They didn't have one out so I decided to take one and get in line, then ask about the glitter again when it was my turn to pay (and ask about Luna, because seriously, I need a Luna), but 10 minutes later I hadn't moved an inch so I put Celestia back and left. 

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 16, 2014, 11:26:09 AM »
My local HT had 9 Celestias on display.  The lady behind the counter said they got them in that morning, so I asked about the glitter one.  She paused and gave me a look like she was wondering how I knew about it or something, then said she hadn't seen one but I was free to look through the ones on display.  They didn't have one out so I decided to take one and get in line, then ask about the glitter again when it was my turn to pay (and ask about Luna, because seriously, I need a Luna), but 10 minutes later I hadn't moved an inch so I put Celestia back and left.
I've had something similar happen while at Hot Topic before.  I love the employees at my local one, I really do, but they only ever have one person at the register and that confuses me.  Plus the store is so tiny that the line gets long pretty quick.  :yikes:
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Karma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Unofficial My Little Pony Museum
« Reply #497 on: December 16, 2014, 11:34:37 AM »
I can't even get into the stores. I tend to shop in a wheelchair because my back can't stand the walking and standing. I've never met a hot topic where I could ever get around. I'm way more fond of Amazon for that reason.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 16, 2014, 11:37:00 AM »
I've had something similar happen while at Hot Topic before.  I love the employees at my local one, I really do, but they only ever have one person at the register and that confuses me.  Plus the store is so tiny that the line gets long pretty quick.  :yikes:

Tell me about it!  After I left I wandered down to BAB to pick up a Celestia for my niece, and on my way back to the car about 10 minutes later I passed the lady who had been in front of me in line at HT coming out of the store!  I was on my lunch hour, ain't no one got time for that. 

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 16, 2014, 12:06:46 PM »
I hate Hot Topic's store layout. All the stores are so small. At least with my store, there is usually at least two people there that can do the register, so it is never really too long to wait in line.

At least HT'ss tore layout is much better than IKEA's - whoever designed that store layout needs to be slapped. xD
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 16, 2014, 12:55:58 PM »
IKEA makes me cry.  Seriously, the layout is terrible.

I actually went to a Hot Topic that was huuuuuge!  It was in one of those outlet mall type places though, so that may have been why.  It was so weird though, actually having room to walk around.
Instagram / Want List

Offline LunarEclipse

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #501 on: December 16, 2014, 01:28:54 PM »
I can't even get into the stores. I tend to shop in a wheelchair because my back can't stand the walking and standing. I've never met a hot topic where I could ever get around. I'm way more fond of Amazon for that reason.

THIS so much! They recently renovated my local HT store and it's even worse than before. The displays/ shelves are so close together you can barely move through the store. They wound up removing one of the displays (at least around Black Friday when the store was really crowded). From a retail standpoint it makes no sense because it's easier for people to steal when visibility around the store is so bad.

Want to trade art for ponies? || art tag on Tumblr || G1 want list || G4 want list || Vintage LPS want list

The Doctor

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #502 on: December 16, 2014, 02:44:53 PM »
Got a shipping notice.  Celestia and Luna will save Christmas!

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 16, 2014, 04:44:51 PM »
I walked into a HT that I usually don't go to (only because every time I call, they are just really ditzy...)

They had an assortment of Funkos.  Okay, so, the store I normally go to has only the most recently released ponies.  My second store of choice: rarely has any ponies left after the first two weeks of a release...

This place: Blue Discord, Discord, Metallic RD, Rarity, Daring, Apple Jack, Trixie, Twilight...so many of them!  I wonder if they took back someone's return.  It was so weird seeing such a variety!  XD

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #504 on: December 16, 2014, 04:48:38 PM »
Yea I have seen that before its cool one store has Big Mac, Aj, Rainbow Dash, Discord, Blue Discord, Rarity, Daring, and Spitfire I think.

For Sale Wants

Offline Judhudson

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 16, 2014, 06:48:18 PM »
Picked up my order today!  Sad to say, Luna has two huge blue paint spots missing on the tail - it seems like she wasn't fully dry when she was boxed up, as her tail paint stuck to the clear plastic of the box.  Ah well, can't win them all. 

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 16, 2014, 06:56:46 PM »
It's interesting that Celestia's mane and tail are hollow, but I don't think it's a big deal at all.  They both look beautiful in person!

My Hot Topic didn't have their stock of Celestia and Luna in yet, though.  Hopefully soon because I need to get those glitters!  :lol:
Instagram / Want List

Offline Melodia

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Eurobeat Pony
    • View Profile
    • My flickr
« Reply #507 on: December 16, 2014, 07:01:15 PM »
I found a Glitter Celestia in the wild today, they had just gotten a shipment of her. so Texas peeps keep an eye out ^_^

Happy!  :bunny:

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 16, 2014, 07:04:04 PM »
I found a Glitter Celestia in the wild today, they had just gotten a shipment of her. so Texas peeps keep an eye out ^_^

Lucky duck!  :silly: The good thing is that if they're showing up in Texas, that means they're slowly making their way here to the east coast!
Instagram / Want List

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #509 on: December 16, 2014, 09:46:31 PM »

WOW Congrats that is awesome
I was out in another town close to Houston visiting my sister and I stopped by the HT on my way back, they had 4 Celestias at the Store :) no glitters,
the cashier lady said "ohh we have  a limit on these "  "I will just ring 2 and 2 on separate transactions " and there was no BS like with the other store :)
LOL
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal