collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has anyone seen Yowies for sale in the USA?  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Has anyone seen Yowies for sale in the USA?
« on: October 26, 2014, 05:42:12 PM »
They are similar to Kinder Surprise, which I know is banned in some places. According to their FB page Yowies are available in 1100 USA stores from August inc Valero & selected Walmarts. Just wondering if anyone has seen these for sale? I have a massive collection of the originals from the 1990s, they taught me a lot about different Australian animals. I would be interested in finding out about the USA ones if anyone is collecting these.. Thanks

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-13/yowie-chocolates-relaunched-for-us-markets/5656016
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Has anyone seen Yowies for sale in the USA?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 06:00:08 PM »
I haven't seen these anywhere.........if I did I would get one because they look really cute. It kind of reminds me of Wonder Balls...back when they used to come with the little toy inside but then it got changed to candy and stickers because kids were choking. I am surprised that another company would do the same thing. But if I see any I will let you know!! I think we have a few Valero's around here so  I will keep it in mind if I go to one. ;)

Have you checked ebay?

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 07:27:35 PM »
Huh, cool!  ^.^ Depending on what toys they have inside them I might have to see if  I can search out a few. I loooove animal figurines and these are pretty darn cute!

These are allowed in the US because you can see the seam of the plastic shell, meaning its not fully concealed and therefore in the governments mind safe enough for your child to realize this is not an item they can munch down on. Ive actually come across a few other similar chocolate toy combos but it was without a doubt the worst chocolate ive ever had in my life and the toys were disappointing  :huh:

Heres to hoping i can find some of these

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 08:51:27 PM »
Never seen those before. I'll keep my eyes open!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 09:44:09 PM »
As an Aussie ex-pat I have been actively looking for these as I loved them as a kid.  No luck so far.  They will probably be a let down not being Cadbury though.

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 11:29:39 PM »
I haven't seen these anywhere.........if I did I would get one because they look really cute. It kind of reminds me of Wonder Balls...back when they used to come with the little toy inside but then it got changed to candy and stickers because kids were choking. I am surprised that another company would do the same thing. But if I see any I will let you know!! I think we have a few Valero's around here so  I will keep it in mind if I go to one. ;)

Have you checked ebay?

Yes I have but nothing yet, only the UK & Aussie sites which are the older versions

As an Aussie ex-pat I have been actively looking for these as I loved them as a kid.  No luck so far.  They will probably be a let down not being Cadbury though.

Apparently they will be bringing them to the local Australian market too but I guess that would depend upon the success of the US market.

The originals were VERY cute
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 11:32:42 PM by Sea_Breeze »
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 05:53:32 AM »
I found them at big lots. I got all excited because I thought they were kinder eggs at first. I may have to go back and get them now

Offline sweetapple

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 07:11:49 AM »
Ohhh Yowies are coming back? I loved those as a kid too. I hope they're not too different from the originals  ^.^

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 07:12:10 AM »
I found them at big lots. I got all excited because I thought they were kinder eggs at first. I may have to go back and get them now

Oh that is good to know.  I will have to check one of my local big lots and aw if they have them too.

Babushka

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 08:06:46 AM »
Yes! I stumbled on them at World Market. Got a bison and a panda. They made me think of Kinder Eggs, which is why I got them. I had to look online - the older sets like the extinct/ threatened animals are too cool.

Offline Melodia

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Eurobeat Pony
    • View Profile
    • My flickr
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 04:15:46 PM »
I saw them at Walmart for $2.48 they are addicting

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 09:42:39 AM »
Haven't seen those before--and im counting down the unfortunate and inevitable time it takes for a child to swallow or choke on one of those things.

Patent or not, its the same as kinder and somewhere there will be a parent who is not responsible and will give it to their child without watching.  Kick start a suing outrage and bam! it gets pulled.

I realize its in the shape of a character but ive lost faith and trust and will assume that some kid will think its candy.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 05:16:22 PM »
Found some finally! 

So they look exactly like they did when I was a kid.  The Toys are very similar too.  Endangered animals and what not.

Chocolate isn't as good, but still better than a lot of chocolate I've had in the states.  But otherwise, not a let down at all.  Sea_Breeze, if you want I can send you some, they cost $2.50 each. 

Haven't seen those before--and im counting down the unfortunate and inevitable time it takes for a child to swallow or choke on one of those things.

Patent or not, its the same as kinder and somewhere there will be a parent who is not responsible and will give it to their child without watching.  Kick start a suing outrage and bam! it gets pulled.

I realize its in the shape of a character but ive lost faith and trust and will assume that some kid will think its candy.

Not a chance.  You'd have to have a mouth the size of a hippo to swallow them.  The container inside is HUGE and butted right up against the chocolate.  So you'd bite it as soon as you put it in your mouth.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2014, 01:51:14 PM »
cute
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

vintage pups

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2014, 02:01:58 PM »
Oh. My. Goodness!
 I have loads from when they were on sale in the 90s and I would be screaming and buying all the yowie's from the area if they sell them again in the UK!!!!
 :dribble:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal