collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello to you (all the way from Norway)! ^_^  (Read 566 times)

Offline Nilenna

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • My Little Pony makes me happy! ^__^
    • View Profile
    • ~ My tumblr blog ~
Hello to you (all the way from Norway)! ^_^
« on: October 24, 2014, 08:08:13 AM »
Hi everyone!  :)

This is my first time ever to be member of a forum. I've always thought they seemed a bit confusing and 'scary'. But I'm really into My Little Pony so I thought I'd give it a try. I hope you'll help me with all my MLP questions I might have..!?  And questions on how the forum works. Hehe! :P
Also excuse my english in advance (if everything's not correct). I'll try my best though.

My name is Nilenna, well actually it's Annelin, but on the internet I use my real name only backwards..Nilenna. :)
I just turned 26 years young (October 3). :cool: I'm from Norway (western Norway).
I'm married to the best man there is, his name is Geir. Lucky me! We have a bengal cat together, her name is Areliina, she turns 5 in December. She's the best!
I'm a self-taught fine art photographer. I tell stories with my work.

I love all things magic and sparkly. Love fairy tales, fantasy and fairies. I like to think of my self as a little fairy. :blush:
But I'm not all 'pink'. My favourite genre of music is metal. Favourite band is Opeth! <3 I love sci-fi movies/series. And I love a good thriller like 'from hell' 'the silence of the lambs' and 'the countess'.
My favourite 'pink' films are 'pride and predjudice', 'Amélie' and 'phantom of the opera'. I'm all for love winning in the end! :lol:
As you can see...I'm a bit of everything. :biggrin:

Barbie and MLP where my favourites as a child. I recently decided that I wanted to start collecting G1 MLP. So right now I only have my childhood ponies.
I've been looking for them for days. I found my stuffed animals, barbies, sky dancers, polly pocket and all other toys, but I just couldn't find my ponies. Turned out I was looking in the wrong place. Luckily I found my ponies yesterday.
They're not in the best condition. A bit dirty and dry hair. I was hoping some of you had tips on how I can clean them and fix their hair and so on. Is there some tutorials on youtube maybe? ^.^

I had a lovely childhood. So I often miss being a kid (especially on bad days). Looking at My Little Pony brings me back to that time and they just makes me happy! They're so lovely and colorful and sweet! Aww! :biggrin:

I really don't like the new MLP though... the ones that don't even look like MLP (in my opinoion). >_< But the new MLP that looks more like the old ones, they're okay. But I will collect mostly G1 ponies.

I made a new instagram account for all things MLP. I've posted pictures of all my (8) childhood ponies there. Check it out if you like: @mylittlepony_alv ^.^

~ Nilenna Alv ~

My sales thread ^.^ http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,364527.0.html mostly G1 ponies ++

My pony instagram: @mylittlepony_alv  :bubble:

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Hello to you (all the way from Norway)! ^_^
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 08:51:55 AM »
Welcome! Sounds like you have a wide range of interests. I too love sci-fi and thrillers and even horror movies. ^.^

It's great that you have your childhood ponies, I'm almost jealous of your original Surprise Twins set as my ST Mommy is missing her original twins. :lol:

I hope you enjoy it here!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 02:40:39 PM »
Welcome to the arena :)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 07:02:17 PM »
Welcome to the Arene :lovey:

Sounds like your life is very much like a beautiful fairytale :glitter:  would love to see some of your work :)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 07:13:13 PM »
Hi, Nilenna! Welcome to the arena!

I'm glad to see you've found you childhood ponies! There are tutorials on youtube you can look for, but I also recommend a website called The MLP Preservation Project to help get your herd back to looking new. They really are a great way to make yourself happy again. Have fun on the forums!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 07:49:12 AM »
:newpony: Welcome to the Arena.  I am sure you shall find lots of new friends for your little childhood herd - any special ponies you missed as a kid that you want now?
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 08:04:24 AM »
Welcome aboard!  You have fantastically eclectic tastes.   ^.^  I think you'll find lots of good people here.
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

Offline Nekoi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 09:03:06 AM »
Hello and welcome to the arena!

I've just cleaned up my childhood herd as well, and I really liked this tutorial:

http://youtu.be/W4PZOZxOx8A

If you have any questions I'd love to try and help :) You can find my results in the Brag area!

I hope you enjoy the Arena, and please share pictures :D

(I love Phantom of the Opera too!)
Isn't the world a lovely place? ~ Everywhere you go, a smiling face!

Offline Mareacooda

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 11:15:09 AM »
Welcome to Arena it wonderful place learn more about ponies, make friends from all part world same and have clean internet fun!
Hek! When I join this first place learn about G1 Nirvanas and how other countries some Generation done better (G2s)!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 01:11:25 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :) What an awesome introduction and your English is fantastic!

How wonderful to have your childhood collection. I hope you enjoy the boards.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 08:47:29 PM »
Hi and welcome to the Arena :wave:

I love how your screen name is your real name spelt backwards.  Mine would be EnyaJ if I did that, lol.

I am a Sci-fi TV/Movie fan too.  My favourite sci-fi TV shows are Firefly and Stargate Atlantis and I am a SW and LOTR fan also.

I hope you enjoy being part of the pony forum and I look forward to seeing you around :frolic:

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 03:37:04 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! I never thought I would join an on-line community either, but everyone here is so friendly and I've made so many friends. See you around!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal