collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony Personal Calendar Project  (Read 943 times)

SnowsLove

• Trade Count: (0)
My Little Pony Personal Calendar Project
« on: October 25, 2014, 06:19:25 PM »
Hey all!

I have been popping in and out for the past month and there have been some posts that caught my interest.  One was the pony quilt idea and another was a calendar.   Have been considering doing a calender off my own but would love some insight from other pony fans and collectors.  I am a big fan of Generation 1 but there were and are several ponies of the following generations.  My question is per month and season which ponies would you like to see? What would you like to see the ponies doing? This is a project that may take a year or two. If possible I can take orders for copies of the calendar at its completion but...we'll wait and see. 

Also...for a separate pony project...not My Little Pony...I have been considering designing ponies of my own but would again like some suggestions.  What are some color schemes, names and talents that you would like to see? I have not been able to come up with anything.  :(

Either way this is something fun I would like to try.  Everyone here loves ponies and I think it might be fun to brainstorm together.  You can leave comments or pm me. I want to have some fun with this! If I have any ideas myself I will post sketches and comments as often as I can.  Just keep in mind that I no longer have a computer or internet so everything I post will be through my phone. 

Thanks for your help in advance and let's have some fun! :D

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Re: My Little Pony Personal Calendar Project
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 06:22:19 AM »
Oh my gosh, so many ideas! I'm going to think on this one and post again soon. Yay creativity!  :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 07:10:37 AM »
I think for your own ponies, the best ones come from your own inspiration - you should think about things that you enjoy, moments or memories that make you happy and see who you come up with :)

As for a calendar I love the idea of ponies featuring in months which are relevant to them - so Sunshine ponies in July, Applejack in Autumn months, Flurry for January - that kind of thing :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 07:17:50 PM »
I like the idea of theming your ponies to the month or season. Sparkler would work for July, Merry Treats and Baby Stocking for December, and maybe a mommy/baby pair for May. :)

As for your own ponies, if you are stuck for inspiration, you can google random color combination generator and get something like this: http://www.59times.com/times/color-palette-generator/color-palette-generator.aspx. And then you can use the colors it gives you for inspiration.

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 03:33:27 PM »
Those random colour/palette generators are fun to play with! They can inspire some awesome designs. Maybe you could look into some animals, flowers, or maybe colourful fruit for inspiration as well? :)

The calendar project sounds like fun! I always enjoy seeing ponies that match the season as well. Another way to go about it would be to just choose random ponies (e.g. some classic ones: the original six, Bubbles & Seashell, Glory & Moondancer, Medley & Firefly, Lemon Drop...) and pick scenes and activities proper for each month/season. Like swimming, gardening, harvesting, sledding, baking... ^.^

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 08:24:00 AM »
I agree with all of the calendar ideas! Seasonal ponies during appropriate months, and/or "fan favorite" ponies doing seasonal activities.

Also, for making your own ponies, just do what you love! I would start by trying to focus on "sets" of ponies... like you could design a "set" of twinkle eye or first tooth baby ponies (4-6 each). Or you could design a theme set, like the Slumber Party pack ponies, or Birthday Party pack,... you could do... I don't know... Garden Party ponies, and make one or two babies, a couple adults, a flutter pony with related symbols.

I designed a new set of flutter ponies that I want to make customs of... but my real talent is watercolors, so I might actually start there!

That reminds me, what is your medium?

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

SnowsLove

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 06:15:42 PM »
Wow!  So many awesome ideas! I'm definitely going to have to do some brain storming and then post some of the ideas asap and get folks opinions.  Also that color generator thing sounds interesting.  May try that and see what happens.

Thanks for the comments everyone.  I really appreciate it! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal