collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November  (Read 67456 times)

Niksilp

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Funko Princess Luna & Celestia pre-order @ Hot Topic! Arriving November
« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2014, 03:26:23 PM »
Both the Hot Topics I called today said they hadn't gotten any notification yet of when they were getting this month's releases in, so they weren't sure when they would.

Still hoping I get a shipment of Lunas this week though!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2014, 03:45:10 PM »
Ooh I want that Luna.  I usually wait until stores like TRU get her or a store called The Toy Vault but my TRU hasn't even gotten Big Mac or Apple Jack (as far as I know) but I got Apple Jack at The Toy Vault.  Big Mac I bought from a member here.  ^.^

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2014, 03:49:21 PM »
Ooh I want that Luna.  I usually wait until stores like TRU get her or a store called The Toy Vault but my TRU hasn't even gotten Big Mac or Apple Jack (as far as I know) but I got Apple Jack at The Toy Vault.  Big Mac I bought from a member here.  ^.^

As far as I know TRU is clearing them out and not going to carry them anymore. These will be Hot Topic exclusives for months.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2014, 04:50:37 PM »
i know b&n has only gotten the new mini wave, but hasn't gotten any new characters of the regular sized ones since the first wave. though they keep getting more of those... makes no sense to me.

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2014, 06:05:55 AM »
I got an email from HT yesterday saying my order (1 luna and a tshirt) had shipped to the store and that I would get another email once it was *at* the store :)

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2014, 06:18:59 AM »
i know b&n has only gotten the new mini wave, but hasn't gotten any new characters of the regular sized ones since the first wave. though they keep getting more of those... makes no sense to me.
The regular vinyls almost always start out as Hot Topic exclusives, then it'll be several months before they pop up elsewhere.  The POP! figures aren't exclusives, so it's easier to find those in other places. 

Though it is odd that B&N hasn't gotten like...any of the ponies from this year.  I've noticed that.

Walmart has a surprisingly great selection of the regular vinyls.  At least the two Walmart's near where I live do.

Post Merge: November 05, 2014, 06:20:08 AM

I got an email from HT yesterday saying my order (1 luna and a tshirt) had shipped to the store and that I would get another email once it was *at* the store :)
Yay!  I'm sorta regretting not ordering a shirt when I placed an order for Luna and Celestia.  Hopefully I can find the particular shirt in the store when I go to pick up Luna.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2014, 08:02:22 AM »
The regular vinyls almost always start out as Hot Topic exclusives, then it'll be several months before they pop up elsewhere.  The POP! figures aren't exclusives, so it's easier to find those in other places. 

Though it is odd that B&N hasn't gotten like...any of the ponies from this year.  I've noticed that.

Walmart has a surprisingly great selection of the regular vinyls.  At least the two Walmart's near where I live do.

Post Merge: November 05, 2014, 06:20:08 AM

Yay!  I'm sorta regretting not ordering a shirt when I placed an order for Luna and Celestia.  Hopefully I can find the particular shirt in the store when I go to pick up Luna.

It sucks that B&N hasn't got any new ones in... I would love an exclusive pair of ponies there.. As for walmart only like one of my walmart gets the funko ponies in close to me, they have had :muffin: Pony Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, the problem is all but the Rainbow Dashs have sold out and four of the Rainbows have been sitting there for months and they won't restock any others because of those!

Normally I'm a huge supporter of Hot Topic, but I am pretty furious about this situation right now.

*First off I have overnight shipping, recieved an email when I made the order.
*Next the release date happens the 4th my order still says processing and no more emails.
*I call hottopic.com and the guy tells me there is a hold on it and I need to confirm my card, he tells me I recieved and email about it when I told him I did not. He then confirms it and says you will get it tomorrow.
*Next day rolls around still processing, I call again, she says your order has still not shipped yet, and has not even been processed.

So yea you can say I'm mad to say the least, last time I ordered overnight shipping I got them on the EXACT street date!

[post merge ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 01:05:54 PM by hathorcat »

For Sale Wants

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2014, 09:22:26 AM »
Toysrus and Kmart also get the ponies and usually have a reasonably good selection-

Alzatia

« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2014, 09:46:50 AM »

As far as I know TRU is clearing them out and not going to carry them anymore. These will be Hot Topic exclusives for months.

I can vouch for this working at a TRU. Since Lyra and Pinkie Pie weren't selling, they where seperated to potentially be destroyed as their retail price was changed to .04 cents in the system. Anything that hits that price is to be taken to the back for potential destruction or re-sending to the distribution center. I blame TRU's lack of advertising them that they're shelfwarming.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2014, 10:01:16 AM »

I can vouch for this working at a TRU. Since Lyra and Pinkie Pie weren't selling, they where seperated to potentially be destroyed as their retail price was changed to .04 cents in the system. Anything that hits that price is to be taken to the back for potential destruction or re-sending to the distribution center. I blame TRU's lack of advertising them that they're shelfwarming.

Wow that sucks! Problem is those two were out for so long, TRU should have done more character exclusives with better quality control and they would have done very well I know it. With better advertising as well! The whole multiple item numbers separating them in pairs, and having the first 5 together as a number it was super weird.

For Sale Wants

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2014, 10:13:01 AM »
Destroyed?  You would think that they would donate them to Toys for Tots or Goodwill like Target does.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2014, 10:17:01 AM »
Wow...

You know, it didn't seem like TRU was treating the Funko figures well to begin with.  There are two TRU's near me and, I swear, there are always three or four Funko boxes that look absolutely horrendous just sitting on the shelves.  That coupled with the fact that the paint jobs on them are normally bad, I can see why people weren't buying them.  I can only speak for my local TRU's, but still!  I'm not surprised that they're going to stop carrying the Funko figures.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2014, 10:31:46 AM »
Wow...

You know, it didn't seem like TRU was treating the Funko figures well to begin with.  There are two TRU's near me and, I swear, there are always three or four Funko boxes that look absolutely horrendous just sitting on the shelves.  That coupled with the fact that the paint jobs on them are normally bad, I can see why people weren't buying them.  I can only speak for my local TRU's, but still!  I'm not surprised that they're going to stop carrying the Funko figures.

Now that you mention it I also saw this completely squished boxes on a couple DJ and an Octavia's window screen was like not glued on... it's not just your TRU. Destroyed is insane atleast clearance them out or donate them to goodwill I would buy them!

For Sale Wants

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2014, 10:32:04 AM »
Can't say i am surprised, either. My TRU would always be shelf-warming with the big Funkos, and i recalled even seeing a Glitter Lyra and Pinkie Pie shelf-warming there for nearly a month.
Lol, it is bad when my Walmart sells more Funkos than my TRU.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #134 on: November 05, 2014, 10:48:29 AM »
Same, my Walmart is actually selling Funkos pretty well versus TRU. The same funkos have been sitting on the self since last year! I know them for their factory paint errors. So sad, though I admit I only bought mine because of the exclusives and they werent at HT.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal