collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November  (Read 69289 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November
« Reply #465 on: December 15, 2014, 04:37:10 PM »
20:49:13 (so 8:49pm, but I don't know if that's EST...)
If it's the time from the website, then it'll be PST.  Mine said 6am, but I placed my order at 9am our time.  ^.^  By the way, does anyone actually know what auto-checked means?
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 15, 2014, 04:42:56 PM »
I will be talking to the District Manager , this manager which is in the store closest to me, is making up new pollicies,I called the other stores and the only items with limits are the Comic Con Exclusives .
I went to the store and told her to her face that and she was like " the District Manager will be handling your case "
She was refusing still to sell me at least one ,I told her that she had said to me the limit was one, and I drove to the store as I had told her over the phone,she was all like "well since you have a case with the District Manager I won't sell any to you "
I told her " I did not drive all the way here for you to change your policy for the second time on me "
then she walked to the back and brought only one Celestia and  allowed me to purchase it  !
I'm so mad about this  :mad: :mad: :mad:
I called the 1800 number and the rep placed a request for a manager to call me back .

What terrible customer service. I hope she gets reminded by management that customers end up paying her check and she should treat them better! I can understand if they are making new policies but to try and refuse to sell you even 1 is ridiculous and petty.
Yes the whole thing is changing with them

I just called another store asking for Celestia and the glitters and the new limit policy ,looks like indeed there is one for the new items, 3 I was told at this last store , something about preventing people from selling them on ebay.
guess is a good deal ,but  if I wanted more I just take my niece and nephew with me and we are up to 9 ponies LOL  add my 4 sisters and Mom LOL we are up 24 ,and I got more nephews and nieces ,so .............you know what I mean .... is just a fail  at the end.

aaaaand how does that make sense?   Sorry, but I sold pre-orders on eBay (like a few others are doing) so I could offset the cost of a bulk order.

So, they're limiting to 3 to prevent eBay sales...unless they had 3 glitters, that just doesn't make any sense to me.

I understand the company wants to make a profit (which they are doing) and the local stores are trying to maximize sales...while cutting down on insane people *cough* pony collectors from calling in constantly...while trying to make their regular customers happy...and...and...gah, I don't see the logic in this for a "standard issue" pony.

I know DMs can make up any rules they want within reason (i.e. upholding HT's standards).  They could always say to order online...

I don't know!  I really don't.  Collecting these is so *buy some apples* frustrating!  :razz:

Post Merge: December 15, 2014, 04:46:42 PM

If it's the time from the website, then it'll be PST.  Mine said 6am, but I placed my order at 9am our time.  ^.^  By the way, does anyone actually know what auto-checked means?

I asked customer service this, once, and they gave me some hairbrained answer.  Apparently is the step right before shipping.

I asked if the "auto" means a robot does it :lol:  I didn't get a yes or a no.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 04:47:06 PM by LittleSpiffy »

Offline LunarEclipse

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #467 on: December 15, 2014, 04:51:39 PM »
Not that this is much help, but I called customer service just now to try and get some idea of what's going on with my order. After more than 20 minutes of being on hold.... I gave up. I'm really worried because according to the site, my items/ order was delivered, except it wasn't- all I got out of the three items was Twilight Sparkle. It seems like according to their system, my order was fulfilled. So far, the store hasn't been any help, customer service through e-mail hasn't been any help, and I can't get anybody on the phone. I haven't gotten so much as an e-mail update. Pretty frustrated- it's not so much about the ponies as getting something I paid for. :\ Even if I wanted to cancel the order I don't think I could since I can't get anybody on the phone. I hope others are having better luck than me.

Want to trade art for ponies? || art tag on Tumblr || G1 want list || G4 want list || Vintage LPS want list

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 15, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
Not that this is much help, but I called customer service just now to try and get some idea of what's going on with my order. After more than 20 minutes of being on hold.... I gave up. I'm really worried because according to the site, my items/ order was delivered, except it wasn't- all I got out of the three items was Twilight Sparkle. It seems like according to their system, my order was fulfilled. So far, the store hasn't been any help, customer service through e-mail hasn't been any help, and I can't get anybody on the phone. I haven't gotten so much as an e-mail update. Pretty frustrated- it's not so much about the ponies as getting something I paid for. :\ Even if I wanted to cancel the order I don't think I could since I can't get anybody on the phone. I hope others are having better luck than me.

Not to worry!  They'll send your other ponies shortly.

In the meanwhile, their Facebook team is SO AMAZINGLY BETTER than their customer service hotline.  Send a PM through FB with your order number and they'll get back to you asap (just make sure it's the corporate FB page & not a local store).  Hopefully this link will work:  https://www.facebook.com/hottopic

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #469 on: December 15, 2014, 05:00:32 PM »

In the meanwhile, their Facebook team is SO AMAZINGLY BETTER than their customer service hotline.  Send a PM through FB with your order number and they'll get back to you asap (just make sure it's the corporate FB page & not a local store).  Hopefully this link will work:  https://www.facebook.com/hottopic

Yup they helped me out very much, they told me all the orders should be out today and tomorrow, well have to wait and see I guess.

"We are super swamped and are trying to reply to customers as fast as we can. We have spoken to the warehouse supervisor who ensured us that orders are being shipped out based off of the date and time that the orders were placed and all orders will be shipped out no later than tomorrow. Sit tight, it will be shipped out soon!"

For Sale Wants

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 15, 2014, 05:03:08 PM »
Spiffy speaks the truth!  Messaging them on Facebook is a million times better than trying to call and deal with their customer service that way.
Instagram / Want List

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #471 on: December 15, 2014, 05:12:31 PM »

Thanks for sharing, I just sent them a message  asking about my pre orders and the saga of today with this manager
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 15, 2014, 05:33:08 PM »
Another day has passed and I still don't have shipping email, card charge or status change on my order history. My princesses, where art thou?

We have now gone pass the time, when it was realistic to expect these to arrive by Christmas. Couple of more days and I won't see my princesses before 2015.

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #473 on: December 15, 2014, 05:37:28 PM »
Another day has passed and I still don't have shipping email, card charge or status change on my order history. My princesses, where art thou?

We have now gone pass the time, when it was realistic to expect these to arrive by Christmas. Couple of more days and I won't see my princesses before 2015.
hope they ship them soon .

Post Merge: December 15, 2014, 05:41:32 PM

I Just read this on HT 
looks like if you ordered more than 5 ,they will treat you quite different than if you buy 4 !

Bulk Purchaser Policy
Hot Topic reserves the right to restrict, limit,  cancel or alter orders and the terms of purchase and return applicable to Bulk Purchasers.  The term “Bulk Purchaser” shall mean and include Purchasers for resale and Purchasers of greater than five (5) items of the same sku of Merchandise.

Bulk Purchasers who engage in the purchase of selling and reselling Hot Topic merchandise may not use any trademark, copyright or copyrighted materials, models or other intellectual property of Hot Topic without first obtaining written permission to do so.  This means that Bulk Purchasers may not use Hot Topic’s company name, trademarks or copyrights in a manner that implies a sponsorship or endorsement by Hot Topic, or hold themselves out as an affiliate of Hot Topic or any of its brands.

Bulk Purchasers may not return any Merchandise unless such Merchandise was defective when sold and was purchased at regular price.  All sales of discounted Merchandise to Bulk Purchasers are final.  Customers of Bulk Purchasers may not return Merchandise to Hot Topic.

Bulk Purchasers will not be entitled to the benefit of free shipping or discounted shipping options.

A shipping surcharge for bulk purchasers may be applied for at home or in store delivery.

Hot Topic reserves the right to refuse sales to bulk purchasers at any time.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:41:32 PM by HoustonCollector72 »
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     

The Doctor

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #474 on: December 15, 2014, 05:42:15 PM »
No shipping notice for me, but status is now "Auto-Checked", whatever that is.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 15, 2014, 06:10:57 PM »

I Just read this on HT 
looks like if you ordered more than 5 ,they will treat you quite different than if you buy 4 !

Bulk Purchaser Policy
Hot Topic reserves the right to restrict, limit,  cancel or alter orders and the terms of purchase and return applicable to Bulk Purchasers.  The term “Bulk Purchaser” shall mean and include Purchasers for resale and Purchasers of greater than five (5) items of the same sku of Merchandise.

Bulk Purchasers who engage in the purchase of selling and reselling Hot Topic merchandise may not use any trademark, copyright or copyrighted materials, models or other intellectual property of Hot Topic without first obtaining written permission to do so.  This means that Bulk Purchasers may not use Hot Topic’s company name, trademarks or copyrights in a manner that implies a sponsorship or endorsement by Hot Topic, or hold themselves out as an affiliate of Hot Topic or any of its brands.

Bulk Purchasers may not return any Merchandise unless such Merchandise was defective when sold and was purchased at regular price.  All sales of discounted Merchandise to Bulk Purchasers are final.  Customers of Bulk Purchasers may not return Merchandise to Hot Topic.

Bulk Purchasers will not be entitled to the benefit of free shipping or discounted shipping options.

A shipping surcharge for bulk purchasers may be applied for at home or in store delivery.

I think this is new (?)

I've never seen this before, but it makes sense they should have something like this since they're getting "exclusive" and "limited" merch.

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #476 on: December 15, 2014, 06:28:33 PM »

I Just read this on HT 

Bulk Purchaser Policy

I think this is new (?)

I've never seen this before, but it makes sense they should have something like this since they're getting "exclusive" and "limited" merch.
Never saw it before  until today when I made a new order for 5 Celestias
The orders I have received already ,were for 4 ponies ,I wonder if they are delaying orders of 5 and more because of this new policy ,or they are going to ship them last :(
I know now that my limit is 4 per order from now on

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 15, 2014, 06:49:26 PM »
Yeah, I think that's a new policy.

Totally makes sense, though.
Instagram / Want List

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 15, 2014, 06:57:20 PM »
I think the policy started a few weeks back. Or at least, I remember seeing it in their site sometime around when i pre-ordered Luna.

I am surprised they hadn't done it sooner, and maybe this explains why when Celestia/Luna pre-orders first came it during a "non-Hot Cash Code" promo.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Princess Luna &amp; Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November
« Reply #479 on: December 15, 2014, 07:08:03 PM »

I will be talking to the District Manager , this manager which is in the store closest to me, is making up new pollicies,I called the other stores and the only items with limits are the Comic Con Exclusives .
I went to the store and told her to her face that and she was like " the District Manager will be handling your case "
She was refusing still to sell me at least one ,I told her that she had said to me the limit was one, and I drove to the store as I had told her over the phone,she was all like "well since you have a case with the District Manager I won't sell any to you "
I told her " I did not drive all the way here for you to change your policy for the second time on me "
then she walked to the back and brought only one Celestia and  allowed me to purchase it  !
I'm so mad about this  :mad: :mad: :mad:
I called the 1800 number and the rep placed a request for a manager to call me back .

What terrible customer service. I hope she gets reminded by management that customers end up paying her check and she should treat them better! I can understand if they are making new policies but to try and refuse to sell you even 1 is ridiculous and petty.
Yes the whole thing is changing with them

I just called another store asking for Celestia and the glitters and the new limit policy ,looks like indeed there is one for the new items, 3 I was told at this last store , something about preventing people from selling them on ebay.
guess is a good deal ,but  if I wanted more I just take my niece and nephew with me and we are up to 9 ponies LOL  add my 4 sisters and Mom LOL we are up 24 ,and I got more nephews and nieces ,so .............you know what I mean .... is just a fail  at the end.

aaaaand how does that make sense?   Sorry, but I sold pre-orders on eBay (like a few others are doing) so I could offset the cost of a bulk order.

So, they're limiting to 3 to prevent eBay sales...unless they had 3 glitters, that just doesn't make any sense to me.

I understand the company wants to make a profit (which they are doing) and the local stores are trying to maximize sales...while cutting down on insane people *cough* pony collectors from calling in constantly...while trying to make their regular customers happy...and...and...gah, I don't see the logic in this for a "standard issue" pony.

I know DMs can make up any rules they want within reason (i.e. upholding HT's standards).  They could always say to order online...

I don't know!  I really don't.  Collecting these is so *buy some apples* frustrating!  :razz:

Post Merge: December 15, 2014, 04:46:42 PM

I asked customer service this, once, and they gave me some hairbrained answer.  Apparently is the step right before shipping.

I asked if the "auto" means a robot does it :lol:  I didn't get a yes or a no.

Because one person would go in and buy up all the stock. And then the next person to go in would have no choice but to turn to ebay where they end up paying $30-$50 for a $10 item.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal