collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: so did I take this ebay message wrong?  (Read 718 times)

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
so did I take this ebay message wrong?
« on: October 27, 2014, 08:45:26 AM »
ok.. being sick and really tired I knkw I can get a bit... difficult.... but this set me off this morning! not sure if this should be here or in whats your problem, but i leave it to the mods if it needs moved lol!
I won a pony auction on ebay yesterday morning, i am watching several other of this persons auctions, most ending today, a couple end in 3 days.  I sent tje seller a message after i won the first auction, saying that I was watching several more and asking if I coukd wait and pay all together. I won another auction in the meantime, and got this message this morning:

New message from: lss1954 (20)
I am trying to raise money for my daughter so I will give you some more time but then I must either get payment or will have to re-list this item.  So at 8:00 am EST on 8/28/14 I either get payment or I will re-list this item think that is only fair for others who had bid on it.

ok... so i only had a couple hours sleep and may have been a bit b@$#% when i responded, but usually its at least 3 days- thats less than 2! so I wrote:

Dear lss1954,

... I can pay any time, I was only trying to wait to combine shipping.. a normal practice on eBay. I will pay now instead and not bid on the others. Thank you anyway.

and paid for the first auction.. not remembering I had won the second. I jave since wrote a second message  stating that i paid for the first bit coukd they at least adjust shipping on the second and ship together. i have not had a response.

so am i just being super grouchy or woukd anyone else have taken that message as knd of  a slap?

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
Re: so did I take this ebay message wrong?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 09:01:30 AM »
Going by her comment of saying she will relist them as it's only fair to others who have bid, it almost sounds like someone who doesn't sell a lot and is wary of buyers, unsure of how things usually work.   

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 09:04:32 AM »
I wouldn't take it personally - she may have just had a lot of non-paying bidders in the past.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 09:23:13 AM »
Your seller has only 20 feedback, right? She apparently doesn't know all of eBay's rules. She can't relist the auction after 2 days. She can't even file a claim for 3. And she would have to wait another 3 days for the claim to go through and give you more time to pay before she can relist the auction.

That being said it was rude of her not to ask you if you were bidding on other auctions so that you can combine shipping. I don't blame you for not wanting to wait for other auctions to end because she may not combine shipping. Not all sellers do.

Offline cassstorm

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 02:28:55 PM »
Thank you everyone :hug: I havent had a response back yet, will see what happens  :huh:

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 05:17:40 PM »
I would have sent her a message first asking about the combined shipping before bidding.  Ebay has made it unfavorable to sellers to combine shipping costs - you can hide a bit of profit in Ebay's inflated margin, so while lots of collectors are being thoughtful to do so, small-time casual Ebay sellers are unlikely to want to combine shipping.  :(

I would definitely pay for the second pony before her stated deadline though, even if it has shipping costs as well.  You can dispute that later but first you need to get the items into the postal system on their way to you.  *pony hugs* 

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 05:35:30 PM »
I had a similar situation recently and I was annoyed and insulted too (auction ended early am, I got a message before I got home from work that same day saying she was going to relist it if I didn't pay by a few hours from the time she sent the message). I actually planned on messaging her after work to see if she would wait because I was bidding on some others and knew I wanted them but she kind of beat me to it with the threat around 12 hours later.

She was new too. That's probably all it is really.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline cassstorm

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 05:42:49 PM »
she did message me back, and profusely apologized. everything is good. she is new and selling for her daughter. i also apologized and we have even chatted a little. Normally I don't get bent so quickly, but it had just come off wrong to me i guess  :blush: 
i know, i know, remember everyone has something going on... but sometimes its hard to distinguish between them and people who are just mean lol!

Thank  you all for the support and advice!!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 06:31:22 AM »
:hug:  I understand why you'd feel frustrated by her, but I'm  really glad that you both got things sorted out now and it was just down to her being new and inexperienced on ebay, rather than rude  :) thanks for the update :bigups:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 08:40:14 AM »
I'm glad you guys got this figured out!  I would have raised my hackles a bit at that, too. 
 :blush:
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 04:41:36 AM »
Glad you got it sorted :) My guess would have been she might not have received your first message stating you were going to bid on more, given how glitchy ebay seems to have been lately! She could also have gotten in a tangle with her sales if she had a lot and is also new :) <-- both have happened to me lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal