collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November  (Read 69309 times)

Offline halicabi

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November
« Reply #645 on: December 22, 2014, 03:21:48 PM »
Well, I'm another one whose order was incorrect. 

In early November, I ordered 2 each of Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Blue Discord. Was I happy with the long wait, no, but at least I was getting them, right? Right??? Wrong!

My box arrived Friday, and I happily anticipated picking the best one of each for myself, then wrapping the other ones for my daughter.  Alas, there was only 1 of each in the box.  After calling Hot Topic, and being on hold for more than 30 minutes, I finally talk to someone.

"Oops, someone in the warehouse made a mistake."
"Sorry, they are out-of-stock."

After being placed on hold several times, I'm finally told that my nearest Hot Topic "might" honor the sales price I paid, but they only had Blue Discord and Princess Celestia.  I only need to go to the store, have the store call them, so that they can authorize the price adjustment.

During the phone call, both my children came home from school.  (At this point, I should mentioned they get home 45 minutes apart!)  We go to the store, and after explaining the situation and another phone call, the store honors the price I paid.

Believe it or not, there is a silver lining.  Although I only received 1 Princess Celestia and 1 Princess Luna, both were glitters!!! 

Of course, now I'm on the hunt for 2 regular Princess Luna's, but things could have been worse.

halicabi

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar and Sig drawn by my 5 year-old daughter (at age 4).  Aren't they adorable????
**My how time flies, she's now 20 and in College!!! I need a new drawing**

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 22, 2014, 04:08:04 PM »
Well, I'm another one whose order was incorrect. 

In early November, I ordered 2 each of Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Blue Discord. Was I happy with the long wait, no, but at least I was getting them, right? Right??? Wrong!

My box arrived Friday, and I happily anticipated picking the best one of each for myself, then wrapping the other ones for my daughter.  Alas, there was only 1 of each in the box.  After calling Hot Topic, and being on hold for more than 30 minutes, I finally talk to someone.

"Oops, someone in the warehouse made a mistake."
"Sorry, they are out-of-stock."

After being placed on hold several times, I'm finally told that my nearest Hot Topic "might" honor the sales price I paid, but they only had Blue Discord and Princess Celestia.  I only need to go to the store, have the store call them, so that they can authorize the price adjustment.

During the phone call, both my children came home from school.  (At this point, I should mentioned they get home 45 minutes apart!)  We go to the store, and after explaining the situation and another phone call, the store honors the price I paid.

Believe it or not, there is a silver lining.  Although I only received 1 Princess Celestia and 1 Princess Luna, both were glitters!!! 

Of course, now I'm on the hunt for 2 regular Princess Luna's, but things could have been worse.

halicabi

Oh wow, congrats! Sucks that your order wasn't entirely correct, but two glitters in one order? That's pretty amazing.  ^.^
Instagram / Want List

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 22, 2014, 04:23:25 PM »
Scored a glitter Luna today! So happy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline sheena

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 22, 2014, 04:34:56 PM »
Is Luna showing up in stores yet? 

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #649 on: December 22, 2014, 04:42:46 PM »
Is Luna showing up in stores yet? 

Only the ones from a long time ago well before Celestia in states such as Cali, Nevada, and Texas I believe but no where else.

For Sale Wants

Offline Dulci

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 22, 2014, 05:14:52 PM »
Originally I'd ordered a set only for Hottopic.com to reject my order.

So I re-did it a few days later (having to go through making an account which I hated)
and apparently they both were processed

So I ended up with two plain ones each.  Debating on whether to brave the mall around Christmas to return them or just post them for sale.  I like HT's stuff but I hate dealing with them...
WANTED:
 - Nirvana Glory(s)      - Nirvana Moondancers
PM me if you're selling :)

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #651 on: December 22, 2014, 08:10:10 PM »
I sent a message to my local Hot Topic's Facebook page about Luna, and they said that they had received a few with their Celestia shipment over the weekend. It looks like she has made it to the East Coast, but in very limited numbers!

(Also, RATS! I missed her, too! :( I would have loved a regular Luna.)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 22, 2014, 08:48:43 PM »
Okay, I am getting beyond angry.  I just got this FB message from Hot Topic:

"Hi [name], when would be the best time to have FedEx go to our home to do the driver follow up and investigation?"

Okay...

1) I can only assume they mean "your" when they said "our."
2) The box was shipped to a store...so...I don't know if he needs to talk to me or them...
3) WHY THE HECK DO I NEED TO TAKE MORE TIME OUT OF MY DAY TO WAIT AROUND FOR A FEDEX DRIVER TO GET MY MONEY BACK FROM HOT TOPIC?!?!?!?!?!?!?! 

I do plan on being at home tomorrow, but COME ON!  Really?  Really?  As if the phone calls I made about the pre-order weren't bad enough?  Oh, yeah, and TWO HOURS at the store...that was fun...now you want me to take MORE of my time because HT and/or HT's employees "stole" from me?!?!?!

I sent this back:

"I'm sorry - I don't understand the question.  I had my order shipped to the Exton, PA store.  If the driver needs to come to my home, I should be available any time during the day on 12/23"

Oh, also, I happened to be at a local mall today: 6 Celestias, no glitters, no Luna

Me: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :enraged: :yikes:

edit:  Okay, so I have to sign a legal document stating the items were missing.  Makes sense, but I am still angry that I need to invest more of my time on this.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 08:53:26 PM by LittleSpiffy »

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 22, 2014, 09:02:25 PM »
Finally shipped (=shipping label printed). See you in 2015 my princesses.

Offline Eily311

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 22, 2014, 09:49:06 PM »
I went to hot topic yesterday and I saw a few celestias and I managed to find a glitter celestia. That was my first time finding a glitter at ht. So I held  it up with my jaw on the floor showing my husband. Lol his eyes opened wide. Lol so I'm a bit confused. How did they have so many celestias and no lunas?! Wasn't Luna released before celestia? This has been such a stressful wave.

Instagram: Eily311MLP
Eily311 (personal page)

Iris Patch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #655 on: December 22, 2014, 10:20:52 PM »
I finally got the call! My HT is holding a Luna for me so I can pick it up tomorrow. Apparently they got ONE Luna in the whole shipment, so I am very glad that employee remembered I was looking for it.
She gave me a heart attack when she called, told me, "it's sparkly!" I think I made this really overdramatic gasp and she went on to say "one strip of her hair is glittery, it looks really cool!" Ha. So not a glitter, but still, I was beginning to wonder if I'd even see the regular version in stores.

Now for the glitter hunt. u_u I am not looking forward to it.

OH by the way when I visited HT last one employee looked on the computer to see what stores had Luna- as of Friday there were five Lunas in the Charlotte, NC store, which is four hours away- useless information for me but maybe it'll help one of you! I bet they're sold out by now though. Wish I'd remembered to post right after I came home.

Anyway- I'm a deboxer so I'll have a thread with pictures of my Luna and a short review when I get it.

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #656 on: December 23, 2014, 12:28:43 AM »
I am absolutly astonished ya'll are finding glitters THIS close to Xmas in HT stores!!! :O. Hmmm I would check mine out, but my husband refuses to shop or be out on the road the week before the holidays. I want to see some pictures of your glitters guys!!!

Habicali, that is AMAZING luck getting 2 glitters in the mail!! I cant believe that PICTURES PLEEEEASE! :D

Post Merge: December 23, 2014, 01:03:15 AM

Oh gawd, sorry to hear that Spiffy!!! If you still continue to collect funko, I recondmend having them shipped to your home from now on. Stupid HT and this wave.... such a dissaster!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:03:15 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Karma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Unofficial My Little Pony Museum
« Reply #657 on: December 23, 2014, 06:51:12 AM »
In my case, I'm getting a refund. They're also trying to bribe me to return after this by sending me a Luna overnight. Or they're just being nice. I just made me laugh that they couldn't manage to send the first shipment, so they're sending me a slightly different shipment XD

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #658 on: December 23, 2014, 07:33:57 AM »
^LOL! Thwy couldnt handle shipping your Luna the first time, so they are sending you a Luna overnight!?? xD Thats hilarious! I hope you do get Luna though!! ;)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #659 on: December 23, 2014, 11:26:17 AM »
shipping to your home I think is best from now on, The 5 dllrs is worth it,but even one of the orders that came home were not complete and I'm getting a refund ,wait no, that was the one the store received ,I went to pick up another box and that one was sealed and complete :) got home and there were 2 lunas on the mail from another order that arrived incomplete , so only 1 order incomplete so far
and one was split and delayed ,still one pending.
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal